You’ve got to see these crazy hair day ideas for school! From unicorns to mermaids to bug-infested grass, we’ve found some of the most creative and craziest ideas out there! The good news is that they are all easy and doable at home with kids of all ages. Let’s have some crazy hair fun…
Easy Crazy Hair Day Ideas for Kids of All Ages
This is one of my favorite days at school. I remember doing this during Red Ribbon week and Homecoming week, and now it is my child’s favorite! We love creating all sorts of wacky hairstyles!
Related: Looking for holiday hair ideas?
So grab some bobby pins, hair clip, pipe cleaners, and maybe even some googly eyes and hair gel to create these fun wacky hairstyles.
Crazy Hair Day Ideas for School
1. Unicorn Hairstyles
I’m in LOVE with this unicorn hairstyle for girls. via Lou Lou Girls
2. Little Mermaid Hairstyle
Color a braid to create this adorable Little Mermaid hairstyle. This is the ultimate mermaid hair! via One Crafty Thing
3. Balloon Pigtails
Attach helium balloons to pigtails for a fun and unique hairstyle. via Pinterest
4. Lalaloopsy Hair
How about some Lalaloopsy hair?! Then they can match their dolls. This is one of my favorite easy crazy hair day ideas. It’s easy, fun, and a simple way to do your daughter’s hair. via Artsy Fartsy Mama
5. Crazy Hairstyles For Boys
Paint hair green and add some fake bugs for a super cool hairstyle that boys will dig. You can even use these for girls that have short hair as well. I’m sure you’ll find the perfect creative hairstyle in this list. via Panda Gossips
6. Rainbow Hair
This twisty rainbow hairstyle even has clouds on the bottom! This is perfect for wacky hair day! You get to add so much hair color! The temporary spray hair paint would be perfect for this. via DIY
Crazy Hair Styles for Girls
Related: Check out our every day easy & cute hairstyles for girls
7. Cupcake Hairstyles
Make crazy cupcake hair from two buns. All you need is some fuzzy colorful pony tail holders and a cupcake liner or two. via Bored Bug
8. Octopus Hair Accessory
Add this super cute octopus accessory to a bun for an adorable crazy hairstyle for girls. via One Creative Mommy
Turn a bun into a doughnut! So cute! via Smart Girls DIY
10. Beehive Hairstyle
Twist braids together to create a beehive hairstyle. So fun! So fun! Some of these crazy hair styles are a pun on traditional or retro hairstyles. I love it. via Family Holiday
Crazy Hair Day Ideas for Girls and Boys
11. Easy Troll Hair
It is easy to make your own troll hair! We have all the details about how to make troll hair to wear to crazy hair day at school. Watch the video tutorial above or check out the article with step by step instructions.
12. Crazy Hair Ideas With Ginger Ale
Pour some ginger ale with this adorable crazy hairstyle. All you need is an empty bottle of Ginger Ale and a plastic cup to do this wacky style. via Instagram
13. Silly Spider Hair
A spider bun is fun for crazy hair day or Halloween! via Simple as That
14. Crazy Ponytail
Use a pipe cleaner to make your son or daughter’s ponytail stick straight up! This gives a new meaning to ponytail. via Babes In Hair Land
15. Butterfly Braid
This butterfly braid is gorgeous and perfect for crazy hair day. via Modern Salon
16. Mr. Potato Head Crazy Hair
Make a face using Mr. Potato Head accessories! So fun! It is a great crazy hair day style via Instagram
17. Basketball Hair Net
Make a “hair net” with actual hair! She essentially has a basketball net on the top of her head. via Pinterest
Crazy Hair Ideas for Boys
18. Creepy Crawly Hairstyles For Boys
Fake spider webs and plastic spiders make for a creepy hairstyle for boys. via Sugar Blossoms
19. Catch A Wave Hairstyle for Your Little Surfer
How cute is this catch-a-wave style?! via DIY
20. Death Star Hairstyle – Let the Battle Begin
Star Wars fan will adore this Death Star hairstyle for boys. via Lou Lou Girls
21. Mohawk Iguana
Turn a mohawk into an iguana — perfect for boys! via Instagram
More School Hair And Activity Ideas from Kids Activities Blog
- These picture day hairstyles are much calmer and easy to get that perfect school picture!
- This hairbow displays are a great way to keep your child’s bows sorted and together.
- Here are 15 adorable first day of school pictures ideas.
- Sometimes gum isn’t very kid friendly. Here is how to get gum out of hair.
- Tired of dripping hair after washing it? This super absorbent hair towel is a life saver.
- Love long hair, but hate the pain that comes with it? Check out these long hair hacks.
- Sometimes styling young children’s hair can be a real challenge. Luckily we have a list of easy toddler hairstyles to make it a breeze.
- And for those days that aren’t “crazy hair” days, check out these simple and easy hairstyles for girls. So pretty.
- Want more activities? Check out these 5 minute crafts for kids.
Which crazy hair day style is your favorite? Tell us in the comment section!