Halloween is such an awesome time to explore our senses especially with these Halloween sensory activities. There are lots of ooey gooey things to play with this time of year like slime and pumpkin guts. We gathered a bunch of our favorite Halloween sensory activities kids of all ages will love perfect for at home or in the classroom.
Halloween Sensory Activities
Make Halloween fun, spooky, and fun with these sensory activities. There is slime, ooze, pumpkin seeds, eyes, and plenty of other squishy fun. These sensory ideas are great for toddlers, preschoolers, and even kindergarteners. They all can benefit from sensory play!
Each sensory activity is so much fun and a great way to practice fine motor skills in different ways. This is especially great for young children or a busy toddler. They will love each Halloween activity, because each on is loads of fun.
Don’t worry, there are plenty of fun Halloween activities that don’t make a huge mess.
This post contains affiliate links.
Fun Halloween Sensory Activities
1. Halloween Sensory Bin
This brains and eyeballs sensory bin will totally gross your little ones out – ha! Of course, it’s just dyed spaghetti and water beads but we don’t tell if you don’t! This spooky spaghetti noodles are so much fun to play with.
2. Monster Stew Halloween Sensory Activity
Make a big batch monster stew – aka slime – with pretend bugs inside! via No Time for Flash Cards
3. Googly Eye Sensory Bags
This googly eye sensory bag is great for little ones that love to play but don’t want any mess. It’s super easy to make, too! via Natural Beach Living
4. Pumpkin Slime Sensory Activity
Use the inside goo from your pumpkin to make this gooey pumpkin slime. This is so fun to play with. via Learn Play Imagine
5. Spooky Sensory Box Ideas
These mystery boxes will totally gross your kids out! There are lots of ideas here like olives for eyeballs and cooked rice for maggots. Eww! via Inner Child Fun
6. Halloween Sensory Gak Recipe
This orange Halloween gak is so fun to play with. Add some eyeballs and a green pipe cleaner to make a pumpkin. via Mess for Less
7. Fake Snot Sensory Activity
Make this fake snot recipe the kids won’t be able to stop touching!
8. Melting Witch Sensory Bin
Want an easy Halloween sensory bin? This melt the witch sensory bin is a fun combo of sensory and science. It’s the perfect sensory bin for the spooky season! via Sugar Spice and Glitter
9. Pumpkin Sensory Bag
Make a pumpkin sensory bag with the inside goo from your pumpkins. Squishing the goo is not only fun, but great fine motor practice as it works on grip strength. It’s a great activity for Halloween. via Pre-K Pages
10. Monster Sensory Bin
Have a bored toddler? We have a simple Halloween activity for them. Kids love to squish in this monster sensory tub with water beads. The different textures are so much fun. You can add vampire teeth, feathers, Halloween toys, just stuff with different textures. Just make sure you don’t add any choking hazard. via I Can Teach My Child
11. Mud Pie Pumpkins Sensory Activity
This whole pumpkin patch mud play bin is totally edible! via Nerdy Mamma
12. Edible Eyeballs Sensory Activity
These edible eyeballs are another fun sensory project you can eat. via Fun At Home With Kids
13. Witches Brew Sensory Activity
Mix up all sorts of Halloween goodies and make a batch of witches brew. via Plain Vanilla Mom
14. Halloween Sensory Ideas
Make ghosts out of shaving cream and add googly eyes! via Mess for Less
Want More Halloween Fun From Kids Activities Blog?
- We have even more Halloween sensory activities!
- Want more gooey sensory bins to make?
- Halloween is our favorite season! Click to see all of our great fun and educational resources!
- This Harry Potter pumpkin juice recipe is magically delicious!
- Make Halloween over Zoom easy with printable halloween masks!
- Check out this candy corn coloring page!
- A Halloween night light you can make to scare ghosts away.
- You can decorate a Halloween door to show your spirit(s)!
- Halloween stem activities are spooky and science!
- We have found some great easy halloween crafts for kids.
- Your little ones are sure to love this adorable bat craft!
- Halloween drinks that are sure to be a hit!
- Build motor skills with these super cute (not scary!) tracing pages!
Which fun Halloween sensory activities did you try? Comment below and let us know, we’d love to hear from you!