5 Easy Afternoon Snack Ideas You Can Make Right Now
Afternoon snacks can be a quick pick-me-up idea that doubles as a time for families to spend a few minutes together. These afternoon snack ideas are great for kids of all ages and adults like them too. My need for a pick-me-up snack usually hits between 3-4 pm. It’s that afternoon craving and need of a pick-me-up, like these 5 Easy Afternoon Snacks.
Easy Afternoon Snacks for Kids
Whether it is after school, during a homeschool study session, before a sports lesson, or on a lazy weekend afternoon snacks can come to the rescue.
Getting a little extra nutrition can make all the difference in the world. We have chosen these snacks because they are family favorites and are quick and easy hunger solutions!
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Easy Pecan Pie Muffins Snack Recipe
These muffins give you the delicious flavor of pumpkin pie without all the calories. These smaller, bite-size muffins also take away all the guilt associated with eating such a rich dessert. They satisfy perfectly making it our first-afternoon snack idea.
Ingredients Needed To Make Pecan Pie Muffins:
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- A cup of Pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
How To Make Pecan Pie Muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped pecans, brown sugar, and flour.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until it gets foamy.
- Add melted butter to eggs.
- Combine the egg, butter mixture with the dry ingredients.
- Spoon the pecan pie mixture into the muffin tins, about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from muffin tins immediately. Serve!
Burnt Macaroni‘s Pecan Pie Muffins are by far my new favorite snack or dessert recipe! They taste just like pecan pie, but without all those calories.
2. Mocha Granola Bars Snack Recipe
Making your own homemade granola bars may seem daunting, but it is easier than you might think and they last really well in an air-tight container.
Ingredients Needed To Make Mocha Granola Bars:
- 1/3 cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- ¼ cup Peanut Butter
- 2 tsp Espresso Powder
- ¼ cup Honey
- 2 tsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ¾ cup Crispy Rice Cereal
- 2 cups Quick Oats
- ½ cup Sliced Almonds
- ¼ cup Chocolate Chips
Head on over to Mom on Timeout for all the details about this amazing snack recipe.
3. Almond Butter Toast Snack Recipe
This is our third-afternoon snack idea and it makes me a little hungry just thinking about it. This simple buttered toast variation can be topped with all sorts of goodness. We are using bananas and strawberries here, but you can think of all sorts of fun fruit toppings…and beyond.
Ingredients Needed To Make Almond Butter Toast Snack:
- Almond Butter
- Bread or English Muffins
- Bananas or Strawberries
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Sliced Almonds
How To Make Almond Butter Toast Snack:
- First, using a toaster, prepare bread or english muffins.
- Next, spread a layer of almond butter on top of the bread.
- Layer with either bananas or strawberries.
- Then, sprinkle on sliced almonds
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top (optional).
4. Cinnamon Sugar Bananas Snack Recipe
This fourth-afternoon snack idea reminds me a little of individual bananas foster. Because you are making individual servings you can alter them for the taste of each person snacking or you can decrease the added sweetness because bananas get even sweeter when you cook them.
Ingredients Needed To Make Cinnamon Sugar Bananas:
How To Make Cinnamon Sugar Bananas:
- Start by slicing the banana into rounds.
- Then, in a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a large skillet, with non-stick spray, add banana rounds and cook for a few minutes.
- At the 2 minute mark, sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture on top of each banana round.
- Turn over, and add more of the mixture, and then cook for a few minutes more.
5. Ice Cube Coffee Drink Snack
Other than green tea, Burnt Macaroni‘s Ice Cube Coffee recipe is my afternoon go-to drink. This gives you the boost coffee gives you but without being a hot drink. You can make this with regular coffee or if you want less caffeine in the afternoon a 1/2 strength coffee mix or even decaf can work great.
Ingredients Needed To Make Ice Cube Coffee Drink:
- Brewed coffee of your choice
- 1 cup of vanilla almond milk, soy milk or regular milk of your choice
- You will need an ice cube tray
How To Make Ice Cube Coffee Drink:
- Brew your coffee just a little stronger than usual.
- Pour into ice cube trays and freeze overnight.
- Place 5 cubes of coffee ice cubes into a glass and pour 1 cup of milk of your choice on top.
- Give the flavors a few minutes to come together and then enjoy.
More Snack Recipe Ideas from Kids Activities Blog
- Here are some snacks for picky eaters ideas!
- Here are some toddler snack ideas for you to try.
- We have some great after school snacks kids love.
- Summer snacks you can make year round.
- Let’s make homemade apple chips snacks for kids.
- Oh, so many great kid snack ideas!
- Homemade pop tarts make great snacks!
- Kids Activities Blog’s favorite homemade granola bar recipe for kids.
- Try this healthy kid friendly granola bars recipe.
- This apple with granola snack idea is so easy.
Which of these afternoon snacks are you going to try first? Do you have a favorite pick-me-up snack we need to try? Add it in the comments below!