We are making gorgeous coffee filter flowers today. This coffee filter rose craft is super easy to make and only requires 4 items — supplies you probably have on hand. This coffee filter rose craft is perfect for kids of all ages that you can make these at home or in the classroom. It is one of our favorite kids crafts because it makes the prettiest flowers.
How To Make Coffee Filter Flowers
This coffee filter rose is super cute and the coolest coffee filter flowers craft. You can paint your roses any colors you want which is a fun color lesson for younger kids. Plus making coffee filter flowers is great fine motor skill practice.
Related: How to make paper roses
You can even make a bunch of coffee filter flowers for a beautiful bouquet to decorate your house or give them to someone as a gift. Add a little essential oil, and now your coffee filter roses smell amazing!
This post contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed For Coffee Filter Crafts Roses
Directions To Make Coffee Filter Flowers
Watch Our Quick Video Tutorial on How To Make Coffee Filter Roses
Separate one coffee filter for painting
Set out watercolors with a large, soft brush (these have been the easiest to use without ripping the coffee filters in my experience)
Paint and dry the artwork
Note: put something underneath the coffee filter because the watercolors leak through as you paint!
Once the coffee filters have dried, you can start turning them into coffee filter roses!
You will cut the coffee filter into a swirl.
Related: Make a paper plate flower craft
Then roll up the coffee filter and either glue the end or tape it.
Our Experience with This Coffee Filter Rose Craft
Since my preschooler loves to paint, we wanted to come up with a way to paint and to make more roses.
So, we grabbed some coffee filters.
I love using coffee filters as a canvas for watercolors because the colors spread and mix together as you paint. The blending of the vibrant colors are what make these roses such a special coffee filter craft.
I adore coffee filter crafts.
I don’t brew any coffee at home, but I somehow always have an excess of coffee filters. The good news is that having them has inspired lots of coffee filter crafts.
More Coffee Filter Crafts From Kids Activities Blog:
- After you’ve finished making making your roses, turn them into a bouquet and dive into some more coffee filter crafts!
- Check out these coffee filter bugs and flowers.
- Some of these preschool flower crafts also use coffee filters.
- You can make a turkey out of a coffee filter and a salad spinner.
- Coffee filters
- Watercolor paints
- (Optional)Wooden stir stick, pipe cleaner or other for stem
- Glue or Tape
- Using watercolor paints, paint the plain coffee filters desired colors and combination of colors and let dry.
- Using scissors, cut the coffee filter into a spiral swirl.
- Start at one end and roll the cut swirl into a bud keeping one side tight that is the base of the rose flower.
- Glue the base of the flower or tape it to secure the petals in place. Attach to a stem: pipe cleaner, stir stick or anything else that works!
THE BIG BOOK OF KIDS ACTIVITIES
This toilet paper roll train craft is one of the featured kids crafts in our newest book, The Big Book of Kids Activities has 500 projects that are the bestest, funnest ever! Written for kids ages 3-12 it is the compilation of bestselling kids activities books perfect for parents, grandparents and babysitters looking for new ways to entertain kids. This toilet paper roll craft is one of over 30 classic crafts that use materials you have on hand that are featured in this book!
Oh! And grab The Big Book of Kids Activities printable play calendar for a year’s worth of playful fun.
More Flower Crafts from Kids Activities Blog
- Looking for more flower crafts? We have plenty! These are perfect for bigger and smaller kids.
- Kids can learn how to draw a flower easy!
- These flower coloring pages are the perfect foundation for more flower arts and crafts.
- Pipe cleaners are a great crafting tool for preschoolers. But did you know you could use pipe cleaners to make flowers?
- Grab this flower template and print it out! You can color it, cut the pieces out, and make your own flower with it.
- Cupcake liner flowers are fun to make!
- Don’t throw out that egg carton! You can use it to make egg carton flowers and a flower wreath!
- Flower crafts don’t have to be just paper. You can make these ribbon flowers too!
- Looking for more crafts for kids? We have more than 1000+ crafts to choose from!
How did your coffee filter roses turn out? Comment below, we’d love to hear from you.