This Ocean Sensory Bag is a fun way to experience the deep blue sea for little hands. Babies and toddlers will delight in the squishy sensory bag that is filled with ocean creatures. Kids of all ages can help make this ocean squish bag for baby!
Ocean Sensory Bag for Baby
My toddler loved squishing the bag and feeling the animals inside. Sensory bags are great because they keep the mess contained. While we love our sensory bin, sometimes it just isn’t practical to have colored rice where my toddler can dump it on the floor.
Related: Check out a big list of DIY sensory bags you can make
And the gel in this sensory bag is really fun. What kid doesn’t love something this squishy?
This article contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed to Make Ocean Sensory Bags
- Gallon-sized ziplock bag
- Hair gel – clear, blue or any light color
- Blue food coloring – if your hair gel is not blue
- Sea animal toys
- Packing tape
How to Make an Ocean Sensory Bag for Babies
Watch our video tutorial how to make a sensory bag
Squirt the hair gel into the ziplock bag. Our bottle of hair gel was already blue, but you can add blue food coloring if you want to give it a bit more color.
Add glitter to the bag, along with the animal toys.
- Seal the ziplock bag, removing as much air as possible.
- Use the packing tape to secure the seal.
- You can even line the edges of the ziplock bag with the tape to prevent it from leaking.
Now, your ocean sensory bag is ready for play!
Our Experience Making Ocean Sensory Bag for Toddlers
We made this sensory bag for our son who was 3. While sensory bags are generally used with ages 0-2, older kids love to play with them too.
We had recently been on a trip to the ocean and creating this ocean sensory bag together was a great way to bring back memories of our trip to Starfish Point in Grand Cayman, when he held a starfish in his hands.
More Sensory Bags to Make for Play
Sensory Play for Kids from Kids activities Blog
- Let’s make an ocean sensory bin!
- A big list of sensory for babies – activities and information
- A big list of sensory bins you can make for toddlers and preschoolers
- Got a 2 year old? We have the best activity for toddlers ideas around!
- Or need some easy activities for 2 year olds?
- Make a baby-safe cloud dough recipe that is sensory fun!
- Let’s play with a rice sensory bin today!
How did your baby enjoy the ocean sensory bag?