Shaving cream activities and crafts are a fun, simple way to keep kids entertained (even toddlers) for hours! Shaving cream fun like shaving cream experiments and shaving cream crafts are impossible to engage in without a smile! Let’s explore 43 of our favorite shaving cream activities for kids of all ages that you can’t miss.
Favorite Shaving Cream Activities For Kids
If you are familiar with sensory bins, then you probably already know why shaving foam is one of the best items to use for play and learning. Shaving cream is inexpensive and many of us already have it at hand.
Overall, shaving cream activities offer a sensory experience that helps enhance our toddlers’ little hands’ fine motor skills. Plus, you can combine it with other materials for different textures. Some great ideas are food coloring, water beads, a piece of paper, bathtub paint, and more.
Tip for Keeping Mess Under Control: Do these activities in the tub, at the sink or on the back porch in a kiddie pool to make clean up a breeze. The shaving cream will help in the clean up!
Shaving Cream Crafts & fun
1. Summer Fun With Shaving Cream Activity
This is one of our favorite shaving cream activities for some summer outdoor fun. All you need is a tarp, balloons, shaving cream, and goggles – now just watch your little one have their best day ever!
2. Painting with Shaving Cream: Frugal Crafting
Toddlers and preschoolers that love painting, they will love using shaving cream paint to decorate a piece of paper, cardboard, or anything they can think of. When colors are mixed with shaving cream, they will look more neon and bright.
3. Homemade Shaving Cream Craft
Did you know you can make your own homemade shaving cream with all-natural ingredients? Here is a recipe you can try today.
4. Painting Play in the Bathtub
Art is at its best when it’s big, messy, and colorful! This bathtub shaving cream paint activity is perfect toddlers and older kids too.
5. Shaving Cream and Water Bead Cupcakes Activity
This activity doubles as a sensory material too! Combining shaving cream and yummy scents make the best pretend cupcakes. From Mess For Less.
6. Fluffy Slime Recipe
What kid doesn’t love slime? It’s so fun to squish and stretch! Today we are learning how to make fluffy slime with saline solution – in just 5 minutes. From Little Bins for Little Hands.
7. 3 Ingredient DIY Foam Paint
Making foam paint or cream puffy paints with shaving cream is as easy as it gets – you just need to get some school glue and food coloring. Let’s make some art! From Dabbles & Babbles.
8. Shaving Cream and Water Beads Sensory Bin Activity
Another activity with shaving cream and water beads from Parenting Chaos to create a fun sensory bin experiment.
9. The Best Fluffy Slime Recipe
With just 4 ingredients, you can make the best fluffy slime recipe! You’ve got to try it. From The Soccer Mom Blog.
Shaving Cream Experiment
10. Shaving Cream Rain Clouds Experiment
A fun experiments from One Little Project kids can do themselves that is also very beautiful. It’s also a fun way to explain how storms and clouds work.
More Shaving Cream Crafts
11. Shaving Cream Cupcakes Craft
These pretend cupcakes from Smart School House are incredibly cute and little kids will love playing with it. This activity is best for preschool aged kiddos.
12. How to Dye Easter Eggs with Shaving Cream Craft
This dye Easter eggs with shaving cream experiment is fun, easy, and educational. It will allow your toddler or preschooler to learn about science while being creative. From Sixth Bloom.
13. Shaving Cream Marbled Hearts Craft
This shaving cream marble hearts from Busy Toddler is a super cool art project that will wow your little ones.
14. Simple Shaving Cream Sensory Bin
This sensory play activity for toddlers from My Bored Toddler is a very simple shaving cream sensory bin that only takes minutes to set up, and it is heaps of fun.
15. Homemade Puffy Paint Recipe with Shaving Cream
Want to learn how to make a DIY shaving cream puffy paint? Parenting Chaos has a simple recipe you can try in less than 5 minutes and will keep your toddler or kindergartener entertained for hours.
16. Shaving Cream Dyed Easter Eggs
An alternative way to dye this year’s Easter eggs which is more fun than just painting over them. From Crafty Morning.
17. Water Bead and Shaving Cream Sensory Activity
Although a bit messy, this water bead and shaving cream sensory bin is totally worth it and so much fun. There are so many different ways to play with it! From Little Learning Club.
18. Easy Shaving Cream Sensory Bin
A cheap and shaving cream play bin that also doubles as sensory play! Toddlers will love this activity as it also looks very cool. From Twin Talk Blog.
19. Shaving Cream Butterfly Craft
This shaving cream craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me is super simple to make, and the result is a beautiful butterfly craft!
20. Water Beads and Shaving Cream on the Light Table Activity
This water beads and shaving cream light table from Parenting Chaos play provides a great fine motor challenge and even has a bit of scientific exploration into it.
21. Shaving Cream Twister Game
Twister is a family game we all know, but this version has some extra fun – shaving cream! It’s super easy to set up and perfect for parties or family events. From Lou Lou Girls.
22. Shapes and Shaving Cream
Kids of all ages will have a blast when they combine shapes and shaving cream, while encouraging creativity. From Days with Grey.
23. Easy Shaving Cream Bath Paint
This easy shaving cream bath paint from The Craft at Home Family is a great way to make bath time more fun for your little ones, with just two ingredients.
24. Colored Shaving Cream Bath Play for Toddlers
Another bath activity for toddlers using colored shaving cream. This is one of the easiest ways to learn about colors while making bath time exciting. From My Bored Toddler.
25. Shaving Cream Sea Foam Sensory Bin
This shaving cream sea foam sensory bin from Happy Toddler Play Time is a fun activity for kids of all ages. The texture is amazing, it’s cheap to get, and is very easy to clean up.
26. Homemade Bath Paint with Shaving Cream
Did you know you can make homemade non-toxic shaving cream bath paint for your toddler? With only 2 ingredients! From One Beautiful Home Blog.
27. Shaving Cream Thunderstorms
Capturing Parenthood created a fun way to learn about storms with just some ingredients that you probably already own. Kids of all ages will be amazed by this project!
28. DIY Tinkerbell-Inspired Shaving Cream Art
Let’s create fairy dust sprinkles with shaving cream! Your kiddo will feel like they’re on a Disney movie. From Momtastic.
29. Sticky Shaving Cream Sensory Play
Fantastic Fun & Learning came up with a fun play combining shaving cream and contact paper – preschoolers and kindergarteners can also make some art with it while toddlers might have fun just playing with it.
30. Shaving Cream Painted Fall Leaves
Who knew you could paint leaves with shaving cream?! The instructions are easy enough for toddlers and kindergarteners to follow, so give it a try! From Toddler At Play.
31. How To Make Shaving Cream Rain
Mom Wife Busy Life shared a fun way to use shaving cream to make a science experiment with just 4 ingredients. We recommend using tons of different colors!
32. Frozen Shaving Cream Ocean Sensory Play
33. Rainbow Marbled Butterfly Pasta Art
You can make these rainbow butterfly craft with shaving cream from Hello Wonderful as a fun spring craft or just as room decoration.
34. Shaving Cream Marbled Earth Day Craft
35. 3 Ingredient DIY Puffy Paint
Puffy paint is one of the best and easiest DIY projects to do with your kids, and we love that this one uses common ingredients everyone has at home, and it’s easy enough for kids to mix up by themselves. From Eze Breezy.
36. Rainbow Foam Dough
This soft, silky, and modable shaving cream play dough recipe from Natural Beach Living will have toddlers having fun for hours on end.
37. Easy Sensory Play – Shaving Cream and Bubble Wrap.
Using senses through play, like this easy sensory activity from Picklebums is a great way to help your child to use their imagination and it also promotes creative thinking.
38. Toddler Rainbow Sensory Play
Got a toddler that loves rainbows? We love them too! Let’s make our own rainbow sensory play – with fluffy clouds and all. From Fun At Home With Kids.
39. How to Make DIY Marbled Paper the Easy Way
This marbling technique is one of the easiest and cheapest DIY we know about. It’s perfect for art activities with little ones! From The Artful Parent.
40. Marbleized Peacock Art
This shaving cream marbleized peacock is a great activity for the little artist at home, although younger ones might need some adult help. From Smart Class.
41. Shaving Cream Fireworks
These shaving cream fireworks from I can Teach my Child! are both fun to make and to display, and it’s perfect for toddlers and preschoolers.
42. Shaving Cream Marbled Rainbows
Shaving cream and rainbows go so well together! That’s why we know this activity from The Chocolate Muffin Tree will be a success with your kiddo.
43. Bath Paints Using Only 2 Ingredients
This bath paints activity from Laughing Kids Learn encourages creativity, stimulate the senses, and helps children learn about colors, all through play.
More Shaving Cream Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Not exactly shaving cream activities, but these Halloween sensory activities are toddlers-approved.
- This shaving cream paint is very easy to make and guarantees hours of fun.
- We love bathtub paint! Especially when it’s so easy to clean.
- It doesn’t have to be winter for our little ones to enjoy playing with this fluffy snow slime.
- Check out this shaving cream art!
More Kids Activities You Will Love
- Every day we publish kids activities here!
- Learning activities have never been more fun.
- Kids science activities are for curious kids.
- Try some summer kids activities.
- Or some indoor kids activities.
- Free kids activities are also screen-free.
- Boo! Halloween activities for kids.
- Oh so many kids activities ideas for older kids.
- Thanksgiving kids activities!
- Easy ideas for kids activities.
- Let’s do 5 minute crafts for kids!
Which shaving cream activity for kids are you going to try first? Did we miss any of your favorites?