Looking for easy Thanksgiving appetizers? Something tasty without being too filling? We have the easiest and tastiest Thanksgiving appetizers you have to try!
Thanksgiving is a time for family and food! If your family is anything like my family, you will want to have yummy Thanksgiving appetizers for them to snack on while the turkey is in the oven. These Easy Thanksgiving Appetizers are so easy and delicious!
Quick and Easy Thanksgiving Dinner Starters
Thanksgiving appetizers can really make a difference and set the tone of your Thanksgiving dinner!
These quick Thanksgiving appetizer recipes can be whipped up with ease… and many of them are based on ingredients you might already have in your pantry. making them the perfect last-minute Thanksgiving snack solution!
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Apple Cider Mimosas
Sweet apple cider, bubbly tart Champagne, the rich flavors of brown sugar, these mimosas are perfect for Thanksgiving! The best part is though, you can make this kid-friendly! Take out the champagne and add sparkling water or ginger ale! And don’t forget the apple slices!
Ingredients Needed To Make Apple Cider Mimosas:
- 3 oz Apple Cider
- 3 oz Champagne
- Brown Sugar
- Apple Slices
Directions To Make Apple Cider Mimosas:
- First, pour the apple cider and champagne into a champagne flute.
- Next, add a sprinkle of brown sugar and apple slices for garnish.
- Serve immediately.
2. Tasty and Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
What a unique Thanksgiving starter! This Thanksgiving recipe is a little outside of the box, healthy, and absolutely delicious! Spicy pumpkin seeds, yum! It’s sweet, earthy, and spicy, the perfect snack packed with flavor!
Ingredients Needed To Make Tasty and Spicy Pumpkin Seeds:
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 2 cups Pumpkin Seeds, washed and dried
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar (additional)
Directions To Make Tasty and Spicy Pumpkin Seeds:
- Start by preheating the oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or a silpat mat.
- In a large bowl, mix together 3 tablespoons of sugar, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, and cayenne pepper.
- Place the pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet, and spray with cooking spray. Then, add a pinch of salt, to taste.
- Bake the seeds until lightly golden, for about 20 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat, and stir in the toasted pumpkin seeds, along with the additional 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Add the caramelized seeds into the bowl with the sugar-spice mixture. Toss, and then let cool.
3. Healthy Caprese Skewers
This Thanksgiving appetizer is oh so simple, but one of my favorites! The sweet and tart flavor of a tomato paired with the sweet taste of mozzarella and the herbaceous flavor of basil is an amazing combination. Seriously, it’s out of this world.
Ingredients Needed To Make Healthy Caprese Skewers:
- Grape Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Mozzarella Cheese, cubed
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil leaves, chopped
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Ground Black Pepper
Directions To Make Healthy Caprese Skewers:
- In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, olive oil, basil, salt, and pepper together, until well coated.
- Using a toothpick, layer the tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
4. Easy Crab Dip Recipe
Y’all, if you’ve never had crab dip, you’re seriously missing out. It’s cheesy, rich, spicy, salty, with delicious crab meat with a nice spray of lemon! It’s so good! It’s hard not to fill up on it.
Ingredients Needed To Make Easy Crab Dip:
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- ¾ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 (6 oz) cans Crabmeat, drained and flaked
- Lemon juice
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Mexican Cheese, shredded
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Directions To Make Easy Crab Dip:
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, onion, mayo, crabmeat, garlic powder, a splash of lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Then, spread the mixture into a baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and add Mexican Cheese on top. Return the dish to the oven, and bake until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven and mix.
- Add to a serving bowl, and serve with crackers or bread.
5. Creative Turkey Cheese Ball
Oh my goodness, how cute is this? It’s a little turkey…a delicious turkey! It is a cute play on a cheese ball! Who doesn’t have a cheeseball on Thanksgiving? Crackers, veggies, nuts, yum!
Ingredients Needed To Make Creative Turkey Cheese Ball:
For the cheese ball:
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 2 (8 oz.) Cream Cheese packages, softened
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- A package of Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
For the turkey:
Directions To Make Creative Turkey Cheese Ball:
- Beat together the cream cheese, butter, mustard, garlic, and ranch dressing mix.
- Shape into a ball, and then cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator and place it on a serving dish.
- Use the pretzel-style crackers in the back for the feathers.
- Add pecans for the rest of the feathers on the body.
- Cut the red pepper to create a neck and the head of the turkey.
- Add extra cream cheese for eyes with black olives in the middle.
MORE THANKSGIVING RECIPES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- 5 Traditional Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- Thanksgiving Leftovers – 20 Recipes for All That Turkey
- Easy Last Minute Thanksgiving Recipes
- Thanksgiving Placemat (Free Printable)
- 5 Delicious Desserts For Your Thanksgiving
- 5 Delicious And Kid Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes
Do you serve any Thanksgiving appetizers? Comment below with your family’s favorite Thanksgiving starter dishes!