If your kid loves farm animals, they’re going to love our new, fun how to draw a chicken tutorial! Yay!
Our chicken drawing tutorial includes three printable pages with detailed steps and images on how to draw a cartoon chicken.
We recommend downloading and printing these pages so you and your little ones can use them as a visual guide. Let’s get started!
How to draw a chicken step by step
Drawing has so many benefits!
Besides being a fun screen-free activity, learning how to draw a chicken is a creative, and colorful art experience for kids of all ages that helps them develop their creativity and imagination. Grab a pencil or erasable pen, and don’t forget lots of paper for practicing!
I love that once you learn how to draw a chicken, you’ll be able to draw one every time you want to without looking at this tutorial – but still, I recommend keeping it for future reference!
How to draw a chicken easy steps
You don’t need any special or expensive tools to draw a chicken. A simple piece of paper and a regular pencil will do the work just fine!
Learn how to draw a chicken by printing our step by step tutorial and follow these simple instructions:
Step 1: Let’s draw a cute chicken! First, draw an oval.
Step 2: Add a drop shape below the oval.
Step 3: Draw two arched lines and erase extra lines – these will be the wings.
Step 4: Draw three ovals. Notice they’re tilted. This will be our chicken’s crest!
Step 5: Add a triangle to the crest and erase extra line. Your chicken drawing is almost done.
Step 6: Draw a set of three ovals on each side for the claws – notice how the middle ovals are smaller.
Step 7: Add a curved triangle for the beak – so cute.
Step 8: Great! Let’s add some details! Draw circles for the eyes, ovals for the cheeks, drop shapes coming down the beak for the wattle, and wavy lines on the body to make the effect of feathers.
Step 9: Amazing job! This is the most important step: Congratulate yourself for drawing a chicken!
Your chicken is done! Yay! Now it’s time to color it and maybe draw more cute chickens.
How did your chicken drawing turn out?
More How To Draw
Need coloring supplies? Here are some kid favorites:
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
You can find LOADS of super fun coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More drawing fun from Kids Activities Blog
- How to draw a leaf – use this step-by-step instruction set for making your own beautiful leaf drawing
- How to draw an elephant – this is an easy tutorial on drawing a flower
- How to draw Pikachu – OK, this is one of my favorites! Make your own easy Pikachu drawing
- How to draw a panda – Make your own cute pig drawing by following these instructions
- How to draw a turkey – kids can make their own tree drawing by following along these printable steps
- How to draw Sonic the Hedgehog – simple steps to making a Sonic the Hedgehog drawing
- How to draw a fox – make a beautiful fox drawing with this drawing tutorial
- How to draw a turtle– easy steps for making a turtle drawing
- See all of our printable tutorials on how to draw <–by clicking here!
Discover even more How to Draw activity resources
The Big Drawing Book
By following the very simple step-by-steps in this fun drawing book you can draw dolphins diving in the sea, knights guarding a castle, monster faces, buzzing bees, and lots, lots more.
Drawing Doodling and Coloring
An excellent book filled with doodling, drawing and coloring activities. On some of the pages you’ll find ideas for what to do, but you can do whatever you like.
Write and Draw Your Own Comics
Write and Draw Your Own Comics is full of inspiring ideas for all kinds of different stories, with writing tips to help you on your way. for kids who want to tell stories, but gravitate toward pictures. It has a mix of partially-drawn comics and blank panels with intro comics as instructions – lots of space for kids to draw their own comics!