These 5 Easy 3-Ingredient Dinner recipes will save the day when it comes to homemade dinners that are easy to prep, using less ingredients (many of which you might already have)!
5 Easy 3-Ingredient Dinner Recipes
This post contains affiliate links.
I love sitting down for a hearty family meal! It’s the best way to connect as a family, and I have had some of the best conversations with my kids over dinner, or while working together to cook our meal. These easy dinner recipes and tips help!
3-Ingredient Baked Ravioli Dinner Recipe
- 1 bag Frozen Ravioli (25 oz)
- Marinara Sauce, 1 jar
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Parmesan Cheese to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Take 3/4 cup of sauce, and layer it on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Layer the frozen ravioli on top of the sauce.
- Add another layer of sauce, and then half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat the process one more time.
- Add some Parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Next, remove the foil. Bake another 15 minutes, or until it starts to bubble in the middle.
- Serve hot.
Campfire Sausage & Potatoes 3-Ingredient Dinner Recipe
What I love most about this recipe, is how many ways you can mix it up. Burnt Macaroni‘s original Campfire Sausage & Potatoes recipe is made with red potatoes and onions. This version is made with tater tots!
Pro Tip: To make sure the tater tots get crispy, keep this dish in the oven about 10 minutes longer.
Ham & Cheese Roll Ups
- 4 slices of Black Forrest Ham, cut in half
- 1-8 oz. can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 4 slices of Cheddar Cheese, cut in half
This recipe from Burnt Macaroni may be one of the simplest recipes to teach your kids to cook. It’s super easy, and only uses 3 ingredients!
Tomato Tortellini Soup 3-Ingredient Dinner Recipe
Head on over to Honey and Birch and the Thirsty Feat for this quick and delicious recipe!
3-Ingredient Baked Spaghetti
- 1 ½ cups Marinara or Pasta Sauce
- 2 cups cheese (Shredded Mozzarella & Shredded Mexican)
- 1 package Thin Spaghetti
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Following the instructions on the box, cook the spaghetti.
- Mix the spaghetti with the sauce, and 1 cup of cheese.
- Place in a 9×13 baking dish, and add remaining cheese to the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is golden.
Time-Saving Tips For Cooking Dinner During the School Week
With some preparation and meal planning, cooking homemade meals during the week can be easier than you think.
I try to grocery shop and meal prep for the week during one weekend day. This includes washing and chopping all veggies needed for each recipe ahead of time, and bagging them up, so that they are ready to go. I also make salads (2-3 days worth), and store them in plastic to-go containers. It’s easier to eat healthy during the week when everything is ready to go in the fridge!
I love my programmable crockpot, too. It’s nice to be able to set the meal up in the crockpot so that it can cook while I am out. Nothing is better than coming home to the smell of dinner cooking, after a long day.
Every week isn’t this organized, but my frozen meals help out during the extra chaotic weeks!
Some of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
While we love trying out a new recipes, we have the most fun in the kitchen trying new gadgets! Here are some of our must-have cooking tools:
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Pizza Peel
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Pizza Stone
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Cuisinart 8-cup Food Processor
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
Family Meal Hacks
- 5 Easy Breakfast Ideas
- 20 Delicious Fall Slow Cooker Recipes
- 5 Easy Homemade Pizza Recipes
- Easy Dinner Ideas
- 5 Healthy, One-Pan Meals for the Entire Week
- Easy Dinner… Really!
- 21 Make-Ahead Dinners
- Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup (Crockpot Recipe)
- 5 Quick and Easy Salad Ideas
What’s your family’s favorite (easy-to-prep) dinner for school nights? Comment below!