We’ve got a great idea for a quarantine time capsule. Not only is it a fun way to spend some of your newly-found homeschooling time — it will also help your kids process their feelings about COVID-19.
While most of the country is still on stay-at-home orders, it’s hard to deny that we are living at a very unique time in history, and one that your kids will probably reference throughout their lives.
These printables help your kids document this time!
Courtesy of LONG Creations on FacebookYou can download this printable coronavirus time capsule worksheet for your kids for free.
This time capsule was created by Natalie Long at LONG Creations. A stay-at-home mom of two young children, Long creates her digital designs and printable from her home in Alberta, Canada.
Her COVID-19 time capsule was created to help her kids create a keepsake to remember what was going on at this point in time.
Each of the 11 pages features places for your children to write or draw what is going on in their worlds, including:
- All About Me Today
- How I’m Feeling
- My Community
- What I’m Doing to Keep Busy
- A Letter to Myself
- An Interview with My Parents
- A Letter from My Parents
- And more
It’s a great chance for children to be able to collect and record their thoughts about this time and be able to look back on them some day.
Long is offering the printable free on her Facebook page, as well as through Dropbox and Google Drive links.
We hope this quarantine time capsule idea will help your kids think through how they are feeling. It might just help you get to know your kids a little better in the process!
YOUR KIDS WILL LOVE THESE ACTIVITIES:
- Play these 50 science games for kids
- Coloring is fun! Especially with Easter coloring pages.
- You won’t believe why parents are gluing pennies on shoes.
- Rawr! Here are some of our favorite dinosaur crafts.
- A dozen moms shared how they are keeping sane with a schedule for school at home.
- Let kids explore this virtual Hogwarts escape room!
- Take your mind off dinner and use these easy dinner ideas.
- Try these fun edible playdough recipes!
- Make this homemade bubble solution.
- Your kids will think these pranks for kids are hilarious.
- My kids love these active indoor games.