200+ Distance Learning Resources and Virtual Online Tutorials
We are all trying to figure out the online world of distance and remote learning. Where is that Zoom link? How do I log in to SeeSaw? What the heck is Google Classroom?
I don't know about you, but I'm super overwhelmed by all of these online learning platforms and the idea of how classes will look once school starts.
We know this can be daunting for parents, students and educators. There are so many different virtual tools, online education resources, and software learning programs to figure out.
But don't worry because we found the complete list of Digital Learning Resources and Virtual Online Tutorials to help make remote education and virtual teaching easier for everyone involved.
Student and Parent Tutorials for Google Apps
This online guide has everything you need to know as a parent (or student!) to figure out how to use Google Chrome, Google Drive, Google Slides, Google Sheets, Google Doc, Google Drawing, Google Classroom, Jamboard, Meet, Google Sites, and Keep.
We've already shared some info on Google classroom for parents, but this guide goes into much more detail.
It opens as a spreadsheet in Google and is separated by different apps. The guides were written by educators and influencers who use these learning platforms on a daily basis. Some of the tutorials are videos, animated gifs, and even interactive Google slides!
Educator and Teacher Tutorials for Google Apps
Here's another great resource -- this time for educators -- with tons of tips, tricks, trouble-shooting guides, and more for Google Chrome, Google Drive, Google Slides, Google Sheets, Google Doc, Google Drawing, Google Classroom, Jamboard, Meet, Google Sites, and Keep.
Even More Digital Learning Platform Tips for Students
The best part about this spreadsheet of online software resources is that if you click the "Other Apps" tab, you'll learn even more about how to use Seesaw, Schoology, Flip Grid, and Book Creator.
Virtual Learning Tutorials for Teachers and Educators
Click here for tutorials on how teachers can use Seesaw, Schoology, Flip Grid, Book Creator, and Flippity.
Distance Learning Tips and Tricks
It's important to engage students when they are learning through an online platform. Here are some of our favorite virtual learning resources:
- These education companies offering free subscriptions are a great way to add fun lessons, games, and tutorials to your child's daily school work.
- Free virtual field trips for kids make it easy to image they aren't stuck at home during virtual learning.
- Put down the devices with our favorite screen free activities.
- Here's a list of online teaching supplies for educators.
- Virtual train rides are another fun way to take students on a digital trip.
- Here are more than 150 alphabet activities to teach kids how to read.
- Try a digital escape room for a fun activity.
- Zoom backgrounds for kids let students show their personality with online learning.
- Got little ones? Here's how to homeschool preschool.
- Here are some learning worksheets if students need to step away from the screen for a while.
- Try these elementary school activities to keep things interesting.