Looking for what a teacher might need? We have a list of teacher must haves that is perfect for teacher gift giving, classroom set up and anytime teachers need a fresh new start! Whether it’s the start of school, teacher appreciation week, or a holiday like Christmas, these items are what every teacher needs!
TEacher Accessories & Items
Here is a list of things of school supplies and teacher supplies that are commonly needed whether you are teaching in person or a virtual classroom. Let’s look at all the cool teacher school supplies!
Related: Teacher gift ideas
Have I mentioned I love school supplies?
This post contains affiliate links.
CLASSROOM SUPPLIES FOR TEACHERS
1. Dry Erase Markers for the Teacher
Pack of Dry Erase Markers – Or more like TEN packs! The supply closet never has enough and you will want to start the year out with a fresh stash!
2. Hand Pointers Come in Handy
Hand Pointers – They are fun! Be sure to label them so they do not walk off.
3. Giant Dice for the Win
Giant Roll Dice – I used these with test prep. Write the questions on the dice. Roll and answer. You can use them with prompts too!
4. Magnetic Pocket Pouches are a Teachers Best Friend
Magnetic Pocket Pouches – Stick these to the board, the back of your door, or to the sides of desks. They are great for odds and ends.
5. Teacher Desk Caddy
Desk Caddies – Do your kids work in groups or teams? These stacking caddies are a good way to portion resources to a group.
6. Toss a Pom Pom
Large Pom-Poms – Toss pom-poms to kids in a pop quiz. Ask them a question. The person who receives the ball, answers and then passes it back.
TEACHER HACKS AND ORGANIZATION IDEAS
- Hand Sanitizer – This is genius! Using hand sanitizer bottles as restroom passes! Your students’ hands will be clean when they return from the restroom.
- Pom-Poms – Glue a pom-pom to the lids of your dry erase markers – you won’t have to hunt for an eraser again! (It works great for students, too!)
- Plastic File Crates – Need some instant storage in your classroom? Purchase some plastic file crates and zip tie them together to create a cubby wall, perfect for backpacks and lunches or as a place to keep papers that need to go home.
- Toilet Paper Tubes – Reuse toilet paper tubes and create a handy way to display worksheets so your students can just grab them as needed.
More Genius Teacher Ideas
- Ribbon Bookmarks – Tape a piece of ribbon to the inside back cover of each child’s notebook. That way, she can quickly and easily find her spot next time she uses the notebook. via Miss Giraffe’s Class.
- Hanging Shoe Organizer – Use the space on the back of your door to store classroom supplies!
- Busy Bags – Hang busy bags (independent learning bags) from a towel rack using just binder clips and binder rings. I love how all the pieces stay together, and the students can easily access them. via Small Potatoes
MORE THINGS TEACHERS NEED
7. Echo Dot
10. Conversation Cubes Help Teachers
Conversation Cubes – These are fun to use in the classroom, especially at the beginning of the school year. They are a great way to help students get to know one another and form friendships. via Teacher Funder
11. Yay for Duct Tape
VIRTUAL TEACHING SUPPLIES
12. Folding White Board
DIY Folding White Board – Need an inexpensive, portable whiteboard that you can use to teach anywhere? You can easily make this tri-fold whiteboard in fifteen minutes – for just $15!
13. Mini White Board for Teacher
Mini Whiteboard – If you don’t want to make your own whiteboard, this mini whiteboard is perfect for teaching online. Virtual teachers have found that students have an easier time seeing this small board that can be held up in front of a webcam versus a bigger wall-hanging board that’s further away. via We Are Teachers
14. Digital Rewards for Students
Digital Rewards -Some virtual teachers reward their students for class participation by sending digital rewards through Class Dojo. Another way to reward students is to send small items like stickers, erasers, or sticky hands in the mail, along with a note or reward card. via Elementary Antics
15. Teacher Webcam
Webcam – A good webcam is essential for teaching online. If your laptop or personal computer already has a decent webcam, you might still consider purchasing one to show books or model writing. via Elementary Antics
16. Noise Canceling Headphones
Noise-canceling Headphones – These headphones will allow you to hear your students, despite any distractions around you. Also, this pair comes with a built-in microphone, so your students will be able to hear everything you say. via We Are Teachers
17. Magnetic Pocket Chart for Teacher
Magnetic Pocket Chart – Pocket charts are so useful for teachers at the primary level. They make a colorful background for videos, and you can use them to display vocabulary, flashcards, visuals, or math fact cards. via Teacher Funder
Classroom Teachers: What supplies would you add to this list?
Please comment below!
CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME IDEAS:
- Check out these LEGO organizer ideas!
- Try these easy cookie recipes with few ingredients.
- Make this homemade bubble solution.
- Your kids will love these pranks for kids.
- Check out these fun duct tape crafts.
- Make galaxy slime!
- Play these indoor games.
- Spread joy with these fun facts to share.
- Handprint art will give you all the feels.
- Make reading even more fun with this PB kids summer reading challenge.
- Love these fun games for girls (and boys!)
- Learn and play with these science games for kids.
- Enjoy these simple tissue paper crafts.
- These fun Halloween games bring the party!
- We adore teachers and have a ton of teacher appreciation week ideas that you can use all year long!
What is the best gift for teacher?