Let’s make marbled Easter egg art!
This marbled Easter egg art project was created with preschoolers in mind because it doesn’t require a lot of skill to end up with a lovely piece of art, but older kids love this too…and adults!
My kids were amazed by this art technique! It’s a little messy, a little sticky and a whole lot of fun to make art this way with kids.
Marbled Easter Egg Art Project
You’ve probably seen those viral videos of people creating marbled mugs with nail polish. Did you know the same technique can be used to create one-of-a-kind works of art on paper?
Art Tip: I recommend doing this simple activity near an open window or outside, as nail polish has a strong scent. Also, be sure you are supervising closely if you are doing this with younger kids like preschoolers.
This article contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed to Make Marbled Paper Art
- watercolor paper cut into the shape of eggs
- nail polish
- toothpick to stir
- plastic bin
- Recommended: gloves to cover hands for this project
Instructions for Making Marbled Art on Paper
Fill a shallow bin halfway with water.
Invite your child to pour nail polish into it. We chose to use pastel spring colors!
Just a small amount of nail polish is needed! We discovered that if too much was used, the nail polish created unsightly blobs on the paper.
Swirl the nail polish with a toothpick to create a marbled effect.
Dip the paper egg shape into it.
Pull out the paper, then set it on a piece of newspaper to dry.
Kids may be able to dip a second egg into the water, but if more nail polish is needed, simply add more!
Art Tip: Wear protective gloves to prevent nail polish from gathering on your finger tips!
Clean Up for Marbled Art
When your child is finished, use a scrap piece of paper to scrape the leftover nail polish from the water before disposing.
Our Experience with this Marbled Art Project
My kids were amazed at the beautiful marbled designs in their eggs!
Each one was different. The marbled easter eggs could be used as cards or strung together to make an adorable Easter banner.
More Preschool Art Ideas from Kids Activities Blog Team
Creating unique art with kids is so much fun! If you liked this activity, you may also Soap Foam Painting.
Preschoolers Will Also Love to Do These Art Projects
- Check out all these ideas for process art preschool
- Easy winter paintings idea – this one we did with preschoolers
- Make pasta art!
- Preschool strawberry art fun
- We talked about making this art into an Easter egg garland <–here is another one to try with preschoolers!
- Make a preschool egg carton wreath
- Here are some really quick set up preschool activities you don’t want to miss!
- Preschoolers will looooove this inspired math art activity
- I think this painting on foil preschool project is just plain awesome
Did your kids love making marbled Easter egg art?