Kids will have a blast celebrating Thanksgiving with these 30+ Thanksgiving activities for toddlers! While kids of all ages can have fun with these hand-picked Thanksgiving activity favorites including easy Thanksgiving crafts for toddlers, we chose them with the youngest in mind.
Even though Thanksgiving is packed in the part of the season when decorating and shopping is on my mind, there seems to be downtime around this holiday that is open for having a little family fun. These Thanksgiving ideas will make creating and making memories with your toddler easy and fun!
Oh, and the turkey crafts for toddlers are such a great way to celebrate Thanksgiving and keep your little one busy.
Best Thanksgiving Activities For Toddlers
These turkey crafts for toddlers are such a great way to celebrate Thanksgiving. The best part is, some of these would make preschool Thanksgiving crafts as well as Thanksgiving activities for kindergarten kids.
1. Print, Color & Play with Free Thanksgiving Printables Simple Enough for Toddlers
- These Thanksgiving coloring pages have simple shapes that are great for toddler crayon skills. The bonus is that they double as Thanksgiving placemats.
- This simple design is perfect for baby’s first coloring page. It is a simple turkey coloring page perfect for celebrating the holiday.This set of three November coloring pages are free printable coloring pages can be used with crayons, paint or whatever a toddler thinks up!
- These free printable fall coloring pages have simple leaf shapes and the letters: F, A, L, L.
2. Play Pumpkin Pie
This preciously adorable felt faux food is seasonally perfect. Little hands will enjoy playing with their food while we will all be glad it is mess-free. via Mama Smiles
3. Thanksgiving Tree Family Activity
This is a family activity that can include everyone…including the little ones. It is always a good thing to start the conversation of gratefulness. via Kids Activities Blog
4. Play a Thanksgiving Game
This simple game will have all the kids running with a grateful heart. It can be modified for any level of play. via Kids Activities Blog
5. Take a Fall Family Outing
Lots of ideas to get the entire family outside to enjoy autumn and the Thanksgiving air. via Kids Activities Blog
6. Go on a Fall Scavenger Hunt
This nature scavenger hunt for kids of all ages is really good for younger kids too because it doesn’t require reading skills to know what you are searching for!
7. Play with the Geometric Turkey
With some shapes that require little adult skill to create, a toddler can assemble their own colorful turkey and decorate. via Blog Me Mom
8. Use Felt for a Turkey Assembly Activity
If you are looking for a quiet activity, this is the perfect fit. Felt cut into simple shapes that toddlers can make a turkey…or something else. via Kids Activities Blog
9. Celebrate with a Thankful Heart Tree
Another family thankful tree that makes a sweet holiday tradition. via Kids Activities Blog
10. Read Thanksgiving Books Together
A list of books that will get your family in the Thanksgiving spirit. via Kids Activities Blog
Thanksgiving Crafts For Toddlers
11. Make a Torn Paper Turkey Craft
Oh how I giggle when everything you need for a craft is in the craft drawer. This is one of those simple things you can pull out and do within the next 3 minutes. via Coffee Cups and Crayons
12. Craft a Thanksgiving Headband
Inspired by the Native Americans who made the first Thanksgiving possible. via Kids Activities Blog
13. Use Cookie Cutters as a Stencil Tree
Using the cookie cutters in a kitchen drawer, your toddler can create art. via Kids Activities Blog
14. Make Thankful Hands
This simple craft involves hand tracing and a thankful spirit. This makes one of the best Thanksgiving projects for kids I think. It’s important to remember to be thankful. via Mama Smiles
15. Use your Hands for a Handprint Feathered Turkey
A fun, easy preschool craft that includes colorful construction paper and googly eyes! via My Cup Overflows
16. Recycle with a Coffee Filter Turkey
Using a salad spinner and some paint, this craft is sure to be a toddler hit! via Kids Activities Blog
17. Create Bottle Cap Turkey Magnets
Go small. Make fridge magnets with bottle caps. This would also make a great Thanksgiving activities for kindergarten kids. via Crafty Morning
Easy Thanksgiving Crafts For Kids
18. Decorate a Turkey
I love how this simple activity can be made age-appropriate based on the materials you provide for turkey dressing (up). via Blog Me Mom
19. Make Native American Dolls
These simple play people are up cycled toilet paper rolls and can be personalized to a toddler’s specifications. via Crafty Moms Share
20. Paint a Handprint Ship
This simple handprint ship art project is great for younger kids like toddlers and preschoolers! A toddler’s handprint is transformed into a pilgrim ship with a bit of paint and construction paper shapes. It is something they will love to do and then send as a card.
Thanksgiving Craft Ideas For Kids
21. Create an Easy Paper Plate Pumpkin
This site has several easy preschool crafts. Plus, it requires very little to make. A paper plate, tissue paper, and a glue stick. This is also one of many Thanksgiving crafts for 3 year olds that wouldn’t require a lot of help. via She Knows
22. Make Pasta Turkeys
This silly sensory play is sure to be a hit with kids that adore their time to be filled with a tad of messy. via 123 Homeschool 4 Me
23. DIY Art Placemats
Get the entire family involved in creating custom placemats from their art for Thanksgiving dinner! via Kids Activities Blog
24. Craft a We are Thankful Display with the Family
Toddlers can get involved in the family thankfulness display. via Kids Activities Blog
25. Make Colorful Turkey Suncatcher
Transform a little tissue paper into a bright and happy turkey to hang in the window. This post has a free printable so your turkey will resemble a turkey too! via Learn Create Love
26. Craft a Thanksgiving Centerpiece Together
This table centerpiece is easy enough that a toddler can be involved in the process. via Kids Activities Blog
Thanksgiving Arts and Crafts Ideas
27. Make a Handprint Turkey
This child craft Thanksgiving tradition is always lots of fun. via Mama Smiles
28. Make a Footprint Turkey
This child craft Thanksgiving tradition has a twist! This is a great way to make thanksgiving art for toddlers. Plus, this is one of our super cute Thanksgiving crafts for infants as well. via Kids Activities Blog
29. Make a Paper Plate Boat
Build a ship out of paper plates. If you are brave, grab some paint too. Adding paint to this project would also make this one of the many great Thanksgiving activities for kindergarten kids. via Kids Activities Blog
30. Get the Family Together and Make a Handprint Tree
Make a Thanksgiving handprint tree with all the members of the family. This could be fun with everyone that joins you for Thanksgiving dinner.
Thanksgiving Activities for Kids of All Ages
We have great things to do to celebrate Thanksgiving with kids of all ages:
- Over 35 Thanksgiving Activities and Crafts for 3 Year Olds. So many Thanksgiving activities to do with your kids! These preschool Thanksgiving activities will keep the little ones so busy having fun.
- More than 30 Thanksgiving Activities and Crafts for 4 Year Olds! Preschool Thanksgiving crafts have never been easier to set up.
- 40 Thanksgiving Activities and Crafts for 5 Year Olds and Up…
- 75+ Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids…so many fun things to make together around the Thanksgiving holiday.
- These free Thanksgiving printables are more than just coloring pages and worksheets!
What is your favorite Thanksgiving activity for 2 year olds? Which toddler Thanksgiving craft or activity will be your first to try?