This easy kids Christmas craft results in simple ornaments for kids to make that don’t require any sewing or crafting skills. Kids of all ages will enjoy making these cloth festive merry Christmas trees made out of fabric are no sew, so they can be accomplished with basic cutting and pasting skills.
EAsy Fabric Christmas Tree Ornament Craft for Kids
If you are short on time during the holiday season you are going to love this fabric Christmas Tree Ornament craft idea. I actually do enjoy sewing but life is so busy for us that if I don’t have to pull out the sewing machine it saves me a lot of time.
Another lovely thing about this finished ornament craft is that they won’t break! Hang these homemade ornaments on the Christmas tree and they are accident proof when they fall, nothing will shatter!
I am always looking for ways to re-create a sewing project into a no-sew idea!
This article contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed to Make Cloth Christmas Trees
This is a great Christmas craft to use up scraps. Don’t overthink the supplies!
I used a mix of fun pop of color for the fabric and some were more subdued trees that are gray with some fun ribbon for the stem. I couldn’t find my stuffing so I used toilet paper.
- Fabric – use the fabric scraps you have on hand or pick up some fun holiday prints to coordinate in this holiday craft for kids
- pillow stuffing
How to Make this Christmas Tree Craft
Have your child trace a triangle shape onto fabric. Double up fabric when cutting so you end up with 2 triangles.
Glue the edges of the bottom half of the triangle but leave the middle open so you can insert the “trunk” using ribbon. Note I use silicone glue that is in liquid form and it’s wonderful crafting glue but you can also use a hot glue gun (children should use with caution).
Once it’s dry stuff it by folding toilet paper squares inside or you can use pillow stuffing if you wish.
Glue the rest of the edges.
Our Experience with Making this Fabric Christmas Tree Craft
I made about 8 of these Christmas trees at first I used them as garland for a party and taped them to the back of some red/white twine.
Once I was done with that, I removed them off the twine and place them back on my Christmas tree as ornaments.
MORE HOMEMADE ORNAMENTS FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
There are so many amazing homemade ornaments you can make with your kids this Christmas. If you need even more inspiration try these:
- Make this cute handprint ornament!
- Clear ornament ideas — what to fill those plastic and glass balls!
- Kid-made easy painted clear ornaments art.
- Q-Tip Snowflake Ornaments
- Pipe cleaner Christmas crafts including the cutest ornaments!
- Christmas ornament crafts for kids <–BIG LIST
- Make the coolest natural ornaments with outdoor found objects
- FREE Printable Kids Christmas Ornaments
- Salt dough handprint ornaments you can make – this one is a nativity scene.
- Make your own ugly sweater ornament perfect for your Christmas tree!
- These homemade Christmas ornaments will make your artificial tree smell real!
- We love these popsicle stick ornaments.
Related: The best Christmas crafts for kids! <–Over 250 to choose from.