Looking for a quick and easy recipe for a well-balanced meal? This Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner Recipe is precisely what you need! This is the perfect weeknight meal with tender veggies, juicy chicken, and lots of flavors.
A Quick Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
Chicken is one of my all-time favorite proteins to cook. Not only is it good for you, but it takes on all types of seasonings well and my kids enjoy it! It’s always a win. Sometimes I like to keep dinner nice and easy, and that’s where this sheet pan dinner recipe comes in! Once the vegetables and chicken are prepped, they cook on the same pan for easy clean-up.
Related: You can also try Easy Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner, too!
I am always on the lookout for more chicken recipes for an easy weeknight dinner and this one is definitely a hit. We also love skipping the oven on warmer nights and use the crockpot for Quick and Easy Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken.
You can make it your own by swapping out the vegetables! Sometimes I’ll trade out the yellow squash for sweet potatoes or the red bell pepper for green beans. The best part about this recipe is that you make whatever kind you enjoy. I’ll even use my air fryer to cook the chicken breasts, too.
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken And Vegetables
It’s easier than ever to make a delicious family-friendly meal! This one pan chicken and veggies dinner all cooks – you guessed it – in ONE PAN! (Like BBQ? You could also try Instant Pot BBQ Chicken!) If you don’t enjoy a lot of dishes to wash at the end of the day and are looking for an easy cleanup, this is perfect for you. Once all the veggies and chicken are chopped, add your seasonings and oil. Then you’re good to bake until it’s ready to enjoy.
Ingredients Needed For Sheet Pan Chicken
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts – You’ll want to cut them into bite-size pieces.
- Broccoli – This is about 1 small head of broccoli and it will need to be chopped into small florets.
- Yellow squash – Cut it into ½ inch pieces and then cut it in half.
- Zucchini – Cut it into ½ inch pieces and then cut it in half.
- Red bell pepper – Cleaned/seeded and then cut into ½ inch pieces.
- Olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for serving – This is a bright and fresh optional garnish.
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese – Also optional, but worth it in my opinion!
Directions For Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
Prepare the large baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying it with non-stick cooking spray.
Tip: You can use a silicone mat instead of foil if you like.
Cut your chicken breasts and vegetables and add them all to a large bowl and toss to combine.
Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle your seasonings on top. Toss to coat the chicken and veggies evenly.
Transfer to your baking sheet and make sure everything is spread evenly.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the chicken and veggies are cooked through.
Tip: The chicken should have an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and the vegetables should be tender. Depending on the veggies you choose, they may have different cook times. Sweet potatoes should be started 5-10 minutes before the rest to ensure that they will be ready at the same time.
Top with parsley and parmesan and then enjoy!
Tip: To take this meal up a notch you can serve it over rice or pasta!
HELPFUL TIPS FOR THIS SHEET PAN CHICKEN DINNER RECIPE
What is the best size of sheet pan for sheet pan dinners?
The size of your pan really depends on the amount of food you are cooking. We like using a half-sheet pan, 18 by 13 inches with a 1 inch rim all the way around to hold the food in.
Should I add foil to the pan before adding the food?
To help with clean up, we suggest lining the sheet pan with foil or a silicone mat.
Can I prep sheet pan meals ahead of time?
Yes, you can cut the vegetables and chicken for this Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner and keep them in an airtight container up to 5 days, depending on what vegetables you choose to cook.
What can I serve with this Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner?
While this sheet pan meal is complete with a protein and vegetables, we like serving with rice.
More One Pan/Pot Dinner Recipes From Kids Activities Blog
- If you enjoy seafood, you can make Easy One Pan Fish and Veggies with your favorite white fish.
- Wan a quick and easy Italian meal? You can’t go wrong with this Easy One Pan Chicken Parmesan Recipe.
- 3 Ingredient One Pot Bacon Mac and Cheese is sure to be a hit any night of the week!
- If you want something fun and new with a little heat and fluffy rice, you should try Easy One Pot Sausage and Rice.
- You have to try this air fryer fried chicken recipe, it is soooo good.
- Looking for some chicken wrap ideas? We got em!
- Check out these 12 easy dinner ideas for your family!
Have you made this recipe yet? Let us know in the comments what your favorite vegetables to use are!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 ½ pounds) cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups (1 small) head broccoli, cut into florets **see notes
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into ½ inch pieces and then cut in half
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into ½ inch pieces and then cut in half
- 1 red bell pepper, cleaned and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for serving, optional
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Line a large baking sheet with foil, then lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray
- Cut chicken and place in large bowl
- Cut all the vegetables and place in large bowl
- Stir to combine
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Then season
- Toss to coat
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet and spread evenly
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked completely to 165 degrees internal temperature and vegetables are tender
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 296mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 4g