We all have a favorite Thanksgiving side dish — mine is dressing! I love dressing and could probably eat it as my meal! There is sure to be a favorite recipe for everyone in these 5 Traditional Thanksgiving Side Dishes!
The Best Thanksgiving Side Dishes
Of course, Thanksgiving is one of the best holidays of the year. Make it extra special with these awesome side dishes!
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Easy Thanksgiving Dressing Recipe
Liven up your favorite salad with this awesomely easy dressing recipe.
Ingredients Needed To Make Easy Thanksgiving Dressing:
- 1 loaf White Bread, sliced
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 4 Stalks Celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Poultry Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
How To Make Easy Thanksgiving Dressing:
- The bread will need to harden, so let sit out, overnight, and then cut it into cubes.
- In a dutch oven, melt the butter. Cook the onions and celery, until soft. Season with poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Next, stir in the bread cubes, and then mix until evenly coated with the butter mixture.
- Add the chicken broth, and then mix again.
- Put in a casserole dish that has been greased with butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees, for 30-40 minutes.
2. Tasty Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
You’ll be surprised by how good this sweet potato casserole is. Literally sweet.
Ingredients Needed To Make Sweet Potato Casserole:
- 4 1/2 cups Sweet Potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup Milk
- A cup of Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- A cup of Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Flour
- A cup of Pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup Butter
How To Make Sweet Potato Casserole:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the sweet potatoes in the oven for at least 1 hour, or until they’re soft, all the way through.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mashed sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup butter, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Next, add the sweet potato mixture to the greased baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the brown sugar and flour.
- Cut in 1/3 cup butter, until the mixture is crumbly. Then, stir in the pecans.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
3. Healthy Green Beans with Pancetta Recipe
Impress the guests with these tasty and healthy green beans with a pancetta dish.
Ingredients Needed To Make Green Beans With Pancetta:
- Fresh Green Beans
- Pancetta, cut into chunks
- Shallot, chopped
How To Make Green Beans With Pancetta:
- In a saucepan, cook the pancetta until fully cooked. Then, remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute the green beans and shallots together.
- In a serving bowl, add the green beans and shallots to the pancetta.
4. Easy Potatoes Gratin in a Cup Recipe
Having more side dish options is cool, so here’s another fab recipe you can make: Potatoes Gratin in a Cup!
Ingredients Needed To Make Potatoes Gratin In A Cup:
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 large Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
How To Make Potatoes Gratin In A Cup:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Cook garlic in the melted butter, for about 1 minute.
- Add flour, and then stir until thick.
- Pour milk into the flour mixture, mixing continuously with a whisk for about 5 minutes.
- Remove and add parmesan cheese into the sauce. Next, season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the potatoes into the muffin cups, and spoon cheese sauce over the potatoes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the potatoes soften.
5. Homemade Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Add sweetness to your table with this easy homemade cranberry sauce. Yum!
Ingredients Needed To Make Homemade Cranberry Sauce:
- 1 cup Sugar
- A 12 oz. package of Fresh Cranberries
- 1 cup Orange Juice
How To Make Homemade Cranberry Sauce:
- First, in a saucepan, dissolve the sugar into the orange juice.
- Stir in the cranberries, and cook them for about 10 minutes, or until the cranberries start to pop.
- Remove from heat, and transfer into a bowl.
- Serve once it thickens.
How to Celebrate Thanksgiving with Kids
- Woven Thanksgiving Placemats
- 5 Delicious Desserts for Your Thanksgiving Dinner
- 75+ Thanksgiving Crafts & Activities
- Teach Kids Gratitude: Make a Family Thanksgiving Tree
- Thanksgiving Leftovers – 20 Recipes for All That Turkey
- Be Thankful: A Thanksgiving Tradition
- Thanksgiving Placemat (Free Printable)
- 5 Traditional Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- Easy Thanksgiving Appetizers
- 5 Fun, Kid-Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes
- Paper Boat (Easy) Thanksgiving Craft
- 30+ Thanksgiving Activities for 4 Year Olds
What is your favorite Thanksgiving side dish? Comment below!