Be the coolest house on the block with these fun homemade pool hacks and what we think are the coolest pool toys EVER! in your backyard. During the hot months of summer, the pool is the central fun location whether you have one in the backyard or visit the community pool. Pool time is the best part of the summer.
Pool Hacks & Homemade Pool Fun
So here are some fun pool hacks and pool toys to make your pool life easier and more fun this summer!
Related: Let’s play pool games
1. DIY Towel Rack Made from PVC Pipe
How to Build a PVC Pool Towel Rack – This is genius! So much better than all the wet towels ending up on the ground or your lounge chair.
2. DIY Beverage Boat Made from Pool Noodles
Noodle Beverage Boat(link no longer available) – Use your pool noodles to create a floating beverage boat
Related: Best backyard pools for families
3. Make Draining Kiddie Pool a Breeze
How to easily drain a toddler pool – This helps you avoid the big puddle of water on your grass when you dump the pool.
4. How to Stop Leaks in a Water Blob
How to Make a Leak Proof Water Blob with tape – Kids will have hours of fun with this and stay cool on a hot day.
5. DIY Plastic Pool Chair Hack
Repurpose old plastic chairs into pool chairs – Great for keeping your feet cool on a hot day!
6. Homemade Dirty Feet Cleaning Area
Rinse your dirty feet off on a bed of stones – This is genius! People are so smart!
7. DIY Kiddie Pool Fire Pit
Have a pool and fire pit all in one place – Put a kiddie pool in the ground in the summer and use as a fire pit in winter — genius!
8. Kiddie Pool Clean Solution You Can DIY
How to keep a kiddie pool clean – Do you have an extra fitted sheet? That is all you need.
Related: Cool floaties for your pool
9. Make Homemade Glowing Lanterns
Glow Stick Lanterns – If you want to swim at night or just hang out by the pool — make these cool mason jar lights with glow sticks.
10. DIY Sprinkler from a Pool Noodle
Use a pool noodle as a sprinkler for kids – This is good for hours of fun for the kids.
Related: Speaking of fun pool noodles projects, make lightsabers!
Coolest Pool Toys Around
The pool just isn’t for swimming anymore — it’s for playing. And today there are a ton more pool “toys” to play with than just the inner tubes of my generation. Here are a few of our favorite pool toys for the summer!
11. DIY Pool Noodle Ideas for Summer
There are so many pool noodle ideas for summer to keep kids cool and playing outside with simple DIY projects made from pool noodles.
12. Pool Noodles and More Pool Noodles!
Robelle Pool Water Noodles Blue and Pink 12-Pack – Pool noodles are a must this time of year. As you can see from the above links, there are many uses for these.
13. Spaceship Squirter Pool Toy
Swimline – UFO 45 Inch Spaceship Squirter – Where was this when I was a kid?
14. Host a Pool Scavenger Hunt
Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Undersea Treasure Hunt -This is a new take on diving rings.
15. Pool Basketball Game
Super Hoops Floating Basketball Game – Who doesn’t love a floating basketball net!
16. Need a Pool? Try this!
Intex Swim Center Family Inflatable Pool, 103″ X 69″ X 22″, for Ages 6+
17. Floating Dinosaur Toys for the Pool
We adore these cute light up dinosaur toys for the pool…kiddie pool or even bath tub!
18. Take Your Doll Swimming With You
We love love love these cute swimming doll ideas from Cabbage Patch which include a floatie!
19. Floatation for More than One Kid
If you have been a parent at the pool with more than one little one you know how hard it is to keep everyone within arm’s reach and safe. We love this flotation for toddlers…literally more than one!
20. Pet Pool Includes the ENTIRE Family…even ones with paws
You need a doggie pool. It is settled.
21. Water Clay is a Fun Pool Sensory Toy for Kids
These clay toys are for the water making them a really fun way to play in the pool this summer.
More Smart Pool Ideas from Kids Activities Blog
- How to pack your pool bag
- What the heck is pool popping?
- Baby pool with shade…do I need to say more?
- Pool snacks because you will get hungry.
- When can a baby get in a pool?
What is your favorite pool hack or homemade pool toy?