Unplanned special occasions? If you’re anything like me, then you have occasionally forgotten a birthday. Probably meant to call a friend, but the day got away from you. So, what do you do when your child’s best friend or lovey has a birthday and you forgot to mark it on your calendar? Throw an impromptu birthday party, of course!
Let’s make an EASY Birthday Cake!
As much as my kids and I love baking together, who wants to wait almost an hour to preheat, measure, mix, pour, bake, cool, and frost when the party mood strikes? Not us. Now, you don’t either with our Easy As 3 2 1 Birthday Cake! You just need a few simple ingredients to get started. I can’t believe it’s so simple!
This post contains affiliate links.
Easy As: 3 2 1 Birthday Cake Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this easy birthday cake.
Directions to make this easy cake recipe
For the mix: Combine your angel food cake mix with the cake mix of your choice in a gallon size Ziploc bag. You can also use a food safe storage container. Store in the refrigerator when not in use. This mix will make a lot of cakes!
When you’re ready for cake (not just for birthdays!), combine in a microwave safe mug, small mason jar or a paper treat, 3 tablespoons of the combined cake mix with 2 tablespoons of water.
Microwave for 1 minute. So easy to remember, right?
Allow to cool, then apply frosting, whipped cream or fruit, and voila–cake!
Get out your candles, party hats, or whatever else you have on hand, and party, dance, and enjoy some yummy treats!
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 1 box of any other cake mix (yellow, white, chocolate, strawberry, etc)
- Combine angel food cake mix with the cake mix of your choice in a Ziploc bag or any storage container.
- When you're ready to make an easy cake combine in a microwave safe mug, small mason jar or a paper treat cup 3 tablespoons of the combined cake mix with 2 table spoons of water .
- Microwave it for 1 minute.
- Allow to cool, then apply frosting, whipped cream or fruit, and voila–cake!
You are free to use desired flavor for a cake mix
The inspiration for Easy As 3-2-1 Birthday Cake came from here: http://cake.betterrecipes.com/3-2-1-cake.html
Another Easy cake related recipe
- Check out these Bread for Dummies and immerse yourself to more baking!
- You will love these epic baking hacks!
Did you make the easy birthday cake? What did you think about it? Let us know in the comments below!