5 Easy Last-Minute Recipes For Thanksgiving
Need some last-minute Thanksgiving recipes? These last minute Thanksgiving recipes are quick, easy and will save you some time. Whether you need last minute side dishes or a quick dessert, let’s check out some of our favorite easy Thanksgiving recipes that the entire family will love.
Easy Last Minute Thanksgiving Recipes
Even if you have your Thanksgiving menu completely planned out, it’s always good to have a Plan B and backup recipes. Whether a dish is accidentally burned, or a guest with a food allergy arrives, it can’t hurt to have some extra options!
Related: More Thanksgiving recipes for kids
So have these 5 Easy Last-Minute Thanksgiving Recipes saved and ready for quicker options.
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Green Bean Casserole
Green bean casserole is amazing and so simple and quick. It’s creamy, garlicky, full of crunchy onions, oh and there is some green in there too!
Ingredients Needed To Make Green Bean Casserole:
- Fresh green beans, rinsed and ends trimmed
- A small Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 6 oz. French Fried Onions
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
How To Make Green Bean Casserole:
- Preheat the oven to 375° degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 casserole dish with butter.
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Next, add the green beans, and boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain the beans, and immediately place them in ice water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large skillet, cook onions until they begin to soften. Then, add garlic and cook for up to a minute more. Sprinkle salt and pepper, to season.
- Next, fold in the flour, and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, and stir to combine. Then, add half and half, and simmer until mixture thickens. This could take up to 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in all green beans.
- Transfer the green beans mixture to the greased casserole dish.
- Top with bread crumbs, and layer the French fried onions on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until it bubbles.
Related: Thanksgiving appetizer recipes
2. Thanksgiving Cornbread Dressing Recipe
Forget to pick up stuffing mix? No worries! Use your cornbread mix to make a flavorful, herbaceous, dressing!
Ingredients Needed To Make Thanksgiving Cornbread Dressing:
- 2 packages Cornbread Mix
- 1/2 cup Celery, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Onion (small), chopped
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Dried Sage
How To Make Thanksgiving Cornbread Dressing:
- Prepare the dry cornbread mix, according to package directions. Cool and crumble.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter, and then saute the celery and onion, until soft.
- Next, in a large bowl, combine the celery, onions, 3 cups of crumbled cornbread, eggs, chicken stock, sage, salt, and pepper, and then mix.
- Pour into a greased baking dish, and bake for 30 minutes.
3. Homemade Cranberry Sauce Thanksgiving Recipe
Couldn’t get canned cranberry sauce? Make your own! It’s easy, tart, and delicious. Perfect for any Thanksgiving dinner.
Ingredients Needed To Make Cranberry Sauce:
- 1 cup Sugar
- A cup of Orange Juice
- 1 12-oz.package of Fresh Cranberries
How To Make Cranberry Sauce:
- In a saucepan, dissolve sugar in the orange juice.
- Stir in cranberries, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the cranberries start to pop.
- Next, remove from heat and transfer into a bowl.
- Serve once it thickens up.
Related: Make the best turkey sandwich ever
4. Pumpkin Cupcakes
Pie didn’t work out? That’s okay! These pumpkin cupcakes are full of spice, sweetness, and are perfect after a big Thanksgiving Dinner.
Ingredients Needed To Make Pumpkin Cupcakes:
- Package of Spice Cake Mix
- 1 can Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 3 large Eggs
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Icing
- 1/3 cup Water
How To Make Pumpkin Cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and then place cupcake liners in a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, and water, using a hand mixer.
- Pour batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, and then and top with icing.
Related: More Thanksgiving treats that are all themed turkey!
5. Pumpkin Butter
Run out of butter for your rolls of biscuits? I know I go through a lot of butter on Thanksgiving. This is a sweet and delicious alternative!
Ingredients Needed To Make Pumpkin Butter:
- 1/4 cup Honey
- A can of Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cloves
How To Make Pumpkin Butter:
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, honey, lemon juice, cinnamon, and cloves in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Then, reduce heat to low, and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until it thickens.
- Serve with biscuits.
More Thanksgiving Recipes the Whole Family Will Love!
- Never ran out of dessert options with these 5 Delicious Desserts for Your Thanksgiving Dinner!
- You will never go wrong when your serve cookies and these Thanksgiving Cookie recipe is perfect!
- Try some Harry Potter treats this Thanksgiving.
- A Stress-Free Thanksgiving Meal, using Printable Placemats! Adorable, right?!
- 5 Traditional Thanksgiving Side Dishes that is easy to prepare!
- Got leftovers? Worry no more with these Thanksgiving Leftovers – 20 Recipes for All That Turkey.
So which Thanksgiving recipe are you going to try to cook? Let us know in the comments!