We all have a favorite Thanksgiving side dish — mine is dressing! I love dressing and could probably eat it as my meal! There is sure to be a favorite recipe for everyone in these 5 Traditional Thanksgiving Side Dishes!
The Best Thanksgiving Side Dishes
This post contains affiliate links.
- 1 loaf White Bread, sliced
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 4 Stalks Celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Poultry Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- The bread will need to harden, so let sit out, overnight, and then cut it into cubes.
- In a dutch oven, melt the butter. Cook the onions and celery, until soft. Season with poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Next, stir in the bread cubes, and then mix until evenly coated with the butter mixture.
- Add the chicken broth, and then mix again.
- Put in a casserole dish that has been greased with butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees, for 30-40 minutes.
Sweet Potato Casserole
- 4 1/2 cups Sweet Potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup Milk
- A cup of Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- A cup of Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Flour
- A cup of Pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup Butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the sweet potatoes in the oven for at least 1 hour, or until they’re soft, all the way through.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mashed sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup butter, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Next, add the sweet potato mixture to the greased baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the brown sugar and flour.
- Cut in 1/3 cup butter, until the mixture is crumbly. Then, stir in the pecans.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
Green Beans with Pancetta
- Fresh Green Beans
- Pancetta, cut into chunks
- Shallot, chopped
- In a saucepan, cook the pancetta until fully cooked. Then, remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute the green beans and shallots together.
- In a serving bowl, add the green beans and shallots to the pancetta.
Potatoes Gratin in a Cup
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 large Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Cook garlic in the melted butter, for about 1 minute.
- Add flour, and then stir until thick.
- Pour milk into the flour mixture, mixing continuously with a whisk for about 5 minutes.
- Remove and add parmesan cheese into the sauce. Next, season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the potatoes into the muffin cups, and spoon cheese sauce over the potatoes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the potatoes soften.
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- 1 cup Sugar
- A 12 oz. package of Fresh Cranberries
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- First, in a saucepan, dissolve the sugar into the orange juice.
- Stir in the cranberries, and cook them for about 10 minutes, or until the cranberries start to pop.
- Remove from heat, and transfer into a bowl.
- Serve once it thickens.
Some Of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
- Fresh Baby Ice Cube Trays with lids
- Cuisinart Food Processor
- The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by Jamielyn Nye
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- VillaWare Uno Classic Waffle Maker
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Taco Holder
- Pizza Peel
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Pizza Stone
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Cuisinart 8-cup Food Processor
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
How to Celebrate Thanksgiving with Kids
- Woven Thanksgiving Placemats
- 5 Delicious Desserts for Your Thanksgiving Dinner
- 75+ Thanksgiving Crafts & Activities
- Teach Kids Gratitude: Make a Family Thanksgiving Tree
- Thanksgiving Leftovers – 20 Recipes for All That Turkey
- Be Thankful: A Thanksgiving Tradition
- Thanksgiving Placemat (Free Printable)
- 5 Traditional Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- Easy Thanksgiving Appetizers
- 5 Fun, Kid-Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes
- Paper Boat (Easy) Thanksgiving Craft
- 30+ Thanksgiving Activities for 4 Year Olds
What is your favorite Thanksgiving side dish? Comment below!