5 Fun and Kid-Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes!
Don’t fret Thanksgiving and picky eaters with these delicious and simple 5 kid-friendly Thanksgiving recipes that you have to try! If you want to pique their interest in this awesome family Thanksgiving holiday, let kids help in the kitchen. Not only will they be kept busy, but they’ll feel satisfied that they contributed to the big Thanksgiving dinner celebration.
Fun Kid-Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes
Every year, my daughter helps me prep our Thanksgiving dinner. I love the fun, cozy memories we make, baking and cooking together! It also gives this mama some peace of mind, knowing that if she’s ever stuck on campus for Thanksgiving in college, my daughter will know how to cook a turkey dinner for herself and her friends!
Here are some of our favorite kid-friendly Thanksgiving recipes that will allow you to spend even more family time together this Thanksgiving.
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Kid Friendly Thanksgiving Apple Cider Drink Recipe
Looking for a delicious kid-friendly drink for kids for Thanksgiving? This kid-friendly apple cider is perfect! It’s sweet, tart, and full of warming spices. It’s the perfect drink to warm up to on Thanksgiving.
Ingredients Needed To Make Easy Thanksgiving Apple Cider
- 8 cups Apple Cider
- 4 strips Lemon Zest
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 teaspoon Whole Cloves
- Apple Slices
How To Make Easy Thanksgiving Apple Cider Drink
- In a large saucepan add cider, lemon zest, cloves, and cinnamon sticks.
- Bring the cider, lemon zest, and spices to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and let it simmer.
- Cover and let steep for at least 20 minutes.
- Using a ladle, scoop out the liquid only (leave the solids in the pot).
2. Turkey Rice Krispie Treat Dessert Recipe for Thanksgiving
How precious are these Thanksgiving rice Krispie treats? I think they’re just darling, and the best part is, they’re easy to make. Even your kids can help!
They’re buttery, sweet, and have tasty Thanksgiving treats on them like candy corn and Hershey kisses.
Ingredients Needed To Make Turkey Rice Krispie Dessert
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 10 oz. bag marshmallows
- 5 cup Rice Krispies Cereal
- Chocolate chips
- Hershey Kisses
- Candy Corn
How To Make Turkey Rice Krispie Dessert
- First, cook the Rice Krispies treats. Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add marshmallows, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and fold in Rice Krispies until coated.
- Spread the Rice Krispies mixture on a lined baking sheet and allow to set, up to 30 minutes.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut circles out of the mixture.
- Push an upside down Hershey kiss into the center.
- Using decorating icing, attach the candy corn for feathers ,and chocolate chips for eyes.
3. Veggie Turkey Thanksgiving Tray
Snacking before Thanksgiving is a must and this kid-friendly veggie tray is perfect and not just because it is tasty, it is colorful and looks like a turkey!
Ingredients Needed To Make Vegetable Turkey
For Turkey Shaped Tray Vegetable Tray
- Red Pepper, cut into slices
- Green Pepper, cut into slices
- Yellow Pepper, cut into slices
- Celery sticks
- Carrot sticks
- Black Olives
- Cucumbers, cut into slices
- Yellow Squash
For Veggie Turkey Honey Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Yellow Mustard
- 1/4 cup Honey
- Pinch Salt
How To Make Turkey Shaped Veggie Tray for Thanksgiving
- First, fan the peppers for the turkey feathers, layering by color (red, green, and then yellow).
- Add the carrot and celery sticks.
- Next, layer with black olives.
- Add cucumber slices
- Then, place the squash as the head of the turkey.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dipping sauce, and serve with the veggie tray.
4. Kid Friendly Fruity Feather Turkey Dessert Recipe
Looking for a super sweet and simple recipe that kids will love? Then this kid-friendly Thanksgiving recipe is perfect! Nutter Butter cookies with fruit roll-up feathers, chocolate chips, and candy corn, perfectly sweet and fun!
Ingredients Needed To Make Easy Fruit Leather Dessert Turkeys
- Fruit Roll Ups
- Nutter Butter peanut butter sandwich cookies
- Vanilla decorating icing
- Chocolate chips
- Candy Corn
How To Make Kid-Friendly Fruity Feather Turkey Dessert
- Unroll the fruit snack, and cut several pieces into a rectangle. Then, cut a scallop shape on one side.
- Separate the cookie, and place the fruit snack into the cookie to make tail feathers. Put the cookie back together.
- You can also cut up the fruit snack into feet, and place at the bottom of the cookie.
- The last step is to use icing to attach the chocolate chips as eyes, and candy corn as the beak.
5. Kid-Friendly Thanksgiving Cornucopia Dessert Recipe
This Thanksgiving Cornucopia is sweet, crunch, and filled with yummy candy. Oh, and we can’t forget about the chocolate and sprinkle rim.
If you don’t like candy corn, I’m sure you could add different things like skittles, sixlets, or other Thanksgiving candy.
Ingredients Needed To Make Candy Thanksgiving Cornucopia
How To Make Candy Thanksgiving Cornucopia Dessert
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Dip the top of the cone into the chocolate, and then add sprinkles.
- Place the cone on a non-stick baking sheet and place in refrigerator until the chocolate sets.
- Fill the cone with M&M’s, candy corn, and Thanksgiving candy.
More Kid-Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes to munch!
- Surely these 5 Traditional Thanksgiving Side Dishes will satisfy your kid’s cravings.
- Kids will never know thay are actually leftovers when you try these Thanksgiving Leftovers – 20 Recipes for All That Turkey!
- Don’t get them bored on waiting and have these Easy Last Minute Thanksgiving Recipes ready!
- Keep your kids busy and entertained by these Thanksgiving Placemat (Free Printable)
- Of course, don’t forget the desserts! Serve these 5 Delicious Desserts You Must Have At Thanksgiving.
So which kid-friendly Thanksgiving recipe are you going to try first? Let us know how it goes!
How stinkin’ cute are those Fruity Feather Turkeys?! Love those! Thanks for sharing your recipes with us at Merry Monday this week!