We love the idea of a baby play station — one place where baby can be entertained while still observed and part of what is going on in the home around her.
This homemade baby game play area is created with one of our favorite household items to recycle – toilet paper rolls! If you would prefer to not recycle, you can buy craft rolls at your local craft store.
Yes, you read that right…from toilet paper rolls!
We LOVE toilet paper crafts, so making a DIY baby toy seemed like the perfect way to include baby in the fun!
This simple toilet paper roll craft turns a small space in your house into a baby play station.
Homemade Baby Games
My one-year-old is determined to unroll all of the toilet paper rolls on Earth.
After I found him completely surrounded by toilet paper for the third time, I knew that I needed a way to redirect him. And, this DIY baby toy really does help!
And, I think our bathroom will be cleaner from now on, too…
Make a Baby Play Station
To create this simple baby play station from a toilet paper roll craft, you will need: (affiliate links)
- Toilet Paper Rolls
- Felt, Fabric, Aluminum Foil, Bubble Wrap, or whatever you have around the house that has texture
- Curtain Rod
- Hot Glue Gun
Note: Be careful of choking hazards! Choose things to wrap around the toilet paper rolls that DO NOT have little pieces that can fall or be pulled off easily.
I was surprised with how simple these were to make.
Cut everything before you glue to make the process faster.
How to Make a DIY Baby Toy from Toilet Paper Rolls
- Glue one side of the fabric (or, whatever you choose) to the toilet paper roll.
- Add some glue as you slowly roll the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the end shut (It will be hot, so watch your fingers! I used the edge of my scissors to push the edge down into the glue).
- Put glue around the rim of the toilet paper roll edge (See in the picture up there? I’m looking at step number three) and tuck all of the excess fabric inside the roll.
After the rolls have dried, remove an excess hot glue.
Put the rolls on a curtain rod and watch them roll!!
Even my three-year-old got in on the fun.
In a few months, consider using the rolls with paint for a unique art project.
More Baby Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Have you heard the Baby Yoda song?
- Looking for a first coloring page for baby? Check out our Baby Shark coloring pages!
- Advice in case your baby hates tummy time.
- Everyone needs a pair of Baby Shark shoes!
- What about those Target baby cribs…we have some insight.
- And don’t miss out on other DIY baby toys that you can make at home.