Talk about throwing the kitchen sink into a recipe! That’s actually what I love about this One Pot Chili Pasta meal.
It combines your favorite chili recipe with your favorite mac & cheese dish — but it’s way easier that making a pot of chili that could take hours!
I love anything with elbow macaroni! It reminds me of Saturday afternoons when I was growing up and my mom would make elbow macaroni with butter and pepper (soooo good)!
One Pot Chili Pasta
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Pasta Sauce
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes with Mild Green Chilis
- 1 can Chili Beans (do not drain)
- 1 1/2 cups Elbow Macaroni
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Parsley to garnish
- In a large saucepan (with lid) heat up the olive oil and add the ground beef, onion and garlic until the meat is browned and onion is translucent. It’s best to add the garlic after the meat and onions are most of the way cooked. Garlic cooks faster than the other two ingredients. Drain excess fat.
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Stir in chicken broth, pasta sauce, diced tomatoes with mild green chilis, chili beans, chili powder and cumin
- Bring to a boil and stir in pasta.
- Lower the heat, cover and simmer until the pasta is cooked (about 13-14 minutes)
- Remove from heat and sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly on top.
- Add the parsley and serve
Using a large saucepan (with lid) heat up the olive oil and add the ground beef and onions. Once these are most of the way cooked, add the garlic. It won’t take the garlic very long to cook.
Drain the excess fat and add a pinch of salt & pepper.
Next you will add the chicken broth, pasta sauce, diced tomatoes with mild green chilis, chili beans, chili powder and cumin.
Mix together and bring to a boil. Once it’s boiling add the pasta.
Cover, lower the heat and simmer for about 14 minutes until the pasta is just about cooked.
Add the cheese and parsley on top and serve.
This is another fantastic one-pot meal that can be served right from the pan.
It makes it so easy for the family to gather and enjoy dinner together.