Babies are always ready for baby fun and baby games. We thought today we would create a baby play station with one of our favorite household items to recycle – toilet paper rolls!
Yes, you read that right…from toilet paper rolls! We LOVE toilet paper crafts, so making a DIY baby toy seemed like the perfect way to include baby in the fun!
This simple toilet paper roll craft turns a small space in your house into a baby play station.
My one-year-old is determined to unroll all of the toilet paper rolls on Earth.
After I found him completely surrounded by toilet paper for the third time, I knew that I needed a way to redirect him. And, this DIY baby toy really does help!
And, I think our bathroom will be cleaner from now on, too…
Make a Baby Play Station
To create this simple baby play station from a toilet paper roll craft, you will need: (affiliate links)
- Toilet Paper Rolls
- Felt, Fabric, Aluminum Foil, Bubble Wrap, or whatever you have around the house that has texture
- Curtain Rod
- Hot Glue Gun
Note: Be careful of choking hazards! Choose things to wrap around the toilet paper rolls that DO NOT have little pieces that can fall or be pulled off easily.
I was surprised with how simple these were to make. Cut everything before you glue to make the process faster.
How to Make a DIY Baby Toy from Toilet Paper Rolls
- Glue one side of the fabric (or, whatever you choose) to the toilet paper roll.
- Add some glue as you slowly roll the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the end shut (It will be hot, so watch your fingers! I used the edge of my scissors to push the edge down into the glue).
- Put glue around the rim of the toilet paper roll edge (See in the picture up there? I’m looking at step number three) and tuck all of the excess fabric inside the roll.
After the rolls have dried, remove an excess hot glue.
Put the rolls on a curtain rod and watch them roll!! Even my three-year-old got in on the fun.
In a few months, consider using the rolls with paint for a unique art project.