Today we have a really fun way to make sure play is included daily in your kids lives, our 12 month printable play calendar. This free download goes really well with our newly launched book, The Big Book of Kids Activities!
The Big Book of Kids Activities
From backyard science experiments, to catapult competitions and melted crayon fabric art, these 500 activities will keep your kids entertained and engaged all year long.
Never again will you hear the all-too-common call of, “I’m bored!” Whether you’re making glow-in-the-dark slime, launching rocket ships, conducting backyard science experiments or playing Family Four Square, there are super fun activities for children aged 3 to 12.
This incredible compilation of bestselling kids’ activities books is perfect for parents, grandparents and babysitters looking for new ways to entertain kids for hours on end. Not only are there great group games and crafts, but there are also dozens of learning games to help kids brush up on reading, writing and math in a fun and engaging way.
With outdoor and indoor activities plus tips for adjusting each one according to your child’s age, you’ll have an almost never-ending supply of activities that will keep your children laughing and learning—no television needed.
This article contains affiliate links to a book that we authored.
You can grab your copy at your local bookstore or library or order online:
- Grab The Big Book of Kids Activities on Amazon
- Grab The Big Book of Kids Activities at Barnes & Noble
- Grab The Big Book of Kids Activities on BAM!
- Grab The Big Book of Kids Activities at Book Depository
- Grab The Big Book of Kids Activities on IndieBound
12 Month Play Calendar to Print
We thought it would be fun to make a calendar that has room for 365 days of play…no matter when you start! With 500 activities in The Big Book of Kids Activities, you could literally do one every single day for the entire year…and still have 135 activities left over!
Or you could sneak those 135 activities into your year of play.
Download & Print The Big Book of Kids Activities Calendar Here
Let’s play today!
To get you started, if you book hasn’t arrived yet…here are a few of the craft ideas similar to what you will find inside the MASSIVE book (although crafts aren’t all you will find inside!):
- Looking for a simple craft? Let’s make paper bag puppets!
- Or let’s upcycle those empty toilet paper & paper towel rolls into a toilet paper roll train.
- One of my favorite easy crafts is to make owls out of cupcake liners!
- Or what about making barnyard animals out of cups? We have the instructions to make a cow, pig and chick out of cups!
- What fun to make popsicle stick caterpillars!
- Let’s craft a paper plate fish bowl.
- Let’s make a calm down bottle perfect for bedtime.
- How colorful is this easy craft? Together let’s make a whole bunch of butterfly suncatchers for the window.
Oh the fun we are going to have this summer! The memories that will be made! The giggles that will be heard!
And no one will ever say, “I’m bored!”