Make an Olaf Christmas Ornament from a Big Pom Pom
Let’s make an easy homemade Olaf Christmas ornament. No Christmas tree would be complete this year without a little Olaf magic inspired by the Frozen movies. Starting with just a large white pom pom and some scraps of felt and googly eyes you can create a smiley Olaf ornament to hang on your Christmas tree or use as a backpack charm beyond the holidays. Kids of all ages can get into the fun of making this simple Olaf ornament craft.
Easy Olaf Ornament Craft for Kids
This Olaf ornament is so easy to make that toddlers, preschoolers, and elementary aged kids can make it.
Related: How to make Frozen bubbles
The finished Olaf Christmas ornament looks just like the beloved snowman from Frozen! A movie that is a staple in this household.
This post contains affiliate links
Supplies Needed To Make Olaf Christmas Ornament
How To Make An Olaf Christmas Ornament
Simply make a white pom pom with one of these brilliant store bought pom pom makers, cardboard discs, or whatever your preferred method is.
Glue on two googly eyes. I recommend using a fabric glue or tacky glue.
Cut a little triangle of orange felt for Olaf’s nose and glue on.
Cut a black piece of felt for the mouth and glue on.
Part the wool threads and glue thin pipe cleaners right down into the centre of the pom pom.
When dry and secured into position curl the pop poms, just like Olaf’s hair!
Knot a length of wood or twine around the pom pom and use to hang.
And now you have a cute and festive ornament for your Christmas tree!
Olaf Frozen Pom Pom – DIY Xmas Tree Decoration
From just a white pom pom, some scraps of felt and googly eyes you can create a smiley Olaf frozen for hanging on the tree.
- Pom Pom Makers
- White Yarn
- Googly Eyes
- Craft Glue
- Simply make a white pom pom with one of these brilliant store bought pom pom makers, cardboard discs, or whatever your preferred method is.
- Glue on two googly eyes. I recommend using a fabric glue or tacky glue.
- Cut a little triangle of orange felt for Olaf's nose and glue on.
- Cut a black piece of felt for the mouth and glue on.
- Part the wool threads and glue thin pipe cleaners right down into the centre of the pom pom.
- When dry and secured into position curl the pop poms, just like Olaf's hair!
- Knot a length of wood or twine around the pom pom and use to hang.
More Frozen Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Frozen Ice Castles from Sand Castle Molds
- Recycled CD Olaf Craft
- 7 Free Printable Frozen Coloring Pages From Disney!
- Elsa’s Frozen Slime
- 20 Gifts For The Frozen Fanatic
- Costco Is Selling A Frozen Playhouse And Your Kids Need One
More Christmas Ornaments From Kids Activities Blog
- Try these homemade ornaments you can make with your kids this Christmas.
- Make this cute handprint ornament!
- Clear ornament ideas — what to fill those plastic and glass balls!
- Kid-made easy painted clear ornaments art.
- Cute and easy no-sew fabric ornaments you can make.
- Pipe cleaner Christmas crafts including the cutest ornaments!
- Christmas ornament crafts for kids <–BIG LIST
- Make the coolest natural ornaments with outdoor found objects
- FREE Printable Kids Christmas Ornaments
- Salt dough handprint ornaments you can make – this one is a nativity scene.
- Make your own ugly sweater ornament perfect for your Christmas tree!
- These homemade Christmas ornaments will make your artificial tree smell real!
- We love these popsicle stick ornaments.
Related: The best Christmas crafts for kids! <–Over 250 to choose from.
How did your Olaf Christmas ornament turn out? Tell us in the comments, we’d love to hear from you.