Sesame Street has been instrumental in helping children to understand the realities of social distancing and coronavirus in a way that is understandable to them. Now Elmo, Grover, and friends are coming back with a second special town hall about coronavirus.
The latest Sesame Street Town Hall will air on CNN and feature questions that viewers can submit ahead of time. CNN chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta will join Big Bird to share tips for kids during the 1 hour special.
View this post on Instagram
Sesame Street already has ways to help kids understand the current situation in the world:
- Children can call their favorite Sesame Street characters for tips on staying home
- Grover has tips for helping kids cope with the coronavirus
- Rosita teaches kids belly breathing and other calming techniques
The newest Sesame Street Town Hall allows parents to submit their questions on CNN before the show, while Elmo, Grover, Abby Cadabby, and Rosita will answer many of them with the help of medical experts. Topics include summer safety, play dates, schooling and how kids and families around the world are creatively coping, and more.
The ABCs of Covid 19: A CNN / Sesame Street Town Hall for Kids and Parents will air next Saturday, May 30th at 10am Eastern Standard Time on CNN, CNN’s website and apps, and certain on-demand options. Questions can be submitted in advance on CNN.com.
FOR MORE STUCK AT HOME RESOURCES:
- Join one of your kids’ favorite authors or illustrators for online story time!
- Make a headband with button for mask.
- Travel the world from your couch with this list of 40+ virtual field trips.
- A dozen moms shared how they are keeping sane with a schedule for school at home.
- Let kids explore this virtual Hogwarts escape room!
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home!
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Print out some Frozen 2 coloring pages.
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- 5 minute crafts are saving my bacon right now — so easy!
- Impress your “students” with fun facts for kids!
- Make a quarantine time capsule.
- Make bread!
- Use this hand washing trick for kids… it’s baby shark time!
- Check out tips for how to homeschool preschool.
- Try these favorite halloween games.
- Make reading even more fun with this PB kid summer reading challenge.