It is time for Easter and that means…Easter treats!! Try getting in the kitchen with your child with recipes like this one that kids can make on their own.
Kids Activities Blog loves sweet treats so we hope you will enjoy these cute Bunny Tails and let us know what you think.
If you are looking for some easy and inexpensive Easter basket stuffers keep reading for the details. This is also a great party favor or class treat for the kiddos that your kids can help you put together.
My son was so excited to help me make these and he was even more excited to taste them. Since it didn’t involve any stove use it’s a recipe he was able to be involved in through the whole process.
Kids Can Make
When we were done making them he kept asking me every 5 minutes, “Are they ready? Can I try one now?” I usually can’t handle more then one bite of fudge because it’s so rich but because of the combinations of sweet and tart in this recipe I must admit I had more than one, well maybe two…
Zesty Lemon Coconut Fudge
- 1/2 cp Cream Cheese (soften)
- 3 cps powdered sugar
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- 1 11 oz package of white chocolate chips or white bark
- lemon zest sprinkle
- nuts and coconut (optional)
1. Beat cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth.
2. Add sugar one cup at a time then add lemon extract and zest.
3. Melt white chocolate in 30 sec intervals until it’s creamy. (make sure it doesn’t scorch) I usually add 1tsp of shortening to it to make it nice and creamy and to avoid scorching.
4. Add chocolate to cream cheese mix. If the cream cheese is not a room temperature the chocolate will slightly solidify. (this happened to me) If this happens just place your bowl inside another bowl of boiling water to make it smooth again.
5. Pour fudge into a 9X9 pan lines with wax paper and let it chill in the fridge.
6. Once it has solidified use your small circle cookie cutters to cut out the bunny tails.
Note: Add coconut and nuts if you would like textured bunny tails. Also, note if you play with the amounts above you may not end up with solidified fudge (believe me, I know).
Putting the packages together you will need:
- ziploc bag
- bunny tails
More Kids Activities
What are your child’s favorite Easter treats? Of course, any treat tastes better when kids can make it by themselves. For more Easter kids activities, follow the bunny trail and find these cute posts: