What is not to love about these six one-pot pasta recipes? My kids get a one-dish meal at least 6 days of the week. It is harder for them to turn down veggies (they have to work to pick them out and even then the flavor is still there).
One pot pasta prep is faster as everything just goes into the pot and I get to walk away – most of the recipes on this page take under 15 min to prep, cook, and put onto the table. I only have one dish to wash (I *only* have one dish to wash! HUGE win!).
Six One-Pot Pasta Recipes
This post contains affiliate links.
Here are some of one-pot Pasta recipes that our family drools over. If you have a favorite dish we would love to hear about it!
Rainbow Very-Veggie One-Pot Pasta
This is one of our favorites! It’s super easy.
Cook the veggies along with the pasta. Strain. We drizzle it with olive oil and sprinkle on some garlic salt before serving.
Want to add meat but don’t have time to cook? Add some shredded rotisserie chicken or a can of chicken (affiliate). I know cooking chicken would be healthier but this is my “You have 10 min to get supper onto the table” meal. Canned is great as an emergency protein source.
- 3 cups of spinach (or a spinach/basil mixture)
- 1/2 tub of mushrooms
- 3 chopped Roma tomatoes (we like big slices, feel free to dice)
- 1/2 a bell pepper, sliced
- two large handfuls of broccoli crowns
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced or diced
One-Pot Enchilada Pasta Recipe
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1/2 of a Small Onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1.25 lbs. of Taco Seasoned Ground Turkey Meat, or 1.25 lbs. of Lean Ground Beef and Packet of Low-Sodium Taco Seasoning
- 2 cups of Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1-19 oz. can of Red Enchilada Sauce
- 8 oz. (about 2 1/2 cups) of Dried Rotini Pasta
- 2 cups of Freshly Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Green Onions
- Black Olives
No. 2 Pencil‘s Enchilada Pasta is a one pot pasta recipe that is super easy to make!
Want to speed it up? Use pre-cooked meat.
We buy our ground meat in those huge family logs and then cook it with a chopped up onion. Once it is cooked and cooled, I pour 2 cups of the cooked meat into freezer bags. Having meat already cooked when you are in a rush is such a blessing.
Peanut Thai One-Pot Pasta Recipe
Apron Strings‘ Peanut Thai Pasta is perfect if you are tired of eating the same thing every week and are NOT allergic to nuts.
I love how the veggies are barely chopped in this recipe. It’s one-pot, “different” – and still loved by kids.
Mushroom One-Pot Pasta Recipe
- A carton of Sliced Mushrooms
- One half a big bag of Spinach
- A box of Fettuccine
- One half of an Onion, sliced
- 1/4th a block of Cream Cheese (optional – replace with Olive Oil)
Meatless Monday Mushroom Pasta –This 5 ingredient one pot dish is a very filling.
Ingredients include mushrooms, spinach, onions, pasta, and cream cheese. Just put them all into the same pot and cook.
It takes roughly 15 min from the time you start accumulating ingredients, till it is on the table.
We have substituted sour cream for the cream cheese – it is a bit more creamy that way, but not as rich. As well, we used just olive oil for our kids who are dairy-intolerant.
Lemon Chicken One-Pot Pasta Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons Borges Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8- oz. Fettuccine, cooked according to the directions on the package
- 1 pint Sweet Grape Tomatoes, halved
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 package (8-ounces) Mushroom Slices
- 3 to 4 Boneless Chicken Breast Halves, cubed
- 1/4 cup loosely packed Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
Diethood.com‘s amazing Lemon Chicken Fettuccine is delicious! We prefer fettuccine, as it is easier for young kids to get onto their forks and “twirl”.
This meal tastes like summer, and we have even eaten it cold the next day – (put extra oil in it so it doesn’t stick together if you plan on eating the leftovers later).
One-Pot Pasta Recipe Perfect for Texas
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 cups uncooked Elbow Pasta
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey
- 2 cups Salsa, homemade or store-bought
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 (15-ounce) can Tomato Sauce
- A Roma Tomato, diced
- 1 cup Corn Kernels, frozen, canned, or roasted
- A cup of Canned Black Beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- An avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
Damn Delicious‘ Tex-Mex Pasta is SO tasty. So full of veggies, and if you add some chopped and smashed chipotle peppers, it has just a tiny bit of heat.
Enough to make my Texan man happy, but the kids can eat it without complaining about tingling tongues. We have adapted this recipe a lot, changing the veggies that are in it depending on what is on sale, and happens to be in my fridge.
One-Pot Lasagna Recipe
More One-Pot and One-Pan Recipes
- One-Pan Chicken Parmesan
- One-Pan Sausage Broccoli Pasta
- One-Pot Chili Pasta
- Five One-Pan Sausage Dinners
- One-Pan Breakfast Potatoes & Eggs
- One-Pot Creamy Alfredo with Spring Veggies
- One-Pan Sausage and Veggies
- One-Pan Chicken Parmesan
- One-Pan Chicken Florentine Pasta
Which recipe does your family plan on trying first? Comment below!