These activities for one year olds are perfect for babies and toddlers. Whether at home or in a daycare classroom, these activities are amazing for learning about the world around these babies. From sensory activities to discovery toys and more, we have so many great activities that one year olds will love!
Fun Activities For One Year Olds
These fun activities for one year olds will encourage your tot to explore her surroundings. Our favorite toddler activities have been researched and tot-tested! Play with baby doesn’t require fancy toys or the perfectly designed nursery. Activities for one year olds often use things already found at home in a unique way.
Favorite Activities For One Year Olds:
- Sensory Activities
- Discovery Toys
- Baby Toys
- Craft Ideas for Toddlers
We will be exploring all of these fun activities for one year olds. All of them educational, but fun and stimulating!
Sensory Activities for One Year Olds:
1. Fun Playdough Activities For One Year Olds
A lump of clay and household items or toys can keep a toddler entertained for hours! Make sure you are paying attention though as it can be a choking hazard.
2. Fun Texture Hunt Activities For One Year Olds
You and your tot can go on a texture hunt, make a book of different textures to explore (via Bloesum Kids)
3. Fun Fruit Cereal Sensory Box For 1 Year Olds
Use the lid to a box to create a sensory box for your 1 year old to use to explore the world around them through their senses. (via Entertain Your Toddler)
4. Matching Texture Activities For 1 Year Olds
Match textures as you feel them inside balloons (via Little Bins For Little Hands).
All these sensory experiences can introduce your one year old to new things.
Discovery Toys for One Year Olds:
Toys don’t have to be fancy for toddlers to enjoy them! Some of my infants favorites are created with items found around the house.
5. I- Spy Shaking Bottle Activity For One Year Olds
We made I-Spy shaking bottles! Explore and shake with these fun bottles.
6. Glowing Sensory Bottle For One Year Olds
Add glitter and glow in the dark stars in your bottles. Your one year old can explore night time in a less scary and super calming manner.
7. Smorgasbord Of Bottles Activities For 1 Year Olds
Over at Pre-school Play they have a smorgasbord of bottle ideas including one where they added marbles to shampoo
8. Sound and Visual Activities For 1 Year Olds
Loveevery added colorful items to plain water and empty bottles to create a collection of visual and sound effects.
9. Discovery Bag Ideas For 1 Year Olds
Happy Toddler Playtime made a bottle-free discovery bag for her kids to play with.
A trip to the toy store with your toddler in tow isn’t necessary when you can upcycle what you already have at home.
10. Fun DIY Clipping Toys For One Year Olds
One of our most popular DIY creations is our toddler clipping toy – sure to entertain!
There are other ways to create toddler toys from everyday objects.
11. Counting Coconuts Games For 1 Year Olds
Counting Coconuts made blocks from tree branches, mix pipe-cleaners and a sifter and you have toddler poking fun.
12. DIY Drum Craft For Toddlers
An old cereal tub or a large tin can when decorated becomes a drum (via No Time for Flashcards).
13. Pom Pom and Tupperware Game For One Year Olds
Help your tot practice fine motor skills with pom-poms and a tupperware tub (via Engaging Toddler Activities).
Life is ALL about play when you are a one year old!
Craft Ideas for Toddlers:
Toddlers are about the process, not the end product, so crafting with a one year old is an experience all its own.
Baby Safe Finger paint with edible paints
14. Baby Safe Paint From Condensed Milk
A Bunch of Keys made finger paint from condensed milk!
15. Baby Safe Edible Paint Made With Fruit Loops
And Kids Activities Blog made edible paint from Fruit Loops.
16. Mess Free Paint Activities For One Year Olds
Don’t want to risk the mess? Laughing Kids Learn has a great solution. You place paint in a large plastic bag and secure it to a flat surface, like a window, with tape and let the painting begin!
17. DIY Watercolors For Toddlers
Have dried out markers and maybe a tot like mine who likes to color on herself? This blogger made watercolors out of her old markers.
Need More Fun Activities for Your Kids? Here are More Baby and Toddler Activities From Kids Activities Blog:
OK, so maybe your child is a bit older…never fear! We have researched fun kids activities for toddlers, preschoolers and Kindergartners too:
- If you liked these activities you’ll love these other activities for 1 year olds.
- This is the best pom poms craft for 1 year olds.
- Check out these fun activities for on year olds.
- We have a fun list of games for 1 year olds as well.
- These sensory activities for 1 year olds are both educational and fun.
- Don’t worry if you’re little one is growing! We have activities for two year olds too.
- These crafts for two year olds are a blast!
- Enjoy these fun activities for two year olds!
- Have even older kids? Fret not! They’ll love these craft for 3 year olds.
- Here is a list of our favorite activities for 3 year olds.
- Do you have big kids? These creative activities for 4 year olds are perfect!
- We even have activities to do with 5 year olds as well!
- Make preschool fun with these fun activities.
- Need some supplemental activities for your preschooler? These fall crafts for preschoolers are exactly what you need!
- Teaching preschool doesn’t have to be a hassle. Make it hassle free with these no prep lesson plans!
- We have some many great development activities for babies and toddlers.
- We also have over 50 ways for babies to play!
Which activities will you be trying with your one year old?