You Can Make A Packing Tape Ghost That Is Creepy Cool
Halloween is such a fun time to make arts and crafts galore, from carving pumpkins to decorating haunted houses. But a packing tape ghost? It takes Halloween crafting to a whole new spooktacular level!
Make a Packing Tape Ghost for Halloween
This creepy, but fun, idea for Halloween decorations was shared by a mom, Stacy Ball Mecham, on Facebook.
Related: DIY Halloween decorations you can make for cheap from the Dollar Store
The process is actually pretty simple, but the result is downright fantastical.
- saran wrap
- packing tape
Also, a mannequin head can help too (unless you’re going for a headless packing tape ghost).
Making Your Ghost Look Life Like
Also helpful: a model to act like a mannequin. In the case of Stacy Ball Mecham, her daughter volunteered to help. I can totally see my kids loving this too — especially if they knew what I was turning them into!
As for the process, simply wrap saran wrap around your model. Then tape it up.
Mecham then shared, of her process: “After it was firm enough, I carefully cut a seam. Wiggled the ghost piece off and taped the seam shut. Pieced it all together with tape and added more tape where it needed more strength.”
Once it’s all taped together, voila, you’ll have a spooky packing tape ghost. And it seriously spooky. I would totally flip if I walked around a corner and found a “ghost” like this!
Mecham isn’t the only one who has made this fantastical Halloween decoration, and all the versions I have seen online have looked super cool — but also super spooky.
More Ghost Forms to Make to Decorate
1. DIY Ghost Bride Halloween Decoration
2. More Packing Tape Ghosts You Can Make
3. Floating Ghost Children
More Halloween Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- More DIY Halloween decorations and easy ideas that you can do, have fun & save money.
- Make your own Halloween grave decorations.
- Check out these pumpkin decorating ideas and the entire family can get involved!
- Play Halloween games together! Many of these Halloween game ideas are created from simple things you already have around the house.
- And oh so many Halloween crafts! Love this so much!
- Make your own Halloween drawings as a Halloween art project to display as Halloween decorations!
- Our easy pumpkin carving stencils printable are fun and easy to use.
- Next time you have a Halloween party or celebration, check out this spooky dry ice drinks idea as Halloween drink for kids.
- We have the best easy Halloween crafts around!
- Oh so many fun Halloween food ideas!
- Super fun Halloween ideas for kids!
- Have you seen this really fun list of Halloween door decorations that you can do for your Halloween front porch?
What do you think: too creepy or totally fun for Halloween? Are you making a packing tape ghost for Halloween?