Let’s make an octopus craft out of a paper bag! This super cute kids craft is great for kids of all ages and works well in the classroom or at home.
This Paper Bag Octopus Craft is one of our favorite paper crafts. It is perfect for an ocean lesson plan or a fun inside activity on a hot summer day.
Oh the cuteness of this paper bag craft for kids! This simple kids craft uses just a few supplies that are common around the house or classroom and with the help of little hands can be transformed into this fun octopus craft.
This article contains affiliate links.
Paper Bag Octopus Craft for Kids
Open the paper bag and paint each side pink. We stood our bag up over a plastic bottle to make it easier to paint.
Crumple up scrap paper into a ball. Drop the paper ball inside the bag.
Gather up the bag under the bag and tie a piece of yarn tightly around it to hold the paper ball in the bottom of the bag.
Cut the paper bag into strips. You now have the octopus head and tentacles!
Glue the googly eyes on and draw a smile.
More Octopus Crafts & Fun for Kids
- You can also make an octopus using toilet paper rolls for a fun and easy craft!
- Another paper craft octopus is this how to make a toilet paper tube octopus tutorial which is super adorable!
- Make a hot dog octopus for lunch after crafting all morning!
- Make an octopus craft with kids…preschool, toddlers and older kids will love these octopus crafts!
- Our O is for Octopus craft is adorable!
- Check out this big list of ocean themed activities and crafts for more octopus fun and crafting.
THE BIG BOOK OF KIDS ACTIVITIES
This paper bag octopus craft is one of the featured kids crafts in our newest book, The Big Book of Kids Activities has 500 projects that are the bestest, funnest ever! Written for kids ages 3-12 it is the compilation of bestselling kids activities books perfect for parents, grandparents and babysitters looking for new ways to entertain kids. This paper bag craft is one of over 30 classic crafts that use materials you have on hand that are featured in this book!
Oh! And grab The Big Book of Kids Activities printable play calendar for a year’s worth of playful fun.
More Paper Bag Crafts from Kids Activities Blog
- Make paper bag puppets with this adorable step by step guide.
- Use a paper lunch sack to create a groundhog puppet…will he see his shadow?
- Using large paper bags from the grocery store, you can create this paper coil basket.
- All those extra lunch sacks will come in handy to create this play city craft or paper bag village!
- Make these super cute heart bags with this simple tissue paper heart craft using a paper bag.
How did your paper bag octopus craft turn out? What color did you paint your paper octopus?