How to Make Your Own Face Mask HeadbandHere are some of the top tips and videos for creating a DIY headband and button to be used with an elastic face mask. Each tutorial details what materials you can use to help out our healthcare personnel. This first idea is simple enough and just uses ribbons and buttons which you might have stashed among your craft supplies.
How to Make a Button Headband For Your Face Maskfrom Sew Cute by Katie Using a store-bought stretch handband, Katie thoroughly demonstrates where to place the button as well as how to hand sew the button on.
How to Create a Double-sided Headband with Button to Make Your Face Mask More Comfortablefrom Happy Together with Jess Jess shares her patterns for both adult and kid-sized head bands as well as step-by-step instructions on how to put all the pieces together on her blog.
DIY Knit Headband with Buttons for Elastic Face Masksfrom Sew Craftie with Connie Connie uses a knit fabric headband in this video tutorial. She also shows how to sew the head band and button on using a sewing machine, rather than by hand.
Fabric Headband with Buttons to Make Face Masks More Comfortable on Earsfrom SullivanSteph After receiving a pattern from a nurse, Steph shares her best tips for creating a fabric headband with buttons.
How to Make a Fabric Face Mask: Picture Tutorialfrom Button Counter Since the N95 face masks should be saved for healthcare personnel, we found this great tutorial on how to make a fabric mask for yourself when you go out to the grocery store. The pictures walk you through the instructions step by step in a clear and concise way.
Pre-Made No Slip Headband to Use on Your Face MaskIf you’d rather not make the headband yourself, you can buy a pre-made headband with button from BondiBand. These do not come with face masks. These headbands with buttons can greatly help our healthcare professionals, who work long shifts taking care of us. Save those N95 medical masks for them, and let’s help them in any way we can.
View this post on Instagram
The headbands are soft and comfortable..hoping it reliefs some of the discomfort our health care workers are facing… i should have more available for Friday pick-up. #COVID #homemademask #headbandformasks #stayhome #stopthespread #lowerthecurve #hcwshoutout #firstresponders #helpmakemask #quarantine #brothersew #1millionhearts #nurses #doctors
FOR MORE STUCK AT HOME RESOURCES:
- Join one of your kids’ favorite authors or illustrators for online story time!
- Travel the world from your couch with this list of 40+ virtual field trips.
- A dozen moms shared how they are keeping sane with a schedule for school at home.
- Let kids explore this virtual Hogwarts escape room!
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home!
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Print out some Frozen 2 coloring pages.
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- 5 minute crafts are saving my bacon right now — so easy!
- Impress your “students” with fun facts for kids!
- Make a quarantine time capsule.
- Make bread!
- Use this hand washing trick for kids… it’s baby shark time!
- Check out tips for how to homeschool preschool.