Make a little paper jack-o-lantern craft with this free pumpkin printable paper craft. Kids can cut, glue and build a whole set of these pumpkin blocks, mixing and matching the faces or drawing their own. This pumpkin paper craft is great for at home or in the classroom.
Pumpkin Printable Paper Craft for Kids
This little paper craft project comes with 3 extra faces you can use on the block or as stand alone pieces for Halloween and pumpkin play.
Related: More pumpkin crafts for kids
Not only does it make super cute decor or one of our many Halloween crafts, but it also makes a good gift box or treat box!
*I used paper in the examples I made, but I recommend using a thicker paper or card stock for a more sturdy pumpkin that the kids can play with longer.
Download Pumpkin Template for Craft here
Directions to Fold Jack-O-Lantern Craft
Download and print the project sheet.
Cut out all the pieces.
Fold the box and glue the side together. Optionally, glue the bottom and top in place.
To make the stem, cut along lines as directed on the printable page. Roll the stem paper into a tube and glue in place. Fold the fringe piece and apply glue to the bottom side, place on top of the pumpkin block to adhere.
Mini Pumpkin Ideas
- The block pattern can also be used as a little treat box – Make sure to glue the side and bottom together but leave the top un-glued so that you can open it and fill with whatever treats you’d like.
- You could easily make some of these mini pumpkin printables and fill them up with Halloween treats and leave them on a decorated table.
- This project is great for scissor and paper construction practice. You might need to help with the cutting and then encourage your child to help fold and glue the box together.
- You can make piles of these little paper pumpkins, just print out multiple copies of the pumpkin printable.
- Pumpkin printable
- White Paper or cardstock (the printable prints orange)
- Download and print the project sheet.
- Cut out all the pieces.
- Fold the box and glue the side together. Optionally, glue the bottom and top in place.
- To make the stem, cut along lines as directed on the printable page. Roll the stem paper into a tube and glue in place. Fold the fringe piece and apply glue to the bottom side, place on top of the pumpkin block to adhere.
Fun Halloween Activities From Kids Activities Blog
- Check out this massive list of over 100 Halloween arts and crafts for kids and adults…
- One of my very favorite Halloween spider craft ideas is these super fun bouncing spiders made out of an egg carton.
- This mini haunted house craft is super fun to make together.
- Kids can make a Halloween night light from things they find in the recycling bin!
- Check out all these bat craft ideas that are the perfect bat crafts for preschool and beyond.
- Check out these kid favorite Halloween math activities…many of them start as Halloween crafts.
- We absolutely love Halloween games even if you aren’t throwing a party…
- Oh so many more Halloween crafts for kids…
- Make them, give them as boo treats or have fun playing a stacking game. If you like this pumpkin craft, you might also like pumpkin rock painting, they are so cute!
- Not a pumpkin fan? Then try out this bat preschool craft or these bottle cap crafts to make creepy crawly spiders!
How did your mini pumpkin design turn out? Did your kids enjoy using the printable pumpkin template for this easy jack o lantern craft?