Quick & Easy Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe
Our Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe is essentially a dump dinner that takes almost no time to prepare and pleases even the pickiest eater in the family. Some of the best and easiest recipes are made in the slow cooker, and this crockpot creamy chicken is definitely one of them. This recipe is a great spin on a classic chicken dinner and tastes delightfully creamy and cheesy.
Easy Chicken Dinner Made in Crockpot
Even my kids love this meal, and getting them to try new things can be very hard. Plus, you can always let them help you prepare it! Cooking with your little ones can be such a blast. Set-and-forget meals are always perfect for busy weeknights or relaxing weekends.
Related: Favorite slow cooker recipes
The best part about slow-cooked meals is that they make your house smell so good. The cheese and garlic aroma that comes from this dish is mouth watering. There’s also something so comforting about this meal. It’s perfect to share with family and friends, and it’s so versatile. You can make whatever side dish with it you like including pasta or mashed potatoes, making it different each time.
How to Make Creamy Slow-Cooker Chicken
Even though this meal takes around 6 hours to cook, you don’t have to spend hours in your kitchen. Once you have all the ingredients measured out, you add them straight to your slow cooker – so easy! The only other step is removing the chicken to shred it, but other than that, it takes minutes to get it going.
Ingredients Needed to Make Creamy Slow-Cooker Chicken
- Boneless skinless chicken breast – You can substitute chicken thighs here but I find chicken breast much easier to shred.
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Cream of chicken soup
- Cream cheese
Instructions for Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken
Make sure you line your slow cooker with a disposable liner or spray it generously with non-stick cooking spray. You don’t want any of this delicious meal to get stuck to the bottom.
Layer your chicken breasts at the bottom of the pot.
Sprinkle all of your seasonings on top, including the salt and pepper.
Next is the cream of chicken soup and the milk. Whisk them together before pouring over the seasoned chicken.
Cut your cream cheese into cubes so it can be easily distributed over the chicken and soup mixture.
Tip: Since it isn’t going to be mixed together at this point, your cream cheese doesn’t have to be at room temperature.
Put on the cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3 hours (if you just can”t wait). Make sure you check your chicken before pulling it. It needs to reach an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees F. Safety first!
Remove the chicken and use two forks to shred it.
Tip: If I want a shortcut, I put the chicken in a bowl and use a hand mixer. Your chicken will be shredded and ready to go in less than 2 minutes.
Add your shredded chicken back into the slow cooker and mix all of the ingredients until thoroughly combined.
Serve with your favorite side dish. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator. They should last up to 4 days.
Our Finished Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe and Suggestions
The finished chicken crockpot meal is so irresistibly creamy and cheesy.
Want to know the best part?
You can change it up slightly to make it your own or turn it into another quick dinner.
Suggested Variations for Creamy Chicken Recipe
- If you want to change up the flavors, try cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken.
- You can even substitute the cream cheese for some homemade or store-bought alfredo sauce.
- Add broccoli or fresh spinach for some veggies!
Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken
This Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken goes together in minutes. Serve it over noodles, rice or mashed potatoes.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 cans (10.5 oz each) cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup milk
- 1 block (8 oz) cream cheese, cut into cubes
- Rice, cooked
- Noodles, cooked
- Mashed potatoes
- Spray the insert of a slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray
- Place chicken breasts in a single layer on the bottom
- Season with seasonings, salt and pepper
- Whisk together the soup and milk, pour over chicken
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes and place evenly in slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3 hours, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees F
- Remove chicken from slow cooker onto a cutting board and shred with two forks
- Return chicken to slow cooker and mix to combine well
- Serve with rice, noodles or mashed potatoes
- Store leftovers in refrigerator
More Slow Cooker Recipes and Easy Chicken Recipes from KidS Activities Blog
Looking for more quick meal inspiration? Here are some more family-favorite recipes that are super easy to make!
- Tasty Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork
- Our favorite crock pot chili recipe
- Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs
- Need crock pot to instant pot conversion chart?
- Easy Slow Cooker Irish Stew
- Healthy crock pot meals we love
- Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Christmas crock pot recipes that work year round!
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- You have to try this air fryer fried chicken recipe, it is soooo good.
What did you think of our easy creamy chicken recipe made in the slow cooker?