It’s summer. And so hot. Like, SO hot.
Last year when it got this hot we decided to get a temporary pool. You know the kind: pvc piping, plastic, above ground. These pools are awesome because they let you enjoy cooling down in the summer, but they aren’t super permanent.
Getting Rid of that Summer Pool
So unless you plan to spend all winter treating a pool that cost less than the chemicals it’ll take to treat it, most of us try to figure out a way to get rid of it once summer is over.
And, it turns out, there aren’t a lot of great ways to do that.
We drained ours, disassembled it and offered it online for free (no one took it) for anyone who wanted it.
Eventually it ended up by the curb.
Pool Popping is the Answer?
Now that I’ve watched this video, I kinda wish we’d had a little more fun getting rid of it!
These people are a little crazy, but they definitely have the right idea for how to say goodbye to that temporary summer pool.
I mean, it also a waste of money so, I am in between on how I feel about this but seriously, if you have the cash to throw away at the end of the summer, it seems fun enough…
More Pool Popping Posts from Social Media
And more and more people are doing it too…
More Exploding Pool Videos
So, what do you think? Is it an efficient way to get rid of your pool at the end of summer?
More Pool Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Make your own toy lightsabers from pool noodles!
- You need a doggie pool…don’t you?
- Everything you need to know about packing your pool bag.
- Have you tried the new poolside Dairy Queen slushies?
- This baby pool float works for more than one kid!
- Favorite pool toys for kids.
- Pool or no pool, you are going to need outdoor toy storage.
- You need a baby shark pool float…right?
- Baby pool with shade for those summer hot days.
What do you think about pool popping?