What’s a weekend without an Italian dinner, right? Try one of these 5 Traditional Italian Recipes for Dinner Tonight!
5 Traditional Italian Recipes for Dinner Tonight!
This post contains affiliate links.
Easy Garlic Bread
The best compliment to any Italian dish is this Easy Garlic Bread recipe from Burnt Macaroni. It’s super easy, and really yummy!
- 1 pound Seashell pasta
- 1/4 pound Genoa Salami, chopped
- 1/2 pound Asiago Cheese, diced
- 1 6-oz can Black Olives, drained and chopped
- 1 Green Pepper, chopped
- Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 .7-oz package Dry Italian Style Salad dressing mix
- 3/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Follow directions to cook the pasta until al dente (slightly undercooked). Drain and rinse with cool water.
- In a bowl, combine the pasta, salami, Asiago cheese, black olives, green bell pepper, and tomatoes.
- Stir in the Italian Style salad dressing mix, cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, parsley, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over salad, just before serving.
Pasta Salad with Tomatoes and Basil
- 1 box Farfalle pasta
- 3 large Tomatoes, cored, seeded, and cut into slices
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil, shredded
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- Pepper to taste
- In a large pot, cook the pasta in salted water. Follow instructions for al dente pasta (slightly undercooked).
- While pasta is cooking, combine the tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, basil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper, in a large bowl.
- Add drained pasta to the tomato mixture, and then mix.
- Serve immediately.
- 24-25 Jumbo Pasta Shells
- 1 large Egg
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Chives, minced
- Jar of Pasta Sauce
I love all Italian food, but one of my favorites is this Stuffed Shells recipe, from Burnt Macaroni! The creamy cheese mixture would work for other Italian favorites, too.
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a liner.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla, and then combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the egg mixture, until well combined.
- Divide dough. Roll each piece into a rope, and then shape into a loop.
- Place the cookies onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cookies are firm and golden around the edges.
Some Of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
Half the fun of playing in the kitchen is trying out new kitchen gadgets! Here are some of our must-have items:
- Fresh Baby Ice Cube Trays with lids
- Cuisinart Food Processor
- The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by Jamielyn Nye
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- VillaWare Uno Classic Waffle Maker
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Taco Holder
- Pizza Peel
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Pizza Stone
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Cuisinart 8-cup Food Processor
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
Fall and Winter Recipes for the Whole Family
- 5 Fantastic Fall Side Dishes
- 50+ Pumpkin Recipes to Make This Fall
- 20 Delicious Fall Slow Cooker Recipes
- 5 Quick and Easy Fall Apple Recipes
What is your favorite Italian meal? Comment below!