Thanksgiving is a time for family and food! If your family is anything like my family, you will want to have yummy Thanksgiving appetizers for them to snack on while the turkey is in the oven. These 5 Easy Thanksgiving Appetizers are so easy and delicious!
Quick and Easy Thanksgiving Dinner Starters
Thanksgiving appetizers can really make a difference and set the tone of your Thanksgiving dinner! These quick Thanksgiving appetizer recipes can be whipped up with ease… and many of them are based around ingredients you might already have in your pantry. making them the perfect last-minute Thanksgiving snack solution!
This post contains affiliate links.
Apple Cider Mimosas
- 3 oz Apple Cider
- 3 oz Champagne
- Brown Sugar
- Apple Slices
- First, pour the apple cider and champagne into a champagne flute.
- Next, add a sprinkle of brown sugar and apple slices for garnish.
- Serve immediately.
A Unique Thanksgiving Recipe: Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 2 cups Pumpkin Seeds, washed and dried
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar (additional)
- Start by preheating the oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or a silpat mat.
- In a large bowl, mix together 3 tablespoons of sugar, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, and cayenne pepper.
- Place the pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet, and spray with cooking spray. Then, add a pinch of salt, to taste.
- Bake the seeds until lightly golden, for about 20 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat, and stir in the toasted pumpkin seeds, along with the additional 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Add the caramelized seeds into the bowl with the sugar-spice mixture. Toss, and then let cool.
- Grape Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Mozzarella Cheese, cubed
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil leaves, chopped
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Ground Black Pepper
- In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, olive oil, basil, salt, and pepper together, until well coated.
- Using a toothpick, layer the tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
A Yummy Thanksgiving Dinner Starter: Crab Dip
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- ¾ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 (6 oz) cans Crabmeat, drained and flaked
- Lemon juice
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Mexican Cheese, shredded
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, onion, mayo, crabmeat, garlic powder, a splash of lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Then, spread the mixture into a baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and add Mexican Cheese on top. Return the dish to the oven, and bake until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven and mix.
- Add to a serving bowl, and serve with crackers or bread.
The Cutest Thanksgiving Appetizer: Turkey Cheese Ball
For the cheese ball:
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 2 (8 oz.) Cream Cheese packages, softened
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- A package of Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
For the turkey:
- Beat together the cream cheese, butter, mustard, garlic, and ranch dressing mix.
- Shape into a ball, and then cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator and place it on a serving dish.
- Use the pretzel style crackers in the back for the feathers.
- Add pecans for the rest of the feathers on the body.
- Cut the red pepper to create a neck and the head of the turkey.
- Add extra cream cheese for eyes with black olives in the middle.
Some of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
If you spend a lot of t8me perfecting recipes, you need the tools to do it! Here are some of our must-have kitchen gadgets:
- Fresh Baby Ice Cube Trays with lids
- Cuisinart Food Processor
- The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by Jamielyn Nye
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- VillaWare Uno Classic Waffle Maker
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Taco Holder
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Pizza Peel
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Pizza Stone
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Cuisinart 8-cup Food Processor
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
How Do I Celebrate Thanksgiving with Kids?
- Woven Thanksgiving Placemats
- (Celebrate Together) Thanksgiving Wordhunt
- Teach Kids Gratitude: Make a Family Thanksgiving Tree
- 30+ Thanksgiving Activities Toddlers Will Love
- 5 Easy Last-Minute Thanksgiving Recipes
- Thanksgiving Leftovers – 20 Recipes for All That Turkey
- How to Make a Gratitude Jar
- Thanksgiving Cookies for the Family
Do you serve any Thanksgiving appetizers? Comment below with your family’s favorite Thanksgiving starter dishes!