It’s pumpkin season and that means wonderful treats featuring this fall staple! One recipe you have to try is this Pumpkin Bars recipe. It has the flavor of pumpkin with the consistency of a cake. It’s the perfect sweet treat!
One thing that is different about this recipe than a traditional cake is that it takes longer to bake. And you want to make sure it’s cooked all the way through.
Here’s the full recipe;
- 1 can Pumpkin (15 oz)
- 1 can Evaporated Milk (12 oz)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 package Yellow Cake Mix
- 3/4 cup Butter, melted
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl, beat pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, & pumpkin pie spice until smooth
- Pour into a lined baking dish (13×9)
- Sprinkle with the cake mix and drizzle with the melted butter
- Bake for 1 hour to 1:10 or until the center comes out clean with a toothpick
- Let cool
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream
You can also serve this warm with a little vanilla ice cream! Yum!