We’re crafting up a storm over here, while we are stuck inside the house, and these paper lantern hacks are like nothing we have seen before.
These floating spheres make for beautiful room decorations and there are so many cute ways to use them. They’re available in a variety of colors and sizes, so you can even make a several of the same craft for more fun.
Make eyes, heart shaped puckered lips, and fins, and add different colored lanterns for the prettiest floating fish.
Continue the under the sea theme, compress the lanterns slightly, and add streamers and ribbons to the bottom to make hanging jellyfish.
These purple lanterns turned into octopi are just adorable. Cut outs of legs and tentacles and eyes are all it takes.
More paper accents easily turn paper lanterns into owls, just add eyes, a beak, and wings. Wouldn’t they perfect in a woodland themed nursery or bedroom?
Red and yellow accents on black lanterns make simple Mickey Mouse shaped heads. Just cut circles for ears and Mickey shaped oval buttons.
Or mix and match red and black lanterns together and add yellow shoes for a Mickey Mouse silhouette.
Black and white construction paper to make goggles and eyeballs, paired with yellow paper lanterns, make the cutest Minions! They’d be perfect for a Minion themed birthday party too.
Instead of suspending the the paper lanterns from the ceiling, attach them to baskets with thin dowels to turn them into hot air balloons. Or use string and the baskets will hang for floating balloons.
MORE FUN THINGS TO DO WHILE YOU’RE STUCK AT HOME:
- Check out these kids education websites offering free subscriptions.
- Help your kids learn how to make bubbles at home!
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- 5 minute crafts are so fun and easy!
- Coloring is fun! Especially with Easter coloring pages.
- You won’t believe why parents are gluing pennies on shoes.
- Rawr! Here are some of our favorite dinosaur crafts.
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home.
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Have fun coloring our awesome Fortnite coloring pages.