These favorite Thanksgiving dinner desserts are easy to make and completely delicious which is why they make this list of our top 5 Thankgiving desserts you don’t want to miss. The entire family will enjoy these 5 Delicious Desserts for your Thanksgiving Dinner!
Yummy Desserts you can Make On Thanksgiving
The best part about Thanksgiving is all of the yummy desserts! Pumpkin and pecan pie are not the only desserts to have on Thanksgiving! These delicious desserts are a Thanksgiving must!
Related: Make Thanksgiving placemats for your dinner table
While you are whipping up these delicious Thanksgiving treats, and waiting for them to bake, here are some Thanksgiving activities for the kids:
- Thanksgiving coloring pages
- Thanksgiving activities for kids…even toddlers!
- Thanksgiving printables
- Thanksgiving stories to read together
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Tasty Apple Crisp Recipe
Apple crisp is a classic fall dessert that is so good. Who doesn’t love warm apples and cinnamon with a crunchy topping? To cut the sweetness, I like adding a heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
Ingredients Needed To Make Apple Crisp:
- 1 cup Sugar
- 5 Apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- Half a cup of Water
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 cup Quick-Cooking Oats
- A cup of Flour
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
How To Make Apple Crisp:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13 inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Place the sliced apples in the pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, 1 tablespoon of flour, and the cinnamon together. Then, sprinkle the mixture over the apples.
- Next, pour water evenly over everything.
- In another bowl, combine the oats, 1 cup of flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and melted butter together. Crumble the dry mix over the apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
2. Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
While I’m not a huge pumpkin fan, the rest of my family is and this is one of their favorite Thanksgiving day desserts. You have the best of both worlds with this dessert. Pumpkin pie and cheesecake all in one? Sounds like a win-win!
Ingredients Needed To Make Pumpkin Cheesecake:
- Pre-made 9-inch crust
- 2 packages Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
How To Make Pumpkin Cheesecake:
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, and the heavy cream. Stir on low speed, until fluffy.
- Add the egg, and then blend well.
- Remove 2/3 cup of cheese mixture, and then set aside.
- Add pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice to the mixing bowl, and blend well.
- Pour the pumpkin cheese mixture into the crust, and then spread evenly.
- With a spoon, drop dollops of the reserved cream cheese, and make swirls with a knife.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Remove, and let cool for an hour. Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
3. No-Bake Chocolate Pie Recipe
Now this one is my favorite. Thanksgiving isn’t complete for me without a little chocolate. That is why this no-bake chocolate pie makes the best Thanksgiving dessert…at least to me.
Ingredients Needed To Make No-Bake Chocolate Pie:
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- Box of Chocolate Pudding Mix
- Homemade or store-bought Graham Cracker Crust
- Whipped Cream
- Dark Chocolate
How To Make No-Bake Chocolate Pie:
- Whisk together the milk and chocolate pudding mix until all the clumps are gone. It should start to thicken.
- Then pour the mixture into your pie crust. Make sure to scrape the sides to get all the chocolatey goodness out.
- Put the pie in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
- Add Cool Whip to the top or homemade whipped cream.
- Shave chocolate to the top of whipped cream. It not only tastes good, but makes it look so pretty!
- Serve and enjoy.
This is the easiest and most delicious chocolate pie I have ever had! Did I mention how simple it is? Check out Burnt Macaroni‘s recipe for No-Bake Chocolate Pie and decide for yourself.
4. Handmade Strawberry Vanilla Ice Cream
This is my husband’s favorite Thanksgiving dessert. Strawberries and cream or ice cream is such a classic combination. It’s sweet without being too sweet, but light enough you won’t get a bellyache. I mean, you can, but from 1 serving you won’t.
Ingredients Needed To Make Handmade Strawberry Vanilla Ice Cream:
- 2 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk 14 oz
- Strawberries, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
How To Make Handmade Strawberry Vanilla Ice Cream:
- Take your loaf pan and put it in the freezer and let it get super cold. Best if you leave it in over night.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream with a hand mixer for about 10 minutes until the cream starts thickening. You want a soft peak, but don’t over mix or you’ll get butter.
- Add the condensed milk and vanilla extract and mix again with the hand mixer until you get stiff peaks, again being careful not to overmix. No one wants butter ice cream.
- Fold in the cut up strawberries gently with a spatula.
- Pour into a bread loaf pan and spread it out evenly.
- Put in the freezer overnight.
- Serve and enjoy!
I also like to add other things like dark chocolate pieces!
It doesn’t matter what time of year, we all love ice cream. Burnt Macaroni‘s Handmade Strawberry Vanilla Ice Cream recipe doesn’t even require an ice cream maker!
5. Iced Chocolate in a Mug Recipe
This is such a sweet drink and a perfect Thanksgiving dessert for those who are fearless with calories! Since it is a hot chocolate mix in it, I can’t help but wonder if marshmallow cream would be good on top instead of whipped cream.
Ingredients Needed To Make Iced Chocolate In A Mug:
- 3 cups Ice, crushed
- 2 cups Milk
- 4 packets Hot Chocolate Mix
- Chocolate Sauce
- Whipped Cream
- Organic Cacao Powder, for sprinkling
How To Make Iced Chocolate In A Mug Recipe
- Put ice, milk, and hot chocolate packets into a blender for 1 minute.
- Pour the iced chocolate mixture into a glass.
- Top with chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and cacao powder.
- Serve immediately.
More Thanksgiving Recipes
- 5 Traditional Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- Thanksgiving Leftovers – 20 Recipes for All That Turkey
- Easy Last Minute Thanksgiving Recipes
- Thanksgiving Placemat (Free Printable)
- Easy Thanksgiving Appetizers
- 5 Delicious And Kid Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes
What is your favorite Thanksgiving dessert? Comment below!