It’s fall, that means creative pumpkin decorating ideas and creative pumpkin crafts! From games to decorations we have it all!
So if you are looking for pumpkin carving and decorating inspirations then you’ll want to check out these 17 Creative Ways to Craft and Decorate Pumpkins!
Fun Ways to Decorate Pumpkins
My preschoolers love to play with and decorate pumpkins. It is our fall family tradition, and it seems we are not alone in that! Decorating pumpkins is such a fun kids activity, so let your kids use their creativity with these decorate pumpkin ideas. (This post contains affiliate links.)
Easy Pumpkin Crafts for Kids
Paper Pumpkin Craft Tutorial
Learn how to make a Crepe Paper Pumpkin with this cool tutorial!
Paper Pumpkin Crafts
Here’s a great craft that allows you to Upcycle an Old Book Into a Pumpkin.
Unique Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
Embellish pumpkins with these No-Carve Pumpkin Decorating Tips by TinkerLab.
Halloween Pumpkin Crafts for Kids
Crazy Pumpkin Painting Ideas
Painting Pumpkins is a fun way to decorate that is perfect for when you might not have the time needed to carve! Check out La La’s Daycare for tons of ideas!
Cinnamon Felt Pumpkin Ornaments
DIY Cinnamon Stick and Felt Pumpkin Ornaments aren’t just fun to make, they also make the house smell amazing!
Help your kids Tell a Story with Your Pumpkins with this craft from Mermaids Making.
Pumpkin Paper Craft Template
Check out this Mini Pumpkin Printable Craft!
Pumpkin Handprint Craft
This Salt Dough Pumpkin Handprint Keepsake is a wonderful gift to give!
Pumpkin Activities for Kids
Pumpkin Cup Game
This DIY Pumpkin Cup Stacking Game is a great pumpkin activity for younger kids.
Paper Plate Pumpkin Craft
Easy Paper Plate Feelings Pumpkins are great for helping kids expressing their emotions.
No Carve Pumpkin Ideas
We are loving Fireflies and Mudpies No-Carve Nature Pumpkins! Decorate with natural pieces from your own yard, like leaves, twigs, acorns, and pinecones.
Cardboard Pumpkin Craft
Turn that empty Cereal Box Into a Pumpkin!
Teach Preschool‘s Pumpkin Exploration Cups are so fun to make, and play with!
The Best Pumpkin Carving and Decorating Tools
I don’t know about you, but I feel overwhelmed when I walk through the aisles of Halloween decorations and pumpkin carving supplies! Here are some of our favorite items that have worked well over the years.
Pumpkin carving is tough if you don’t have a good pumpkin carving knife. We especially love this one for the difficult cuts, like eyes and teeth! One of these pumpkin carving sets is nice, too because it comes with everything you need! It even comes with a carrying bag, for storage.
When I was a kid, we used to place tea lights inside our jack-o-lanterns. This isn’t the safest lighting method, though. Luckily, there are better options now! You can use basic battery-operated tea lights, but I prefer using these pumpkin lights, because they are brighter. They also come with a remote control!
We are so excited to try these fun pumpkin teeth this year! Carving teeth is the bane of my Halloween existence, so these should save the day!
More Halloween Fun From Kids Activities Blog!
- You’ll love these no carve pumpkin decorating kits!
- Find out what the teal pumpkins meaning is! It’s amazing.
- Why are reese’s pumpkins are the best?
- These pumpkin bars are delicious!
- Who else will be making a pumpkin patch treat this year?
- This adorable pumpkin door hanger is super easy to make.
- Impress your friends and family with this amazing pumpkin dessert.
- These pumpkin treats for kids are our all-time favorite!
- This easy pumpkin playdough recipe is a fun fall craft your kids will love.
- Don’t want to wait in line for coffee? Make your own pumpkin spice frappuccino at home.
- Make your jack-o-lantern more frightening with pumpkin teeth.
- These no carve pumpkin ideas for toddlers makes pumpkin decorating safe.
- This pumpkin handprint keepsake will let you keep your little one’s tiny hand forever!
- Take a moment to enjoy this pumpkin treat!
- We have plenty of fall craft ideas with cinnamon sticks to make your house smell amazing!
What is your family’s favorite Halloween activity? Comment below!