Easy Thanksgiving Appetizer Recipes
Looking for easy Thanksgiving appetizers? Something tasty without being too filling? We have the easiest and tastiest Thanksgiving appetizers you have to try. Thanksgiving is a time for family and food and if your family is anything like mine, you will want to have yummy Thanksgiving appetizers for them to snack on while the turkey is in the oven. Not only do these Easy Thanksgiving Appetizers taste great, they really are easy to make.
Quick and Easy Thanksgiving Dinner Appetizer Ideas
Thanksgiving appetizers can really make a difference and set the tone of your Thanksgiving dinner!
These quick Thanksgiving appetizer recipes can be whipped up with ease… and many of the Thanksgiving dinner starters are based on ingredients you might already have in your pantry making them the perfect last-minute Thanksgiving snack solution!
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Apple Cider Mimosas for the Perfect Start to Thanksgiving Dinner
Sweet apple cider, bubbly tart Champagne, the rich flavors of brown sugar, these mimosas are perfect for a Thanksgiving appetizer. The best part is that this pre-Thanksgiving dinner drink can be made kid-friendly — Take out the champagne and add sparkling water or ginger ale! My favorite part of this Thanksgiving dinner appetizer idea are the floating slices!
Ingredients Needed To Make Apple Cider Mimosas:
- 3 oz Apple Cider
- 3 oz Champagne
- Brown Sugar
- Apple Slices
Directions To Make Apple Cider Mimosas:
- First, pour the apple cider and champagne into a champagne flute.
- Next, add a sprinkle of brown sugar and apple slices for garnish.
- Serve immediately.
2. Tasty and Spicy Pumpkin Seeds are the Perfect App Idea!
What a unique Thanksgiving starter! This Thanksgiving appetizer recipe is a little outside of the box, healthy, and absolutely delicious! Spicy pumpkin seeds…yum! This Thanksgiving appetizer is sweet, earthy and spicy. The perfect snack packed with flavor!
Ingredients Needed To Make Tasty and Spicy Pumpkin Seeds:
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 2 cups Pumpkin Seeds, washed and dried
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar (additional)
Directions To Make Tasty and Spicy Pumpkin Seeds:
- Start by preheating the oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or a silpat mat.
- In a large bowl, mix together 3 tablespoons of sugar, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, and cayenne pepper.
- Place the pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet, and spray with cooking spray. Then, add a pinch of salt, to taste.
- Bake the seeds until lightly golden, for about 20 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat, and stir in the toasted pumpkin seeds, along with the additional 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Add the caramelized seeds into the bowl with the sugar-spice mixture. Toss, and then let cool.
3. Caprese Skewers are Light & Yummy Thanksgiving Appetizers
This Thanksgiving appetizer is oh so simple, but one of my favorites and a healthy choice. The sweet and tart flavor of a tomato paired with the sweet taste of mozzarella and the herbaceous flavor of basil is an amazing combination. Seriously, this Thanksgiving appetizer is out of this world.
Ingredients Needed To Make Healthy Caprese Skewers:
- Grape Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Mozzarella Cheese, cubed
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil leaves, chopped
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Ground Black Pepper
Directions To Make Healthy Caprese Skewers:
- In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, olive oil, basil, salt, and pepper together, until well coated.
- Using a toothpick, layer the tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
4. Easy Crab Dip Recipe for Thanksgiving Appetizer Bliss
Y’all, if you’ve never had crab dip, you’re seriously missing out. It’s cheesy, rich, spicy, salty, with delicious crab meat with a nice spray of lemon! It’s so good! It’s hard not to fill up on it before Thanksgiving dinner!
Ingredients Needed To Make Easy Crab Dip:
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- ¾ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 (6 oz) cans Crabmeat, drained and flaked
- Lemon juice
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Mexican Cheese, shredded
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Directions To Make Easy Crab Dip:
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, onion, mayo, crabmeat, garlic powder, a splash of lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Then, spread the mixture into a baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and add Mexican Cheese on top. Return the dish to the oven, and bake until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven and mix.
- Add to a serving bowl, and serve with crackers or bread.
5. Turkey Cheese Ball is Thanksgiving Appetizer GENIUS
Oh my goodness, how cute is this? It’s a little turkey…a delicious turkey that you can eat as an appetizer! This turkey shaped cheese ball is a cute play on a cheese ball and oh so good at Thanksgiving. Who doesn’t have a cheeseball on Thanksgiving? Crackers, veggies, nuts, yum!
Ingredients Needed To Make Creative Turkey Cheese Ball:
For the turkey shaped cheese ball:
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 2 (8 oz.) Cream Cheese packages, softened
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- A package of Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
For the turkey details:
- Pretzel style crackers
- Red Bell pepper for the head/neck
- Black Olives for the eyes
Directions To Make Turkey Cheese Ball:
- Beat together the cream cheese, butter, mustard, garlic, and ranch dressing mix.
- Shape into a ball, and then cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator and place it on a serving dish.
- Use the pretzel-style crackers in the back for the feathers.
- Add pecans for the rest of the feathers on the body.
- Cut the red pepper to create a neck and the head of the turkey.
- Add extra cream cheese for eyes with black olives in the middle.
MORE THANKSGIVING RECIPES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- 5 Traditional Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- Thanksgiving Leftovers – 20 Recipes for All That Turkey
- Easy Last Minute Thanksgiving Recipes
- Thanksgiving Placemat (Free Printable)
- 5 Delicious Desserts For Your Thanksgiving
- 5 Delicious And Kid Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes
Do you serve any Thanksgiving appetizers? Comment below with your family’s favorite Thanksgiving starter dishes!