I love making all kinds of snowman crafts. I’ve learned that you can make almost anything into a snowman!
This time I went with foam cups, though I’ve used cardboard tubes, potato chip cans, and even blocks of wood! Pssst…if you have extra plastic spoons, you might want to try these plastic spoon snowmen! You can also use plastic cups to make this fun lighted string!
Snowman Craft from Foam Cups
For my snowmen, I used coordinating outfits, matching up the colors of the scarves and earmuffs. You can use whatever colors you like!
This is a fun snowy or rainy day craft the kids will love. They are easy to make and fun to display.
You will need
- Foam cups
- Medium pom poms
- Pipe cleaners
- White craft glue
- Black marker
- First, cut a 1-inch wide strip of felt using the full length of the felt sheet. Fringe the ends with scissors by cutting 4 or 5 slits at each end.
- Second, place your foam cup upside down. Glue the scarf around the cup, leaving enough room for a face.
- Third, cut triangles from orange felt and glue them to the face area.
- For the earmuffs, cut a pipe cleaner in half. Bend it around the top of the snowman and trim the ends so that they hang over by about 1/2-inch.
- Then, trim one side of a pom pom to make it a little flatter.
- Glue to the pipe cleaner on the side of the snowman’s head. Repeat for the other side.
- Finally, use a black marker to add eyes. You can add eyebrows if you like as well! I always do because it adds to their cute expressions and gives them character.
If you liked this project, you will love Michelle’s foam cup farm animal set!
Hope you have fun!
Tell us how much you enjoyed this craft in the comments!