Are your kids getting excited for Thanksgiving? If you want to pique their interest in this awesome family holiday, let them help in the kitchen, and make these 5 Fun, Kid-Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes!
5 Fun, Kid-Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes
This post contains affiliate links.
Every year, my daughter helps me prep our Thanksgiving dinner. I love the fun, cozy memories we make, baking and cooking together! It also gives this mama some peace of mind, knowing that if she’s ever stuck on campus for Thanksgiving in college, my daughter will know how to cook a turkey dinner for herself and her friends! Here are some of our favorite kid-friendly Thanksgiving recipes.
Homemade Apple Cider
- In a large saucepan, bring the cider, lemon zest, and spices to a boil.
- Nest, cover and let steep for at least 20 minutes.
- Using a ladle, scoop out the liquid only (leave the solids in the pot).
Turkey Rice Krispie Treats
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 10 oz. bag marshmallows
- 5 cup Rice Krispies Cereal
- Chocolate chips
- Hershey Kisses
- Candy Corn
- First, cook the Rice Krispies treats. Melt butter in a large saucepan, and add marshmallows, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and fold in Rice Krispies, until coated.
- Spread the Rice Krispies mixture on a lined baking sheet and allow to set, up to 30 minutes.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut circles out of the mixture.
- Push an upside down Hershey kiss into the center.
- Using decorating icing, attach the candy corn for feathers ,and chocolate chips for eyes.
Kid-Friendly Veggie Turkey Thanksgiving Recipe
- Red Pepper, cut into slices
- Green Pepper, cut into slices
- Yellow Pepper, cut into slices
- Celery sticks
- Carrot sticks
- Black Olives
- Cucumbers, cut into slices
- Yellow Squash
For the Honey Dipping Sauce:
- First, fan the peppers for the turkey feathers, layering by color (red, green, and then yellow).
- Add the carrot and celery sticks.
- Next, layer with black olives.
- Add cucumber slices
- Then, place the squash as the head of the turkey.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dipping sauce, and serve with the veggie tray.
Fruity Feather Turkey
- Fruit Roll Ups
- Nutter Butter peanut butter sandwich cookies
- Vanilla decorating icing
- Chocolate chips
- Candy Corn
- Unroll the fruit snack, and cut several pieces into a rectangle. Then, cut a scallop shape on one side.
- Separate the cookie, and place the fruit snack into the cookie to make tail feathers. Put the cookie back together.
- You can also cut up the fruit snack into feet, and place at the bottom of the cookie.
- The last step is to use icing to attach the chocolate chips as eyes, and candy corn as the beak.
Kid-Friendly Thanksgiving Cornucopia Recipe
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Dip the top of the cone into the chocolate, and then add sprinkles.
- Place the cone on a non-stick baking sheet and place in refrigerator until the chocolate sets.
- Fill the cone with M&M’s, candy corn, and Thanksgiving candy.
Some of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
These are some of our favorite kitchen must-haves that we just had to share with you:
- Fresh Baby Ice Cube Trays with lids
- Cuisinart Food Processor
- The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by Jamielyn Nye
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Taco Holder
- Pizza Peel
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Pizza Stone
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Cuisinart 8-cup Food Processor
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
More Ways to Celebrate Thanksgiving
- 60 Last Minute Free Thanksgiving Printables
- 5 Traditional Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- Thanksgiving Leftovers – 20 Recipes for All That Turkey
- Easy Last Minute Thanksgiving Recipes
- Be Thankful: A Thanksgiving Tradition
- 30+ Thanksgiving Activities Toddlers Will Love
- 75+ Thanksgiving Crafts & Activities
- Thanksgiving Placemat (Free Printable)
- 5 Fun, Kid-Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes
- Easy Thanksgiving Appetizers
- Paper Boat (Easy) Thanksgiving Craft
What is your child’s favorite Thanksgiving dish? Do they like to help in the kitchen? Comment below!