Download our free snowman template to make this fun and easy snowman craft. Using the free snowman printable, it is easy for kids to make their own snowman! This simple snowman craft is great for kids of all ages. Go ahead and print an extra copy for yourself because you know you want to make one too. This printable snowman craft is perfect for at home or in the classroom.
Snowman Paper Craft for Kids
This very simple snowman craft doesn’t need any fancy supplies, use what you already have at home or in the classroom. This works really well as a preschool snowman craft.
Related: Make a marshmallow snowman craft with kids
This free printable template makes this snowman activity even easier. It has all the parts of the snowman and these free printables are a great way for kids and little hands to practice fine motor skills. It’s a great activity for the holiday season, snow day, or just as winter activities.
This article contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed for This Printable Snowman Craft
- Printable snowman template – see green button below
- White printer paper
- Glue stick
- Scissors or preschool training scissors
- Whatever you have on hand to decorate the snowman once built
How to Make this Printable Snowman Craft
1. Download & Print Snowman template pdf File Here
The first step is to print out this two page activity in black and white including the snowman template:
Once you have your printable snow man templates you can use it as snowman coloring pages. We decided to color the snowman parts first anyway.
Then we cut out the adorable snowman templates and the colored parts. This free printable snowman template (grab our pinwheel template here) has dotted lines to cut around makes the snowman outlines extra easy to cut out.
He was super cute and we could have stopped there with the free templates, but we thought it would be fun to add some snowman accessories…
Snowman Craft for Kids
1. Make a Snowman Hat
First came the black construction paper top hat. Rhett insisted that we add a “pilgrim buckle” to his top hat, so I cut out a small buckle shaped brown construction paper piece for his hat.
2. Make a Snowman Scarf from Patterned Paper
Then we made scarves from scrapbook paper. I think this would really be a fun project to let the kids go wild with decorations. Some things we thought might be used to bring our Frosty to life:
- real fabric scarf
- real buttons glued on
- find small black objects for eyes
- find small orange triangle for nose
- use real twigs for arms
- try adding pom poms to your paper snowman for buttons
- You can use cotton balls glued to your snowman to look like snow
- grab some orange foam to make a carrot nose
- find small sticks and use them as snowman sticks for arms
- Add a little silver glitter to any snow areas for shading
Fun Ways to Use Your Snowman Template Craft
- Use this winter themed craft as prompts — just give it to all the kids with little instruction and see what creative results happen then decorate the class hallway bulletin board with a snowy snow-people scene!
- Older kids may want to do multiple versions and make winter art scene.
- Make two snowmen and then glue them back to back with a ribbon loop at the top and hang on the Christmas tree as ornaments.
- Use your finished snowmen as gift tags! You can always attach them to cardstock to make them more sturdy.
MORE SNOWMAN CRAFT IDEAS FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Looking for more snowman ideas for your class party or kid crafts? Check out these 25 edible snowman treats!
- And for some more snowman crafts, see this list of 50 festive snowman crafts!
- Try making these super cute snowman made out of wood. They are life-sized keepsakes!
- Make a waffle snowman for a winter breakfast treat.
- These snowman activities for kids are a ton of indoor fun.
- These snowman rice krispie treats are adorable and fun to build. <–Get it? Build a snowman?
- Transform your pudding cup into a snowman pudding cup!
- Snowman crafts for kids…oh so many fun ways to celebrate a snowman indoors!
- This snowman printable craft for kids is easy and instant.
- This string snowman craft is surprisingly easy and turns out amazing!
- This snowman cup craft is great for kids of all ages.
- Easy snowman painting with shaving cream is great for preschoolers and toddlers.
- Make a salt dough snowman!
- Looking for more ideas? We have 100s of holiday crafts for kids!
- We have a whole list of Snowman crafts!
- Make your own toilet paper snowman!
- Move on over to our how to make a paper snowflake!
- Check out these snowy winter crafts for kids!
- Check out our super fun snowflake crafts for kids.
- For light and easy snowman fun, check out these snowman coloring pages!
How did your printable snowman craft turn out?