Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Spanish Rice is one of my favorite meals to make in my crock pot! All I have to do is throw all the ingredients together in the afternoon and a few hours later I have a meal my entire family will love. It’s so delicious and the meat is so tender.
We also love this kid-friendly Slow Cooker Borracho Beans recipe. All of the taste with none of the alcohol (it cooks out!).
One of the ingredients in this Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Spanish Rice calls for SazonGoya culantro y achiote (coriander and annatto). It is a seasoning. You can find it the Latin or Mexican section of your grocery store. If you can’t find it, it is not absolutely necessary in this recipe, but it does make a difference.
Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Spanish Rice
- 6 pork chops
- 3 cups uncooked white rice
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1-2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1 Tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano (I used hot and spicy oregano)
- 2 packets SazonGoya “con culantro y achiote” seasoning (coriander and annatto, find it in Latin or Mexican section of your grocery store)
Place rice and seasonings in your slow cooker.
Add broth, water, and tomatoes.
Stir in peas.
Place pork chops in a single layer on top of everything. Top with fresh oregano.
Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours. Serves 6.