Calling a Sesame St character on the phone is really cool and can make a child’s day.
Sesame Street is known for their methods of reaching young children in difficult times. To comfort and support kids they added a virtual way of playing together called Elmo’s Playdate to share social distancing ideas in a kid friendly format and a second video featuring Elmo’s dad giving parents a pep talk too.
Sesame Street Characters Helping Kids Cope
Now, other favorite Sesame characters are providing PSAs to young children about staying at home, with Oscar the Grouch and Grover leading the way.
Call on the Phone to Talk to Sesame Street Characters
Parents are able to call the provided number and let their kids hear from their favorite characters with tips on how to stay safe at home during the crisis.
Phone Message from Oscar the Grouch
In true Oscar the Grouch fashion, the grumpy Muppet reminds kids that it’s good to stay home and away from people, as Oscar himself loves to do.
Phone Message from Grover on Sesame Street
Grover’s message is more upbeat. He tells kids that it is important to practice self care at home and to keep exercising to keep your body healthy.
Sesame Street Character Phone Number
The messages are part of an outreach from KPCC, public radio in Southern California, and developed as another way to help young children understand what is going on.
You don’t have to live in California to chat with your favorite characters either.
Families can call 626-831-9333 and let their children hear the messages.
MORE FUN THINGS TO DO
- Check out these kids education websites offering free subscriptions.
- Help your kids learn how to make bubbles at home!
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- 5 minute crafts are so fun and easy!
- Coloring is fun! Especially with Easter coloring pages.
- You won’t believe why parents are gluing pennies on shoes.
- Rawr! Here are some of our favorite dinosaur crafts.
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home.
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Have fun coloring our awesome Fortnite coloring pages.
Did your kids call Sesame Street on the phone?