The countdown is on for your Thanksgiving dinner! Are you looking for some last minute ideas? Try these 5 Easy Last Minute Thanksgiving Recipes for your family meal!
5 Easy Last Minute Thanksgiving Recipes
This post contains affiliate links.
Even if you have your Thanksgiving menu completely planned out, it’s always good to have a Plan B and backup recipes. Whether a dish is accidentally burned, or a guest with a food allergy arrives, it can’t hurt to have some extra options!
Green Bean Casserole
- Fresh green beans, rinsed and ends trimmed
- A small Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 6 oz French Fried Onions
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 375° degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 casserole dish with butter.
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Next, add the green beans, and boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain the beans, and immediately place them in ice water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large skillet, cook onions until they begin to soften. Then, add garlic and cook for up to a minute more. Sprinkle salt and pepper, to season.
- Next, fold in the flour, and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, and stir to combine. Then, add half and half, and simmer until mixture thickens. This could take up to 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in all green beans.
- Transfer the green beans mixture to the greased casserole dish.
- Top with bread crumbs, and layer the french fried onions on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until it bubbles.
Thanksgiving Cornbread Dressing Recipe
- 2 packages Cornbread Mix
- 1/2 cup Celery, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Onion (small), chopped
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Dried Sage
- Prepare the dry cornbread mix, according to package directions. Cool and crumble.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter, and then saute the celery and onion, until soft.
- Next, in a large bowl, combine the celery, onions, 3 cups of crumbled cornbread, eggs, chicken stock, sage, salt, and pepper, and then mix.
- Pour into a greased baking dish, and bake for 30 minutes.
Homemade Cranberry Sauce Thanksgiving Recipe
- 1 cup Sugar
- A cup of Orange Juice
- 1 12-oz.package of Fresh Cranberries
- In a saucepan, dissolve sugar in the orange juice.
- Stir in cranberries, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the cranberries start to pop.
- Next, remove from heat and transfer into a bowl.
- Serve once it thickens up.
- Package of Spice Cake Mix
- 1 can Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 3 large Eggs
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Icing
- 1/3 cup Water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and then place cupcake liners in a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, and water, using a hand mixer.
- Pour batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, and then and top with icing.
- 1/4 cup Honey
- A can of Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, honey, lemon juice, cinnamon, and cloves in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Then, reduce heat to low, and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until it thickens.
- Serve with biscuits.
Some of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
One of the best things about cooking is that it’s a great excuse to try new kitchen gadgets! Here are some of our must-have items:
- Fresh Baby Ice Cube Trays with lids
- Cuisinart Food Processor
- The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by Jamielyn Nye
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- VillaWare Uno Classic Waffle Maker
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Taco Holder
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Pizza Peel
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)\
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Pizza Stone
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Cuisinart 8-cup Food Processor
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
Thanksgiving Recipes the Whole Family Will Love!
- 5 Delicious Desserts for Your Thanksgiving Dinner
- Thanksgiving Cookies for the Family!
- A Stress-Free Thanksgiving Meal, With Printable Placemats
- 5 Traditional Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- Easy Starters for Your Thanksgiving Dinner
- Thanksgiving Leftovers – 20 Recipes for All That Turkey
What’s your favorite Thanksgiving dish? Comment below!