30+ Cute & Clever Popsicle Stick Crafts for Kids
We have the best Popsicle stick crafts guaranteed to bring oodles of fun to kids of all ages. A bag of craft sticks can keep kids creating for hours and is incredibly inexpensive. These popsicle stick craft ideas are great for home, camp, church or in the classroom!
Affiliate links used in this article.
Popsicle Stick Crafts for Kids
We always have a bag of craft sticks at home for those afternoons of boredom!
Related: Activities with popsicle sticks
You can play games with them like these popsicle stick games or craft them into amazing popsicle stick art and more.
Popsicle Stick Crafts Kids Love
1. Make craft stick puppets
Turn family photos into fun moveable craft stick puppets with this craft from MollyMooCrafts.
2. Craft a popsicle stick wreath
Decorate your front door with this color-popping craft stick wreath from Babbledabbledo! I want to try dip dying sticks right now!
3. DIY small world craft stick play
We just ADORE this gorgeous Farm Small World with Barn popsicle stick play world by Heather at Crayon Box Chronicles!
4. Learn to count with popsicle sticks
Powerful Mothering‘s fine motor skills project is also a fun color sorting activity that practices how to count to 20 little hedgehog.
5. Make Popsicle Stick Dolls
I’ve never witnessed my daughter so engaged, bordering on fanatic, about a craft as she was with these Craft Stick Dolls from Molly Moo Crafts!
6. Popsicle stick art project
How sweet is this bright and cheerful handprint flower garden craft with popsicle stick stems from Fun Handprint Art?
7. Craft stick Scooby Doo craft
Scooby Doo popsicle stick dolls are such a great color mixing activity for learning primary and secondary colors through fun character rich crafting.
8. DIY weaving loom made of popsicle sticks
Buggy and Buddy‘s homemade weaving looms made with popsicle sticks are so pretty!
9. Make a Craft stick fairy door!
Invite some fairy magic into your home by making and hanging fairy doors! How sweet is this popsicle stick fairy door by Danya Banya?
10. Make Popsicle stick bracelets
Molly Moo Crafts‘ Craft Stick Bracelets are fabulously detailed! Check out her photo tutorial on how to curve craft sticks to make pretty bracelets.
11. Easy Craft stick kitty craft
This is the cutest little craft stick kitty, from Mama Smiles, to accompany story time!
12. DIY Play mat with craft sticks
Let’s Do Something Crafty‘s Popsicle Stick Play Mat is such a smart idea for breathing new life into toys that haven’t been played with for a while.
13. Make craft stick Christmas ornaments
These popsicle stick ornaments are soooo cute! They are also really easy to make and turn out so cute on your tree.
14. Make popsicle stick animals
With Crafts By Amanda‘s Barnyard Farm Animals you can use you imagination to make any animal!
15. DIY Word spacers
Make word spacers out of popsicle sticks with this great idea from Therapy Fun Zone!
16. Popsicle stick abacus craft
Make an Abacus with popsicle sticks and beads!
17. Craft photo frames from popsicle sticks
Make Classic craft stick frames for the kids’ favorite family, pet and playdate photos!
18. Make mom happy with craft sticks
How sweet is Crafty Morning’s Home is Where Mom Is Popsicle Stick Mother’s Day Craft?
19. DIY craft stick plane
Build Your Own Glider with this clever craft idea by a 6yr old boy, inspired to create by his mom, Aysh on Jeddah Mom.
20. Popsicle Stick frog craft
This adorable frog craft uses craft sticks to make the curious frog. I love the way this turns out even when little fingers do all the work.
21. Toddler Popsicle stick craft
Your toddler will absolutely love making Sticker Picture Frames! This project from Simple Play Ideas is so easy to set up, and a great rainy day activity or playdate project!
22. Create a craft stick alphabet garden
Buggy and Buddy‘s Alphabet Flower Garden is a perfectly pretty project for children to learn individual literacy skills through play!
23. Popsicle stick bookmarks craft
DIY Craft Stick Bookmarks make for a lovely activity for encouraging young readers and gifts for best friends. Check out the tutorial on Molly Moo Crafts.
24. DIY craft stick puzzles
Pequeocio‘s Popsicle Stick Puzzles are fun to make, fun to paint, and fun to play with!
25. Craft popsicle stick oars
You just can’t beat a super simple paper boat craft with popsicle stick oars!
26. DIY building toy using popsicle sticks
Keep the kids busy while encouraging and building upon creative use and learning with Powerful Mothering‘s Velcro Dot Craft Stick Popsicle Stick Projects!
27. Craft Stick Flags
Make this really cute American flag craft made out of popsicle sticks. It is easy and a lot of fun year round.
28. Popsicle stick play fences
Time to building Popsicle Stick Fences for small world farm play! Grab the little animals and get playing with this great tutorial from Powerful Mothering.
29. Craft your initials with popsicle sticks
Creative Family Fun’s Craft Stick Initial Plaque is perfect for bed room doors and playrooms!
30. Popsicle train fun
Craft sticks are perfect for making train tracks for small world pretend model train play. See the magic on Play Trains!
What is the difference between a popsicle stick and a craft stick?
Traditionally popsicle sticks have been used for making popsicles (check out our list of over 50 popsicle recipes kids love) which means that after you eat the popsicle, you clean the popsicle stick! Well, when it came to creating popsicle stick crafts, the thought of eating that many popsicles might be a problem.
So, the craft stick was born.
Where to Buy Craft STicks
Craft sticks are sold in bulk and in different sizes and lengths making crafting much easier (and with less calories!). Here are a few of my favorite craft sticks:
- This package of 6″ Jumbo Wooden Craft Sticks has 100 count. The larger size feels almost like tongue depressor size.
- With 200 pieces, this 4.5″ Craft Stick pack is a great deal. These are what would be considered regular sized popsicle sticks.
- If you are buying craft sticks for a large group like a classroom or have a really large project in mind, then check out this 1000 count pack of regular size craft sticks.
- I really love these rainbow colored craft sticks. They are the 4.5″ length and come in a pack of 200 for very colorful crafts!
Even More Popsicle Stick Crafts
- Easy Yarn-Wrapped Caterpillar Craft Sticks
- Make Bracelets From Craft Sticks
- Easy Fairy Wand Craft
- Popsicle stick scarecrow and more perfect for fall
- Make a sun mosaic from popsicle sticks
- Make super cute craft stick tigers
- Learn how to bend craft sticks to make these cute bracelets!
- And then make a popsicle craft out of popsicle sticks
- Even more really simple and fun popsicle crafts for kids of all ages…even preschoolers.
What is your favorite craft stick craft to make with your child? Comment below!
Engaging kids in such activities brings out their creativity in a full zeal and hence helps the parents and teachers to make their kids learn in an easy way.
I’m looking for the craft magazines showing icy pole stick items, how to make them.