These easy 3-Ingredient Dinner recipes will save the day when it comes to homemade dinners that are easy to prep, using less ingredients (many of which you might already have)!
Life is busy enough and sometimes you get close to dinner time and have a little panic. I love having these easy and quick dinner recipe ideas with few ingredients for those nights that dinner just did not get planned!
3 Ingredient Dinner Recipes Kids Love
I love sitting down for a hearty family meal! It’s the best way to connect as a family, and I have had some of the best conversations with my kids over dinner, or while working together to cook our meal.
Less Ingredients Means Less Meal Prep
These simple quick easy dinner recipes. Yes, it is easier when a recipe has less ingredients you need to shop for and plan out, but one of the biggest time saving points is that 3 ingredients are much quicker to prep than a long list of ingredients that need to be chopped, browned or melted ahead of time.
This post contains affiliate links.
3-Ingredient Baked Ravioli Recipe
This easy baked ravioli recipe only has three ingredients and tastes like you spent all day in the kitchen. It is something we have regularly at my house because the (only) 3 ingredients can easily be stored for an unexpected guest or overly busy day.
My family loves this baked ravioli recipe because it tastes like a really rich lasagna that has baked all day!
Shopping List – Baked Ravioli Recipe
- 1 bag Frozen Ravioli (20 oz)
- Marinara Sauce, 1 jar
- Italian Cheese Blend (This one has Mozzarella, Smoked Provolone, Mild Cheddar, Asiago, and Romano! So many different cheese in one bag makes this so easy!)
Step by Step Instructions – Baked Ravioli Recipe
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Take 3/4 cup of sauce, and layer it on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Layer the frozen ravioli on top of the sauce. Leave some room, because they will get bigger as they cook.
- Add another layer of sauce, and then half of the cheese. The mozzarella and provolone in the blend melts so nicely!
- Repeat the process one more time.
- Add some more cheese on top. You can even add a little extra grated parmesan on top for even more flavor on top.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Next, remove the foil. Bake another 15 minutes, or until it starts to bubble in the middle.
- Serve hot.
It is unlikely you will have baked ravioli left-overs, but if you do store in the fridge in an airtight container and heat up by the serving on a covered plate in the microwave for 90 seconds.
3-Ingredient Campfire Sausage & Tater Tots Recipe
This delicious recipe is a tater tot version of Campfire Sausage & Potatoes dinner recipe from Burnt Macaroni. My kids like this tater tot version better – Oh the joys of picky kids! Full disclosure, it could be pared down to 3 ingredients, but I have included my 5 ingredient version just in case you want to try that!
If you truly want to stick with 3 ingredients, eliminate the green beans & onion. What I love most about this recipe, is how many ways you can mix it up with ingredients you have around the house!
You can either create these in single serving aluminum foil packs or all together for a family foil pack.
Shopping List – Campfire Sausage & Tater Tots Recipe
- 1 package Turkey Sausage, sliced
- 1 package Tater Tots (28 oz)
- Fresh Green Beans
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, divided
You can flavor this even more, depending on your family’s tastes! I recommend:
Step by Step Instructions – Campfire Sausage & Tater Tots Recipe
- Cut four foil squares – we are going to make one packet for each member of the family (you can make one large one for the entire family).
- In the middle of each foil place 1/4th of the sliced turkey sausage, tater tots, green beans, chopped onion and 1 Tablespoon of butter along with the seasoning of your choice.
- Fold the foil packages.
- Place on grill for 20 minutes or in the oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- To make sure the tater tots get crispy, keep this dish in the oven about 10 minutes longer.
- If you have members of the family that like different spice levels, mark their foil packages ahead of time so you can make those changes for them while cooking.
3 Ingredient Ham & Cheese Roll Ups Recipe
This simple dinner recipe that my kids absolutely love is a quick recipe from Burnt Macaroni. I also like that it is one of the simplest recipes to teach your kids to cook. It’s super easy, and only uses 3 ingredients!
Shopping List – Ham & Cheese Roll Ups Recipe
Step by Step Instructions – Ham & Cheese Roll Ups Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Separate the rolls into individual triangles and place on a baking sheet.
- Add a slice of cheese to the dough that covers about 50% of the dough.
- Add a 1/2 slice of ham.
- Roll the dough, ham and cheese up into a crescent roll shape.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the dough is golden.
We like to serve this simple dinner with hot mustard and ketchup.
3-Ingredient Tomato Tortellini Soup Recipe
I love tortellini soups. I think it is because it just seems hearty and like a whole meal instead of an appetizer like soup often does!
Shopping List – Tomato Tortellini Soup Recipe
Step by Step Instructions – Tomato Tortellini Soup Recipe
- Dump the chicken stock and tomatoes (including liquid) into a pan and heat to a boil.
- Add the tortellini and cook for an additional 5 minutes (or longer if package directions say otherwise).
I like to add fresh basil if I have it on hand.
3-Ingredient Baked Spaghetti Recipe
If you are anything like me, traditional spaghetti has always been my go-to meal when things are super busy and I forget to prep dinner! I like this variation because it is different! AND my kids really love it.
Shopping List – Baked Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 ½ cups Marinara or Pasta Sauce
- 2 cups cheese (Shredded Italian Blend works really well!)
- 1 package Spaghetti
Step by Step Instructions – Baked Spaghetti Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Following the instructions on the box, cook the spaghetti.
- Mix the spaghetti with the sauce, and 1 cup of cheese.
- Place in a 9×13 baking dish, and add remaining cheese to the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is golden.
- Cool and serve.
Time-Saving Tips For Quick Cooking Dinner During the School Week
With some preparation and meal planning, cooking homemade meals during the week can be easier than you think.
I try to grocery shop and meal prep for the week during one weekend day. This includes washing and chopping all veggies needed for each recipe ahead of time, and bagging them up, so that they are ready to go. I also make salads (2-3 days worth), and store them in plastic to-go containers. It’s easier to eat healthy during the week when everything is ready to go in the fridge!
I love my programmable crockpot, too. It’s nice to be able to set the meal up in the crockpot so that it can cook while I am out. Nothing is better than coming home to the smell of dinner cooking, after a long day.
Every week isn’t this organized, but my frozen meals help out during the extra chaotic weeks!
Some of Our Favorite Kitchen Products for Simple Meals
While we love trying out a new recipes, we have the most fun in the kitchen trying new gadgets!
Fast Family Meals Kids Love
- 5 Easy Breakfast Ideas
- 20 Delicious Fall Slow Cooker Recipes
- 5 Easy Homemade Pizza Recipes
- Easy Dinner Ideas
- 5 Healthy, One-Pan Meals for the Entire Week
- Easy Dinner… Really!
- 21 Make-Ahead Dinners
- Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup (Crockpot Recipe)
- 5 Quick and Easy Salad Ideas
What’s your family’s favorite (easy-to-prep) dinner for school nights? Comment below!