Today we have the cutest beach crafts for kids. Beach crafts make great summer crafts for preschoolers, toddlers and kids of all ages. And since we have a big variety of choices, there is sure to be the perfect beach craft for your child! Use these beach crafts at home, for learning about the ocean environment and in the classroom.
Beach Crafts for Kids
Summer and the beach make some of the best childhood memories. From under the sea inspired ocean crafts to sandy playful sand castles the beach is a place of unlimited creativity and exploration for children of any age. We love these nature inspired beach crafts that can make you feel like you are at the beach even if it is miles away.
A bucket full of sand, the prettiest shells, rocks worn smooth by the waves, as much driftwood as your pockets will hold – wonderfully free natural beach finds so perfect for timeless, treasured craft activities.
This post contains affiliate links.
1. Seashell Craft Pets
2. Spin Art Rocks
What a fun way to use rocks. This glorious color-popping art activity is for children of all ages, using deliciously smooth beach stones. Check out the tutorial on MeriCherry
3. Driftwood Weaving Or A Little Raft For Shell People!
I just ADORE driftwood, and this cute weaving craft from theredthread. I need to make some right now! I love these easy crafts. Such a cute way to use sea shells.
4. Ripped Tissue Paper Collage
Looking for more ocean crafts. Look no further! How amazing is this mixed media collage art activity?! Kids can create masterpieces with their hoard of beach finds with this idea from Joy Of My Life. Also, check out her butterflies and insects made with shells in the same post!
5. Beach Stone Photo Holders
This is such easy peasy sea crafts that doubles as a great gift. What a neat idea! These beach stone photo holders from Garden Mama are fun and easy to make, and the perfect way to display drawings and photos.
6. Seashell Craft Necklace
Want a better way to use up some of the collected seashells? It’s fun searching for shells with holes in them for making jewelry! Just loop, knot, and layer for pretty gorgeous results with this tutorial from theredthread. Kids of all ages will appreciate these lovely necklaces.
7. Shell Dolls
8. Rainbow Sea Shells
Looking for summer activities? This gorgeous backyard activity is something that can be done with leftover egg dye. It’s a science and discovery activity that can easily be turned into colorful artwork and sea shell jewelry when dry. Check out the tutorial on The Educators’ Spin On It.
9. Sea Shell Snails – adorable!
10. Clay Sculptures
Sand isn’t just for sand castles! Buzzmills‘ Clay sculptures are such a sweet activity for small hands! All you need is a bucket of sand, shells, and some clay. This sand handprint keepsake is so sweet
11. Salt Dough Shell Fossils
The Imagination Tree has the most beautiful idea for salt dough homemade fossils and nature print keepsakes! What a fun seashell craft.
12. Memory Craft: Shells
During the summer season a lot of us love going to the beach.How lovely for children to create something special as a reminder of their fun family vacation. Check out this sweet plaster of paris and shell craft activity.
13. Sea Shell Stepping Stones
Want more fun things to do? What a precious idea for fairy gardens and magic steps to a playhouse from buzzmills! If you put your ear to the sea shell stepping stones path, you’ll hear the sea!
14. Exploring Sea Shells
15. Beach-Themed Sensory Bin
If you don’t have room for a sandbox in your backyard, then this beach-themed sensory box from Buggy and Buddy is the perfect sensory activity idea for your little ones!
If you are looking for more beach sensory ideas you can do at home, check out these:
- Ocean sensory bin
- Over 250 sensory bin ideas for kids including ocean and beach sensory bins
- Make your own kinetic sand with beach sand!
- Make edible sand for the little beachcombers
16. Beach Treasure Hunt Ice Tower
Bins for Little Hands beach treasure hunt ice tower is a fun frozen excavation activity that incorporates treasured beach finds.
17. Sandy Handprints
How can you take home and treasure something as ephemeral as a footprint in the sand, or the smallness of your child’s hand the day that she first saw the Atlantic Ocean? Check out Crafting a Green World‘s sandy handprints tutorial!
18. Mermaid or Fairy Cups. Oh the cuteness!
19. Painted Sea Shells
She paints sea shells by the sea shore… Painted sea shells is such a simple and engaging activity.
20. Make Your Own Seashell Necklace
Nothing says summer more than wearing a pretty seashell necklace!
21. Sand Mold Craft at Home
This is one of my favorite beach crafts and we were introduced to this one at the beach. Use sand to create the mold for your next craft project with this sand mold craft.
Can I Collect Shells at the Beach?
Before you gather all the supplies on your next beach vacation, you may want to look into the rules for collecting sand, shells and other beachy items before you fill up your sand bucket! Many beaches around the world have rules making collection of sand illegal. For instance, on California beaches…
Then, is it illegal to take shells from the beach in California?
No intertidal collecting of mollusks (living shells) is permitted in California without a fishing license. Consult the current California Fish and Game regulations. In general, there are no restrictions against collecting empty shells from California beaches. However, on some beaches, empty shells may not be collected.-Askinglot
Confused? Me too! Check signs and specific regulations for the beach you are visiting!
More Beach Inspired Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Print these free beach coloring pages for kids for hours of wave, surf and palm tree inspired fun
- Make your own personalized beach towels
- Have you seen the coolest beach toy? A bag of beach bones!
- Make a tic tac toe beach towel game
- Check out these really fun picnic ideas that you can take to the beach
- These camping activities for kids are perfect if you are seaside
- This is a really fun beach word search puzzle
- Let’s blow bubbles with our favorite bubble recipe
- Check out these more than 75 ocean crafts and activities for kids.
- Let’s make our own fish drawing with this easy how to draw a fish tutorial
- Or learn how to draw a dolphin!
- Check out these awesome summer hacks!
- Here are 22 fun beach activities for kids!
- see this list of 50+ summer activities for kids!
- And for similar fun, here’s a list of more summer crafts!
- Check out these fun summer activities, perfect for any camp mom!
- Make sure to give your child a schedule this summer! We have a recommended summer schedule here.
- Make your own jewelry with seashells! Click here to find out how!
And if you are curious… here are 6 reasons why arts and crafts for kids are beneficial for their development!
Which of these beach crafts for kids are you going to do first?