Activity Bags for kids!
We first made them for Christmas a couple of years ago – instead of the traditional advent, we grabbed a stack of bags and filled them with a fun family activity that we could do together as we looked forward to the holiday season.
Portable Activity Bag Book for Kids
Supplies to make the binder (affiliate links):
- Three ring binder pencil bags
- White Card Stock paper – one-half a sheet per bag/page
- Colorful Pipe Cleaners
We used the card stock paper to add some durability to the bags. They kinda flop without the extra support and it is harder to see the contents. All of the activity ideas we put in our bags are quiet, low-mess, and easy to transport.
Some of our Activity Book Pages pages include:
- Make funky disguises and/or with pipe-cleaners. It’s another activity inspired by our 101 Kids Activities book.
- Magnification. Give your kids a magnifying glass and a collection of small objects (bugs, shells, coins, etc).
- Play with cookie cutter stencils and DIY crayons – those rainbow crayons are nifty!
- Give your kids a sheet of aluminum foil and some markers to make reflective art.
Quiet Time Activities
- Funky Felt Face pieces – use the felt shapes to create silly faces.
- Fine Motor pom-pom drop – stuff the pom-poms through the tube. You’d be amazed at how entertaining that is to a kiddo!
- Magnetics – along with some metal lids. Build structures with the magnets on the lids
- Craft Stick I-Spy Dominos. Make matches and trains with these DIY pieces – the activity can be found in our book, 101 Kids Activities.
- Sewing Practice. Thread shoelaces through a punched card. Here are some printables for sewing practice. .
Educational Bag Ideas for Kids
- Explore fractions with cut up mini-paper plates. See how many combinations make a whole.
- Give your kids a collection of small items and math cards. Have them match the items to the cards.
- Practice sounding out words with a word-slide made from painters chips.
- Copy and Erase. The plastic windows of the activity bags are perfect to use as a dry erase “board”. Add a piece of felt to be your eraser.
When you have created the pages of your book, use the pipe cleaners to “bind” the pages together.
Have fun!! Show us what you have created in your activity bag book for kids on our FB page!