Most of us reach for a cup of coffee first thing in the morning and it’s hard to beat a warm and flavorful cup of coffee. From Dalgona coffee to Caramel iced coffee, these favorite coffee drinks recipes give you the opportunity to make your favorite brew at home, whether morning, noon, or night.
EASY MORNING COFFEE RECIPES FOR FAVORITE COFFEE DRINK
Since I am home with the kids and working, I can’t get to coffee shops as often as I used to! Ahhh…I dream of the smell of pumpkin spice lattes in the morning.
While I often opt for a spoonful of sugar and a splash of almond milk to a cup of strong coffee, I also love to mix things up with other ingredients to add a bit of flavor to my morning. I have become my own barista and it was way easier than I thought.
The best thing is that these easy recipes help save me money because it means fewer visits to the Starbucks drive-in!
So, we have gathered 5 of the most popular (and most delicious) coffee recipes that you can make at home without too much fuss.
They are a delicious morning pick me up! Oh, and an easy recipe…
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Dalgona Coffee Recipe
Dalgona Coffee is one of my favorite homemade morning coffees at home It is milky, light, sweet, with a hint of bitterness. Absolutely delicious! The latest dalgona coffee craze is actually super simple to make.
Ingredients Needed To Make Dalgona Coffee:
- 2 Tbsp. granulate sugar
- 2 Tbsp. instant coffee
- 2 Tbsp. hot water
How To Make Dalgona Coffee Recipe:
- Using an electric mixer, whip together hot water, sugar, and instant coffee until it turns into a foam.
- Fill your mug with ice and any milk.
- Then top with the foam you made.
- Be sure to mix the coffee mixture well as the foam by itself is fairly strong.
2. Mocha Coffee Recipe
This is one of the easiest coffee recipes at home to make a great cup of mocha coffee and one I have used quite a bit, especially in the winter when regular hot coco just does not cut it. So swap the sugar for a pack of instant hot chocolate with this recipe, and you’ve got the start of a super sweet dessert. I mean, coffee.
Ingredients Needed To Make Mocha Coffee:
- 1 Cup hot brewed coffee
- 1-2 Tbsp. hot coco mix (more if you want it extra chocolatey and sweet)
- (optional) Whipped cream
How To Make Mocha Coffee:
- Make yourself a cup of hot coffee.
- Then add the instant hot chocolate to a steaming cup of coffee.
- Stir in the half-and-half, as much as you like.
- Then top with whipped cream.
Variations For Mocha Coffee:
You can also use flavored hot chocolate or white hot chocolate mix to make your coffee extra exciting! Oh, and garnishing with a little chocolate syrup will make you feel like you just stood in line at the coffee shop.
3. Snickerdoodle Latte Recipe
Need morning coffee? Then this is for you. I love lattes and their foamy deliciousness. Lattes sound intimidating, but they can be easy to make at home, which is great because I’m all about easy!
Ingredients Needed To Make A Snickerdoodle Latte:
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 cup hot espresso
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- (Optional) cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on top
How To Make Snickerdoodle Latte:
- For this particular recipe, pour 1 and 1/2 cups of milk into a small glass jar or other jar that has a lid.
- Add in 2 tablespoons light brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, then shake for about one minute.
- Pour 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee into your mug, add in your milk concoction, and stir.
- Last but not least, top that latte with cinnamon sugar.
4. Frothy Café Bombon Recipe
Warning, this recipe will make about four cups! But it’s worth it for this Spanish treat. It’s such a rich cup of drink, very good when it’s cold.
Ingredients Needed To Make Frothy Cafe Bombon Coffee:
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 cups strong brewed coffee – french press, espresso machine or coffee machine
- ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cups sweetened condensed milk
How To Make Frother Cafe Bombon Coffee:
- Heat up 1 cup of whole milk (the microwave will do just fine, as long as you’re using a microwave-safe cup).
- Meanwhile, divide 3/4 cup of condensed milk among four coffee mugs. Carefully pour a serving of coffee into each mug.
- Return to the hot milk and froth it by whisking it quickly.
- Add a dollop of foam to each cup.
- Finish it with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
5. Caramel Iced Coffee Recipe
This is my jam! I am all about Caramel iced coffee especially in the summer and this recipe is particularly good.
Ingredients Needed To Make Caramel Iced Coffee:
- 4 cups coffee
- Ice cubes
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup caramel bits
- 1/2 cup French vanilla creamer (I like to use sweet cream creamer sometimes)
How To Make Caramel Iced Coffee:
- In a sauce pan add everything but the coffee and ice.
- Bring your mixture to a simmer and stir frequently to allow the caramel to melt and nothing to burn.
- Keep stirring for a hot minute until everything in the pan is well blended (the coco may settle and that’s fine.)
- Set aside and allow it to cool separating about a Tbsp.
- Then add the coffee and the caramel mixture into a blender.
- Add ice to your desired thickness.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add to your glass, add a little whipped cream and drizzle the excess caramel over it.
There is a little morning pick-me-up for everyone whether you want simple, very sweet, or just right. These hot and cold drinks will brighten up any morning, and while they may take a minute to make, they’re oh so worth it!
Equipment You Need for These At Home Coffee Recipes
The good news is that any of these home coffee recipes can be made the way that you make coffee. Whether it be instant coffee which only requires hot water and a mug, your favorite drip coffee maker, a one-cup coffee maker like a Keurig or Nespresso or a french press. Whatever you like to use to make your morning coffee can be used with these coffee recipes.
Basic Pantry Coffee Ingredients
Good coffee and fresh filtered water are the main pantry ingredients you need to make your best morning coffee. We love the coffee hack from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom (2 Ingredient Coffee Hack You Won’t Believe!) which suggests adding a little baking soda and Saigon Cinnamon to your pre-brewed coffee for extra flavor.
As for cream, I love the taste of fresh whipping cream in coffee, but am unable to have dairy these days. Substitutes for cream that I love include soy milk, almond milk, coconut milk and oat milk. There are also many non-dairy creamers on the market that taste fancy and delicious.
And sugar. While I love a good strong cup of black coffee, sugar is a sweet addition and treat. Good old granulated sugar works well, I love raw sugar and there are a lot of fun sugar variations and substitutions to try too!
Milk & Cream Substitutions for Coffee Drink Recipes
The good news is that if you are dairy-free there are now a lot of options for you both at the coffee shop and homemade version. Replace your steamed milk, warm milk, cold milk, or cream with oat milk, soy milk, almond milk, coconut milk for the easiest way to go milk-free au lait!
Best Morning Coffee
- This Farm Fresh 100% Kona Coffee comes in a medium roast with whole beans from Blue Horse 100% Kona Coffee from Hawaii
- Need a really good instant coffee? I love the Starbucks VIA Instant Coffee Dark Roast packets that comes in a 50 count French Roast
- The Real Good Coffee Company has a whole bean coffee organic dark roast that contains 100% whole arabica beans that I really love
- Peet’s Coffee, Major Dickason’s Blend has dark roast ground coffee that is delicious
- How about Lavazza Super Crema Whole Bean Coffee Blend with a medium espresso roast Authentic Italian blended and roasted in Italy produced in a nut-free facility and is mild and creamy
Looking For Something To Go With Your Coffee?
Your morning pick me up isn’t complete without something to go with it! Any coffee lover will also adore these breakfast ideas! We have savory and we have sweet and everything in-between!
- Who says you can’t have cake for breakfast? These 5 breakfast cake recipes are perfect!
- Need something savory to offset the sweet? No problem! This southwest mini braids are the perfect breakfast!
- Looking for something easy and delicious? This kid friendly breakfast casserole is exactly what you’re looking for!
- Wanting something else? We have over 50 delicious breakfast recipes we are sure your will love.
- Ways to make your morning coffee better with just 2 additional ingredients.
- More fun coffee recipes you can make at home.
Coffee Inspired Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Oh! If you have a bunch of coffee filters leftover, we have the best selection of coffee filter crafts for kids.
- My favorite coffee filter craft is coffee filter roses.
- Or if you want to make a coffee playdough recipe, we have that too!
- And last but not least, if you need some coffee can crafts, check those out.
What is your favorite coffee recipe to make at home? What fancy coffee do you make better than the coffee shop barista?