Let’s make an easy homemade Olaf Christmas ornament. No Christmas tree would be complete this year without a little Olaf magic inspired by the Frozen movies. Starting with just a large white pom pom and some scraps of felt and googly eyes you can create a smiley Olaf ornament to hang on your Christmas tree or use as a backpack charm beyond the holidays. Kids of all ages can get into the fun of making this simple Olaf ornament craft.
Easy Olaf Ornament Craft for Kids
This Olaf ornament is so easy to make that toddlers, preschoolers, and elementary aged kids can make it. This holiday season you can make keepsake ornaments from the beloved Disney Frozen. Olaf to be specific, who is the friendliest snowman who gives warm holiday hugs. Fans of Disney are going to love this cool Christmas tree ornament of Olaf.
Related: How to make Frozen bubbles
The finished Olaf Christmas ornament looks just like the beloved snowman from Frozen! A movie that is a staple in this household. Fans of all ages will love making this ornament this Christmas season. The family Christmas tree is never going to look better!
This post contains affiliate links
Supplies Needed To Make Olaf Christmas Ornament
How To Make An Olaf Christmas Ornament
Glue on two googly eyes. I recommend using a fabric glue or tacky glue.
Cut a little triangle of orange felt for Olaf’s nose and glue on.
Cut a black piece of felt for the mouth and glue on.
Part the wool threads and glue thin pipe cleaners right down into the centre of the pom pom.
When dry and secured into position curl the pop poms, just like Olaf’s hair!
Knot a length of wood or twine around the pom pom and use to hang.
And now you have a cute and festive ornament for your Christmas tree!
Our Experience With This Olaf Ornament Craft
While my family loved our Olaf ornaments, they also make a great gift. My little ones gave some to their teacher and grandparents. And it was a great Christmas gift idea, they loved it! Olaf isn’t an inanimate snowman, but a wonderful loveable character who helped Ana, Kristoff, and Sven on their epic journey. He may be a newer Disney Character, but my family adore him. And now he is a cherished part of Arendelle…and our house. This is such an easy gift too. Anyone who loves warm hugs and this loveable snowman is going to love this ornament.
- Pom Pom Makers
- White Yarn
- Googly Eyes
- Craft Glue
- Simply make a white pom pom with one of these brilliant store bought pom pom makers, cardboard discs, or whatever your preferred method is.
- Glue on two googly eyes. I recommend using a fabric glue or tacky glue.
- Cut a little triangle of orange felt for Olaf's nose and glue on.
- Cut a black piece of felt for the mouth and glue on.
- Part the wool threads and glue thin pipe cleaners right down into the centre of the pom pom.
- When dry and secured into position curl the pop poms, just like Olaf's hair!
- Knot a length of wood or twine around the pom pom and use to hang.
More Frozen Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Frozen Ice Castles from Sand Castle Molds
- Recycled CD Olaf Craft
- 7 Free Printable Frozen Coloring Pages From Disney!
- Elsa’s Frozen Slime
- 20 Gifts For The Frozen Fanatic
- Costco Is Selling A Frozen Playhouse And Your Kids Need One
More Christmas Ornaments From Kids Activities Blog
- Try these homemade ornaments you can make with your kids this Christmas.
- Make this cute handprint ornament!
- Clear ornament ideas — what to fill those plastic and glass balls!
- Kid-made easy painted clear ornaments art.
- Cute and easy no-sew fabric ornaments you can make.
- Pipe cleaner Christmas crafts including the cutest ornaments!
- Christmas ornament crafts for kids <–BIG LIST
- Make the coolest natural ornaments with outdoor found objects
- FREE Printable Kids Christmas Ornaments
- Salt dough handprint ornaments you can make – this one is a nativity scene.
- Make your own ugly sweater ornament perfect for your Christmas tree!
- These homemade Christmas ornaments will make your artificial tree smell real!
- We love these popsicle stick ornaments.
- Have you tried putting your child’s art on a custom Christmas ornament.
Related: The best Christmas crafts for kids! <–Over 250 to choose from.
How did your Olaf Christmas ornament turn out? Tell us in the comments, we’d love to hear from you.