Today, we have a collection of the best snowflake crafts for kids from the span of the internet. We have winter fun with a snowflake project for kids of all ages, from paper crafts to themed crafts.
With every snowflake shape being unique, these crafts make a great way to experience beautiful snowflakes, so enjoy these 32 magical and frosty snowflake crafts!
Easy snowflake crafts for kids
Toddlers, little hands first experience pretty snowflakes by catching them as they’re falling to the ground, marveling at what they have found. Preschoolers may have experienced running through real snowflakes and giggling while kindergartners and older kids create cute snowflakes with common art supplies!
Snowflakes and kids just go together, like snow and men!
That is one of the reasons why these snowflake craft ideas are so perfect. Many will encourage kids to get outside the house to search for twigs. Others will send them to the kitchen to grab noodles for pasta snowflakes. These snowflake crafts for kids are just plain awesome!
This article contains affiliate links.
If these snowflake crafts look like fun but you don’t live in an area where winter is snowy and cold; you can purchase fake snowflakes that will provide a winter effect!
1. Shiny Foil Snowflake Craft
Foil snowflakes are a throwback to your own school days, and a great way to share winter tales with your kiddos.
2. Decorative Paper Snowflakes
Parents will use the scissors with young children for these easy paper snowflakes. .
3. Q-tips Reimagined As Snowflake Art
This simple craft project encourages young kids to use household items such as Q-tips in different ways with Q-tip snowflake ornaments.
4. Sparkly Popsicle Stick Snowflakes
Use our popsicle stick snowflakes supplies list and instructions as a guide to make your shiniest snowflake crafts yet. It doesn’t matter what colors you use! Let’s make colorful popsicle stick snowflakes!
5. Large Paper Snowflakes Craft
These large paper snowflakes are easy when you use this free tutorial from Let’s Lasso the Moon. So fun!
6. Upcycled Paper Roll Snowflakes Project
Preschoolers will have a blast making these stunning snowflakes out of toilet paper rolls from Green Kid Crafts.
7. Cut-Out Snowflakes Art
Create a watercolored snowflake from newspaper with instructions from Buggy and Buddy. Kids will love these easy snowflakes this holiday season!
8. Make a Beaded Snowflake Craft
Bring the outside in and make these really fun plastic bead snowflakes from Early Learning Ideas.
9. Tissue Paper and Twig Snowflake Craft
Enjoy Buggy and Buddy‘s snowflake craft, with tissue paper and twigs!
10. Symmetrical Snowflakes Winter Crafts
This simple snowflake craft from Buggy and Buddy takes creative ideas to a whole new level. They’re awesome!
11. Yarn Snowflake Craft
These yarn snowflakes from Creative Jewish Mom, are adorable! The best part is that you can gather materials on your next visit to your grandmother’s house!
12. Snowflake Suncatcher Garland Craft
Homegrown Friends, cute salt dough snowflakes suncatcher garland is fun and really easy to create.
13. Cute Paper Plate Snowflake Craft
For our next craft- run to the kitchen, pick up some paper plates, get your paint, glitter, glue, and let’s make some snowflakes with Messy Little Monster.
14. Magical Snowflake Wand Craft
Create this Frozen-inspired Elsa magic wand craft using the snowflake template provided by Messy Little Monster.
15. Turn Rocks Into Snowflake Art
Your creative little ones will love making snowflake-painted rocks with Non-Toy Gifts!
16. Make a Paper Straw Snowflake
Use the instructions from I Heart Crafty Things to create these fun paper straw snowflakes!
17. Creative Pour Paint Snowflakes
Twitchetts shows how making pour paint snowflakes are fun for kids and a cool way to decorate the house for winter.
18. Make a Pipe Cleaner Snowflake Craft
Grab your scissors and hot glue gun to create these pipe cleaner snowflakes from The Joy of Sharing.
19. Beaded Pipe Cleaner Snowflakes
This snowflake craft from Red Ted Art is an easy way to assist with fine motor activity.
20. Crystal Snowflakes Craft
Let Growing Up Gabel show you how to turn borax and ordinary pipe cleaners into snowflake ornaments.
21. Craft Snowflakes Out of Clothespins
This genius use of clothespins for crafting comes from Our Kid Things. They have all kinds of cute ways to make clothespins look playful.
22. Rolled Paper Snowflake Craft
From cutting the paper strips to quilling(rolling)them, making Artsy Craftsy Mom‘s quilled snowflake craft couldn’t be easier or more fun.
23. Glue and Salt Leaves Craft
Use Woli Creations’ directions to make pretty toilet paper roll snowflakes your kids will love hanging up!
24. Leaf Lantern Craft
Brighten younger kids’ winter days with these watercolor snowflake crafts. The picture above shows a few color patterns Evolving Motherhood used to create hers.
25. Wooden Snowflake Crafts
Paint your own giant colorful wooden snowflake with pompoms using this tutorial from Design Improvised.
26. Make Snowflakes Out of Foam
Use foam snowflakes with glitter and paint to create this Christmas snowflake from Crafts by Courtney.
27. Autumn Leaf Craft for Toddlers
This Q-tip snowflake ornament craft from How Wee Learn is perfect for kids of the older age groups.
28. Make Frozen Inspired Ornaments
This is a super simple snowflake craft for kids of all ages. These adorable snowflakes are as fun to make as they are to display. Grab all the instructions over at Fireflies and Mudpies.
29. Easy Beaded Snowflakes
Pony bead turn this snowflake craft from The Inspired Treehouse into something absolutely beautiful.
Related: Easy magic tricks for kids
MORE Winter CRAFTS & FUN FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Get your crayons ready for these winter coloring pages!
- Or download and print these snowflakes coloring pages.
- Kids can make their own winter crafts with these 23 Ice Crafts.
- Winter Preschool Crafts are sure to keep your little ones entertained.
- These gingerbread house coloring pages are full of snowy coloring fun!
- I made a list of Frozen winter activities your whole family will love!
- Cool and snowy days call for snowman crafts and activities!
- Check out these fun and easy paper snowflake patterns!
- Make your very own snow globe craft!
- Try our Christmas cupcake liners crafts and activities!
- This Christmas check out this free snowman template craft!
Which of the snowflake crafts for kids are you going to try first? Which snowflake craft is your favorite?